Opinion First NRL coach....

Who will be the first NRL coach sacked this year?

• Adam O'Brien

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Justin Holbrook

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Anthony Griffin

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters

ChesoBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t go passed Griffin. I seriously can’t see how Dragons are going to win more than 4 games.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needs a few games into the season (probably 3) before coaches will be on shaky ground.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
oh oh oh Obrien.

No one expects much from drags so griffin will get lenient treatment

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Griffin but O'Brien and especially Holbrook can't continue to keep dishing up what they have been with the roster they have.

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Griffin but O'Brien and especially Holbrook can't continue to keep dishing up what they have been with the roster they have.
It's also the culture.. I wouldn't say Dragons is too bad I mean obviously besides the Amone thing, but Kalyn who is Newcastle's marquee player/captain is still up there carrying on like a spoilt brat.. it's not a good look on ohhhh O'brien

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kevvie is a dark horse. Just had his contract extended I think but that doesn't mean shit. The gronks expect results.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who knows. The big issue is that there's seemingly few quality replacements if these three do get sacked. Every other option is a huge gamble. I still rate Ciraldo as something of a gamble still. Signs so far are promising. Many were prepared to think Barrett was the Messiah. So really the proof is in the pudding. We won't know for a while if he's got the nous to implement attacking structures that'll stand up for a season or more.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Who knows. The big issue is that there's seemingly few quality replacements if these three do get sacked. Every other option is a huge gamble. I still rate Ciraldo as something of a gamble still. Signs so far are promising. Many were prepared to think Barrett was the Messiah. So really the proof is in the pudding. We won't know for a while if he's got the nous to implement attacking structures that'll stand up for a season or more.
People who don't understand league thought Baz was anything more than just an assistant at best.

CC did in one game that Baz has never done. CC realised Skelton outside of the hog Topine was a mistake and moved him to the opposite centre position with instant results (try assist on his first touch).

Baz The fraud was too proud, or more likely, too fkn stupid, to fix his mistakes.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All 3 will be sacked this year.
O'Brien has at least improved their squad, that might save him, the Titans have some quality in their team too . . . Its just a matter of how many weeks until Griffin gets shown the Gryffindor

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think with all the noise around Ponga lots of pressure on the Knights. Can't see this ending well. Ponga may not aim to get the Coach sacked but I think that is what will happen.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Holbrook's got it tough up there at the Goldie. Can't imagine any coach doing good over an extended period for the Titans.

The one thing in Hook's favour is they were competing for the top 8 for most of last season, even with that shithouse squad.

Then we have O'Brien. Some of the shit he was saying last year was borderline insane and desperate. How he's still coach is a mystery. He's flipped and flopped with his halves and it doesn't look to be any better this year either. He was after Brooks FFS!

O'Brien is my certainty for being sacked this year... don't know of he'll be the first though.