First signing for 2024 will be ?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First I want confirmation Burton signs a long term deal. Second id love for the club to announce Mitch Moses as our 7 for 2024 (which isn’t happening)… a couple of nice marquee signings would be nice.
I said I hear Burton wasn’t happy earlier in the year but surely that’s changed now ciraldo is on board. Just hope he signs for market value and we don’t over pay just to hold onto him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
what about Jayden Campbell?
He'd be a good buy if available but can't see a world where Titan doesn't play him fullback and he's on contract for a while pretty sure.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not much in that list that really stands out, 2024 should be about refining and retention.
Why are the Knights getting first shot at Brooks?
We have millions to spend, pretty much means we have to sign players since we have to spend 95% of the cap and we want to push into the 8.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He'd be a good buy if available but can't see a world where Titan doesn't play him fullback and he's on contract for a while pretty sure.
Brimson could easily play fullback at some stage. Holbrook chops and changes so much that anything is possible.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you were a betting man who would you put serious money on to be our first announced signing for 2024 ?

Not so much who you would like to be signed, more who you think the club will sign.

Mine would be Mitchell Moses (closely followed by Stephen Crichton)
Bronson Xeri

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the Crichton rumour a troll? I keep hearing his name mentioned here…

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ummm, how about we get through 2023 first...
Think it’s cause as of today contracts for 24 can be registered and you don’t wait to sign quality e.g what we did for kikau and Mahoney. You have very little high quality left into the season looking for a contract. Unless released.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Those guys will be a few years off though. Unless Averillo improves a lot and makes that spot his own, they'll have to find someone until if/when those young fullbacks in juniors are ready.
I believe Wilson could be the surprise of the season, he seems to have all the attributes of a rock-star fullback that we have been longing for.
Averillo could become that special fullback after a full off season training in the position under a new coach.
Hard to believe, come end of next season we might be stacked with top fullbacks :-)

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way we are signing Mitch Moses. He will probably get $1 million at Parra so to get him out of there would take $1.3 million at least. Gus wont pay that money for a guy who goes missing more often than not in big games.

The halfback for 2024 still remains a mystery. I wouldnt be surprised if we had another go at Sullivan. I heard on a podcast last week that he is only on about $250k next year so thats why the dragons wont let him go. But for 2024 and 2025 he is on around $500k per year so thats a shitload to pay a backup half.

There is alot to play out though. Gus might look at someone like Hastings and try to get him next year

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no way we are signing Mitch Moses. He will probably get $1 million at Parra so to get him out of there would take $1.3 million at least. Gus wont pay that money for a guy who goes missing more often than not in big games.

The halfback for 2024 still remains a mystery. I wouldnt be surprised if we had another go at Sullivan. I heard on a podcast last week that he is only on about $250k next year so thats why the dragons wont let him go. But for 2024 and 2025 he is on around $500k per year so thats a shitload to pay a backup half.

There is alot to play out though. Gus might look at someone like Hastings and try to get him next year
so much shit quality available for halfbacks....there is Moses or brooks or hastings...and the NRL want to add an 18th team...give me a break...the quality players in the spine are not available

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Brimson could easily play fullback at some stage. Holbrook chops and changes so much that anything is possible.
can't see Holbrook lasting much longer making decisions like that, but he's probably gone anyways.