Fishing and your fishing set up.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Very nice mate. Been stinging to get out for a fish. Took the mrs prawning in my little honey hole the other night but she was too tired to throw some livies out for fatties.

Ended up going home with about 2kg prawns
Lucky bastard, never been prawning
Will have to give it a crack one day

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lucky bastard, never been prawning
Will have to give it a crack one day
It's great fun once you find a spot that produces. Otherwise it's annoying as fuck

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's great fun once you find a spot that produces. Otherwise it's annoying as fuck
Wouldn’t know where to start
Chase much flatty n bream mate?

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Number 1 fishing tip.

Please wear life jacket when fishing! And if you don’t understand the ocean then don’t go rock fishing!
That's exactly right. Had a good mate of mine pass away while rock fishing a few years ago. He wasn't a great swimmer and didn't understand the risks involved.

Never turn your back on the ocean.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Coffs is a great place to fish from a kayak. Go to Muttonbird about 150mts from the shore. Lots of good fish there.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's exactly right. Had a good mate of mine pass away while rock fishing a few years ago. He wasn't a great swimmer and didn't understand the risks involved.

Never turn your back on the ocean.
Yep never turn your back on the ocean no matter how big it is. I’ve been living in Wollongong my whole life. Surfed all my life and seen so many people get washed off rocks cause they got no idea what they are doing. Had to save few people also. If your a fisherman from Sydney or where ever and plan on coming down here to hill 60 port Kembla. Check the charts if it’s a south swell just stay home. So many people dying off there lately and always on south swell. There is plenty of apps to get to give you safe guidance on where to fish.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Only just found this thread but I am warming up:blush: Top photo is The yellowfin sashimi I had for lunch yesterday.

Attachments

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Narrabeen beach and Narrabeen lake, just 100m up and down the road from me.
Bliss...
Very jealous mate. Love wading through the caravan park end for whiting and flatties

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very jealous mate. Love wading through the caravan park end for whiting and flatties
Go down to the bridge opposite the Narra sharks field, thats the spot... ;)