Reaction score
I haven't been fishing in a while :(

Me and my brother need to buy a boat lol

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't been fishing in a while :(

Me and my brother need to buy a boat lol
I bought a boat last year. It's a 4.5m quintrex with 50hp.
Just use it on Botany Bay and then take it away up north coast annually.
We also did a kingfish charter a few months ago from Terrigal. There were 6 of us who paid $200 each. We were told that we were certain to catch kingies.
We got 2 leatherjacket all day. That's $600 per fish. I should have saved my cash and just bought some caviar instead.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Love fishing, great time to spend with mates/family

N

Natboy

I bought a boat last year. It's a 4.5m quintrex with 50hp.
Just use it on Botany Bay and then take it away up north coast annually.
We also did a kingfish charter a few months ago from Terrigal. There were 6 of us who paid $200 each. We were told that we were certain to catch kingies.
We got 2 leatherjacket all day. That's $600 per fish. I should have saved my cash and just bought some caviar instead.
I would prefer to spend $1200 on a bar tab at the crown plaza & get fishy smelling fingers that way lol sorry ladies on here

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
I'm so unlucky when it comes to fishing, I had a Penn rod stolen at Clifton Gardens (my first rod) and an abu garcia lost by my mates last week at the entrance. I just bought a new, pricey Abu Garcia which thankfully is 2-piece so I won't have to load it in my mates ute like the last one. I've got a Shakespeare 10" for beach fishing but it needs a new reel.

To this day I still haven't seen someone catch a kingy or jewie but i'm dying to see it happen.

What's everyones favourite place to go?

What's everyones favourite

N

Natboy

Mate go to Darwin on a charter! There is so many fish and they are so fat from having so much food.
You'll pull up barra, Jewies, sharks etc with crocs slyly watching you haha

I bought a beautiful new shimano boat combo yesterday & a tackle box with more compartments than I know what to do with haha

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Mate go to Darwin on a charter! There is so many fish and they are so fat from having so much food.
You'll pull up barra, Jewies, sharks etc with crocs slyly watching you haha

I bought a beautiful new shimano boat combo yesterday & a tackle box with more compartments than I know what to do with haha
Way too much effort.. Darwin? I'd rather go NZ tbh..

N

Natboy

Too cold! Darwin is awesome. I seriously considered living there!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
dont have a boat but often go fishing at jacobs well , cabbage tree creek and tingalpa river quite a bit.
have found that using finely cut up ox heart in strips is a top bait, usually get a feed of bream and occasionally some decent whiting or a good flathead.
only down side is if the bloody asians are fishing then they take everything they catch, was at the well one night and a bloke told they to throw back the small fish, they carried on in their lingo and 3 of them tried to stand over this bloke, he grabbed all their gear rods tackle buckets cast nets the whole lot and tossed it all in the water, best night of fishing ive ever had, when they left to get the police i managed to hook a good shakesphers rod and reel and a cast net, packed up my gear and left

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^good stuff. I wouldve tried to get all their reels lol

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
dont have a boat but often go fishing at jacobs well , cabbage tree creek and tingalpa river quite a bit.
have found that using finely cut up ox heart in strips is a top bait, usually get a feed of bream and occasionally some decent whiting or a good flathead.
only down side is if the bloody asians are fishing then they take everything they catch, was at the well one night and a bloke told they to throw back the small fish, they carried on in their lingo and 3 of them tried to stand over this bloke, he grabbed all their gear rods tackle buckets cast nets the whole lot and tossed it all in the water, best night of fishing ive ever had, when they left to get the police i managed to hook a good shakesphers rod and reel and a cast net, packed up my gear and left
Asians are fu#kers, when it comes to fishing.
I was fishin at wottamolla and this Asian guy had about the 10 size 5 hooks on and was trawling for baby trevally to grind up into fish cakes ! I swear he caught 100 !

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Asians are fu#kers, when it comes to fishing.
I was fishin at wottamolla and this Asian guy had about the 10 size 5 hooks on and was trawling for baby trevally to grind up into fish cakes ! I swear he caught 100 !
LOL.

when i throw back any under-sized fished, they look at me like ive just thrown their own child in the drink. O_O and then they wonder why theres no decent sized fish in the river.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Went fishing last night, caught about 30 good sized taylor, my mate got a 84cm Jew.. Another mate lost a close to 1m flatty because we didn't bring a net, snapped the 30lb leader.. We moved to Clifton gardens and i lost a kingy, was using 8lb braid and 15lb mono leader, snapped the leader from the hook as I was pulling the **** in. He was one hell of a fighter. Still spewing

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Going to head down the bridle track on the macqaurie river the sarv and hopefully get a few Murray cod on surface!! Nothing like a surface strike

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Went fishing last night, caught about 30 good sized taylor, my mate got a 84cm Jew.. Another mate lost a close to 1m flatty because we didn't bring a net, snapped the 30lb leader.. We moved to Clifton gardens and i lost a kingy, was using 8lb braid and 15lb mono leader, snapped the leader from the hook as I was pulling the **** in. He was one hell of a fighter. Still spewing
Faarrrrk. Big night.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
dall day session today around canberra. started at 7am, finished at 6pm.

landed 1 fish all day. so rough lol. was a ripper but. big fat golden perch off the bank of the molonglo.

got bites from redfin all day but they wouldn't take and only saw 1 carp all day.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The flatties are going nuts in the Entrance, caught 8 50cm+ in a 3 day session.

Plus a 42 cm fat Bream.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The flatties are going nuts in the Entrance, caught 8 50cm+ in a 3 day session.

Plus a 42 cm fat Bream.
And you haven't even popped in to the south of the coast to visit old soh so we can yell at stuff .I feel cheated lol

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
dall day session today around canberra. started at 7am, finished at 6pm.

landed 1 fish all day. so rough lol. was a ripper but. big fat golden perch off the bank of the molonglo.

got bites from redfin all day but they wouldn't take and only saw 1 carp all day.

Not a bad yella mate, bit quite but at least u toughed it out!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah very happy with it. My first freshwater fish (besides a few carp). Also never caught one of these before. Expected a lot tougher fight but I got lucky as it was about 2 foot away from the bank. It striked and all I pretty much had to do was lift her out of the water lol. Still stoked.

Might head back to the same spot early tomorrow morning and have another crack. Caught it on a soft plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.