Fishing and your fishing set up.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I haven't been fishing since ANZAC day where some big arse fish (I'm thinking kingy or shark) dragged my rod over a metre high wall into the water and took off with the whole fkn rod.

I thought that shit only happens in movies lol But I'm spewing it was a 300 dollar Daiwa setup.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I haven't been fishing since ANZAC day where some big arse fish (I'm thinking kingy or shark) dragged my rod over a metre high wall into the water and took off with the whole fkn rod.

I thought that shit only happens in movies lol But I'm spewing it was a 300 dollar Daiwa setup.
Fuckin spewing. Had that happen to me once when I was about 10 fishing with my dad and uncle at Brighton on the old jetty.

I threw the bait out and wound in to take the slack of the line and something smashed it but stopped moving. Told my dad something was on and he said nah it's just a snag and to leave it. About 20 seconds later the rod takes off.

A few minutes later my uncle starts winding his line in and it's heavy. He pulls it up and it's my rod that he hooked. We wind my rod in and the bastard fish or shark had spooled the rod while it was sitting at the bottom of the water.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fuckin spewing. Had that happen to me once when I was about 10 fishing with my dad and uncle at Brighton on the old jetty.

I threw the bait out and wound in to take the slack of the line and something smashed it but stopped moving. Told my dad something was on and he said nah it's just a snag and to leave it. About 20 seconds later the rod takes off.

A few minutes later my uncle starts winding his line in and it's heavy. He pulls it up and it's my rod that he hooked. We wind my rod in and the bastard fish or shark had spooled the rod while it was sitting at the bottom of the water.
I now have to think twice before putting another rod down lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Honestly sounds like the most bullshit story an old arab will make up as an excuse for not catching any fish.
I've always said the same until it fkn happened. Lucky I had witnesses lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I've lost two rods into the water with fish pulling them in. First was about 20 years back below the weir you see from Liverpool station. Was fixing my cousin's rod up cos he's fucking useless. Saw the bite, told him to grab it, he said no...... Five seconds later the **** zipped off like I'd hooked a jet boat. Was pissed about losing a $120 combo as a student, but also about knowing that's the only time I'd gotten a bite there.

Second time was fishing for eels ne'er Armidale, mate hooks a metre plus eel, asks me to take photo, put my rod down for 5 seconds and the bastards zips off into the water with my mate stupidly looking at it go past his feet.

Moral of the story, don't leave a fucking rod unsecured. Lost about $400 worth of rods and reels due to this.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Hahaha gold

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Running a 23 flybridge Bertram which I Glass podded and fitted a 300 hp Suzuki too two year’s ago, fuck paddling. :tongueclosed:
Doing it tough mate lol
How’s the Suzuki crack along?

Cryptic Ghost

Sharmooderator
Reaction score
Such an under-rated fish the black drummer. Good sign for them to be holding this type of condition at this time of year.
Plenty around at the moment, drummer's and breams in abundance currently. Good time to be out targeting them as well.