Finucane V Eastwood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Finucane is solid, but he doesn't seem to be able to create line breaks up the middle from nowhere like Eastwood does occasionally.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think Finucane is solid, but he doesn't seem to be able to create line breaks up the middle from nowhere like Eastwood does occasionally.
Not every player plays the same. Eastwood is better in attack but Finucane is better in defense.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Eastwood has good footwork for such a big guy.
Eastwood and Finnucane both hit pretty hard in defence.

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
Eastwood is on a different level then Finucane in attack. He hits the line harder, can go through, offload etc... Dale doesn't have that impact in his game (never has even in 20's). Beast has always been best coming off the bench imo. We have to balance it out. I'm a strong believer that your workers should be starters as often the first 20mins in a game is a boring grind it out type of football. After 20 you want to bring on big guys with impact to blow the opposition away. The advantage of this is that the big men then get to use half time as a free interchange as well. I would go with:

8. Tolman
9. Ennis
10. Graham
11. Pritchard
12. Jackson
13. Finucane

14. Eastwood (bring on after 20min - can hopefully play the next 60 with halftime break)
15. Kasiano (Bring on @ 30min - then he can play 30 - 40min / halftime / 40 - 50min then 70 - 80min)
16. Williams (Bring on @20min - can hopefully play the next 60 with halftime break)
17. Halatau (gets his usual 5 minutes under des!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finucane should be in the run on team at lock. He's big, mobile, hard as nails and does his share plus in attack and defence.

Eastwood is a quality player who has good ball skills and runs well. He would be a huge advantage as an interchange player.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Finucane is one of the hardest runners of the ball at present..
still not as smart when it comes to finding the holes through the opposition defence.. This is something Eastwood has over him but Finucane will get there with time.. Playing him in starting lineup has its merits... Worth a try..

aarooni

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eastwood was awesome in last years finals and you may get past him but you don't go over him.hes a solid unit who can step up for the big games.his footwork is good and expecting him to step it up again soon come finals.;

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Finucane is an impressive young player. His ball skills will improve; especially if he learns from Eastwood. He would be good running off Graham near the line. (The job I had hoped T-Rex would have had).

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Both players are outstanding and our club is privileged to have them. Finucane reminds me of Bradley Clyde which is a big big compliment. Eastwood reminds me of Jason Smith. We need them both.

Reaction score
Both players are outstanding and our club is privileged to have them. Finucane reminds me of Bradley Clyde which is a big big compliment. Eastwood reminds me of Jason Smith. We need them both.
just my opinion, finucane is better than clyde, jackson reminds me alot of clyde

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Eastwood has somewhat disappointed me this year. Not really effective when starting the game, and doesn't get many minutes after that. Fitness?

I think he might need a bit of a spell on the bench as a bit of a wake up call, and as one of the senior players. Wouldn't be a bad idea after injury, also.

Malla

Reaction score
He has the best tackling technique in the league. Aims up and launches himself at players ribs. Put the Burgess bro's on their asses all night.

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
He has the best tackling technique in the league. Aims up and launches himself at players ribs. Put the Burgess bro's on their asses all night.
I was about to say his tackling technique is the best I have seen in a while!

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good chance he plays 10 or so minutes of prop next week imo (on top of 35-40 at lock)

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finucane is very talented. Big strong guy who runs hard. But at the same time he is very mobile and skilled with his offloads and passing before the line. He also hits hard in defense as well. He should be starting on a regular basis now. He will be a rep player within a few years imo

silva

Utility
Reaction score
11 Pritchard
12 finucane
13 Eastwood
Is on the money

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finucane, top player who I think is under utilised!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I would go Eastwood on bench and not for any bad reason. Give him just time enough on the field to make an impact and play some creative footy and leave Finucane as the starter for "blunt force trama" so to speak!

Status
Not open for further replies.