First Grade squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the full list for the First Grade squad ??

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
This year it is basically a 30-man squad.

The 30-man squad will train together each week, the 17-man squad for each round will be announced every Tuesday and then on Thursdays the remaining 13 players will train with Premier League where they more than likely will play.

The 30-man squad will be available along with their profiles on the new Bulldogs website as of February 25.

A

Abz

Just on that note, what does everyone think the Bulldogs first-grade side will look like this year? Here's my lineup:

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri
3. Reni Maitua
4. Willie Tonga
5. Matt Utai
6. Daniel Holdsworth
7. Brent Sherwin
8. Mark O'Meley
9. Adam Perry/Corey Hughes (the other will be in premier league)
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Willie Mason
12. Andrew Ryan
13. Sonny-Bill Williams

14. Tony Grimaldi
15. Billy Ngawini
16. Nate Myles
17. Chris Armit

Fender

Dogs Supporter (1984 - )
Reaction score
Hard to select a side for many reasons, but I would think that our full strength side, injury-free, and with the potential shown in pre-season realised at NRL level, it'd be ...

1. Patten, 2. El Masri, 3. Davui, 4. Tonga, 5. Utai, 6. Holdsworth, 7. Sherwin, 8. O'Meley, 9. Hughes, 10. Asotasi, 11. Mason, 12. Ryan (c), 13. Grimaldi. Res: 14. Williams, 15. Myles, 16. Maitua, 17. Ngawini.

Mason, Asotasi and Myles would rotate between second and front row to ensure we have two props at all times. Grimaldi would play about 65 minutes a game. Corey and Ngawini would play 45 and 35 minutes each. Williams and Maitua will float between second row and lock depending on who else is on the field.

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good work lads. Starting to get a bit more fired up with the season approaching.

Does anyone know how the Winamp works so that I can get coverage of all the Dogs games online not just the ones covered by 2GB.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't seen any of the new recruits in action so I can't comment, but I'm willing to state that Reni Maitua must start in the side somewhere, be it at centre, lock, 5/8th or hooker. Personally I'd rather have him at centre, he's very dangerous with the ball in his hand, rock solid in defence and can run some good lines. The backs are as per program,

1.Luke Patten
2.Hazem El-Masri
3.Reni Maitua
4.Willie Tonga
5.Matt Utai

The 5/8th position will be fought out between Holdsworth and Roberts. Holdsworth will get the nod based on his experience at NRL level, and Shifty Sherwin will be at halfback. Should Sherwin fail, and we're languishing at the bottom of the table by round 5, I expect Ngawini to be moved to halfback.

6.Holdsworth
7.Sherwin

We're the only forward pack in the NRL that boasts internationals in every position bar hooker. (Although if Billy N is selected, he can be classified as an international because he played for NZ A). Undecided on whether I would pick Hughes or Perry to start off, but one of them certainly has to go.

8.Mark O'meley
9.Adam Perry / Corey Hughes
10.Roy Asotasi
11.Willie Mason
12.Andrew Ryan
13.Sonny Bill Williams

The bench would consist of players that have trained the house down in the off season, and those that impressed last year.

14.Billy Ngawini
15.Nate Myles
16.Chris Armit
17. x

The x denotes a player that has won this position on the back of some solid performances in premier league or showed some promise at training. Will most likely be brought on as an impact player, rather than doing the hard yards, and tackling.

Some notable omissions:

-Tony Grimaldi. I feel that Tony has served the club well, and should be rewarded with a "year off" sorta thing to guide the young fellas in premier league. This will help him in his transition into a office/administration orientated role when he retires.

-One of Perry/Hughes - both are solid players and can do the job at NRL level.

bullfrog

Waterboy
Reaction score
whichever side folkes decides to start with , i dont mind , they just gotta remember that when they don the blue and white , they become men of steel ....

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Habib said:
I haven't seen any of the new recruits in action so I can't comment, but I'm willing to state that Reni Maitua must start in the side somewhere, be it at centre, lock, 5/8th or hooker. Personally I'd rather have him at centre, he's very dangerous with the ball in his hand, rock solid in defence and can run some good lines. The backs are as per program,

1.Luke Patten
2.Hazem El-Masri
3.Reni Maitua
4.Willie Tonga
5.Matt Utai

The 5/8th position will be fought out between Holdsworth and Roberts. Holdsworth will get the nod based on his experience at NRL level, and Shifty Sherwin will be at halfback. Should Sherwin fail, and we're languishing at the bottom of the table by round 5, I expect Ngawini to be moved to halfback.

6.Holdsworth
7.Sherwin

We're the only forward pack in the NRL that boasts internationals in every position bar hooker. (Although if Billy N is selected, he can be classified as an international because he played for NZ A). Undecided on whether I would pick Hughes or Perry to start off, but one of them certainly has to go.

8.Mark O'meley
9.Adam Perry / Corey Hughes
10.Roy Asotasi
11.Willie Mason
12.Andrew Ryan
13.Sonny Bill Williams

The bench would consist of players that have trained the house down in the off season, and those that impressed last year.

14.Billy Ngawini
15.Nate Myles
16.Chris Armit
17. x

The x denotes a player that has won this position on the back of some solid performances in premier league or showed some promise at training. Will most likely be brought on as an impact player, rather than doing the hard yards, and tackling.

Some notable omissions:

-Tony Grimaldi. I feel that Tony has served the club well, and should be rewarded with a "year off" sorta thing to guide the young fellas in premier league. This will help him in his transition into a office/administration orientated role when he retires.

-One of Perry/Hughes - both are solid players and can do the job at NRL level.
Disagree about the 5/8th section. Lamb said himself that if not Holdsworth its Matuia guaranteed:grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.