Fifita crawls back to Cronulla & Bulldogs served papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogjem

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I must say I am concerned, but more so from a PR point of view. I have no doubt there is fault from both parties, but without knowing what was written in the MOA, it is hard to tell the outcome. My money would be on a out of court settlement for a 6 figure amount and a confidentiality clause to keep things quiet.
This is going to get ugly .... Why in the hell did they go chasing fifita in the first place is beyond me and with all that money ...

steeliz21

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Isn't anyone a little bit concerned here ? Why would his lawyers and fifita go through court and lawyers fees if they didn't know something was In it for them?
Not really. Talking to a solicitor and trying to look like a hard bastard just to intimidate the club into giving him what he wants.

It is a long way from going to court and having to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to actually sue.

Probably hoping that the dogs will just pay him so he can crawl away quietly.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is going to get ugly .... Why in the hell did they go chasing fifita in the first place is beyond me and with all that money ...
Yeah I agree, we never needed him in the first place and then to get him for such a high figure, makes the mind boggle. Don't get me wrong, I think he is a good player and would have liked to see him play for the Dogs but on a much lower amount and not at the expense of our juniors or current players.

dogs_of_war89

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I see one of two things happening:
1) bulldogs call the bluff and fafita backs of into his shell or
2) it will go to court and the bulldogswill tear fafita and his management a new a$$hole.

Our club wouldve consulted the best legal team before sacking fafita. Whether or not raelene is an amateur or not, our board are too smart for this flop fafita

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a desperate ploy from a rookie management team.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's certainly not doing a good job promoting himself for future employers. Why would any club sign him after the way he's carrying on at the moment? A typical Gen Y turd (with respect the Gen Y Kennellers who are awesome)

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just so I understand, fifita is suing the dogs for a contract that he did not even want?

Boldslug

Waterboy
Reaction score
He's certainly not doing a good job promoting himself for future employers. Why would any club sign him after the way he's carrying on at the moment? A typical Gen Y turd (with respect the Gen Y Kennellers who are awesome)
Spot on he is turning himself into someone no other club would touch. Who would ever risk agreeing to an MOU with him in future?

N

Natboy

We won't have to but if we did have to pay that I would sign him still and leave him to rot in reserves

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
2 things for me.
I thought every contract had to be signed off by the NRL to be binding and this wasn't
I also thought there was a June deadline to pull out for either party ala Milford saga.

if he thinks he can sue for 3.4 then they'll get something by the sound of it.

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't anyone a little bit concerned here ? Why would his lawyers and fifita go through court and lawyers fees if they didn't know something was In it for them?
His management are amateur.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think lot of this would be smoke from total sports management who really contributed to the screwing over of Fifi in that they neglected to inform him to keep his mouth shut. Fifi is as much to blame for making stupid remarks about an employer who were offering him an above average deal. You just say thanks and i look forwards to starting with you when fortune smiles on you. Total Sports Management is going to look like a poorer alternative for future clients because of this debacle while the Bulldogs will move on easily enough. Hopefully it convinces a few managers that they need to keep their clients informed of every obligation. I'm sure the guy in charge there regrets his lost commission.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the sharks will benefit from an ongoing court case given their current situation. They might even get a bulk discount from their legal team!

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is this media BS again or is he really suing us

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think lot of this would be smoke from total sports management who really contributed to the screwing over of Fifi in that they neglected to inform him to keep his mouth shut. Fifi is as much to blame for making stupid remarks about an employer who were offering him an above average deal. You just say thanks and i look forwards to starting with you when fortune smiles on you. Total Sports Management is going to look like a poorer alternative for future clients because of this debacle while the Bulldogs will move on easily enough. Hopefully it convinces a few managers that they need to keep their clients informed of every obligation. I'm sure the guy in charge there regrets his lost commission.
I would probably say most of the fuel for the law suit is from his manager looking for lost commission and telling Fajita he has been hugely wronged?

Status
Not open for further replies.