Fifa World Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
You are talking about the same Greece that qualified through the skin of their teeth for this world cup?
The same Greece who so valiantly defended their Euro 2004 crown by going out in straight sets in last years tournament with the worst record out of any team in that tournament?

You bring up the 1934 world cup, and yes Italy did have South American's playing for them in that world cup, but if you had any knowledge of football you would also know that nearly every team in those times imported players.
It wasn't uncommon back then and you just have to look at one of the great players of all time for evidence of this in Alfredo Di Stefano who not only represented Spain but also represented Argentina and Colombia at international level in the 1950's.
Then there was Ferenc Puskás another considered a great in the game of football who not only represented his native Hungary but also played at senior national level for Spain.
Need I go on any more?

You want to talk down Italy's achievements in world football but you really have no idea what so ever. 1982 Italy might have scraped through the group but like a good wine they came good with age and were deserving winners.
In 2006 you bring up "Grosso's antics" of course the one eyed Australian media is going to paint it in a bad light but we all know there was definate contact and there was no way of avoiding the challenge. What you fail to mention is that Australia played the majority of the second half with a one man advantage due to a dubious decision by the referee to send of Marco Materazzi, but yeah let's turn a blind eye to the real facts.
If Australia were truly good enough they would have taken advantage of this situation, but they failed only amassing a total of 4 shots on goal for the whole game to Italy's 7 despite Australia holding 58% of possession.
Just face it Australia are not good enough just like Greece wont be good enough at this world cup, just like Greek club teams are never good enough in European competitions.

As far as corruption in World Cup's goes look no further then 2002 when South Korea were handed a path to the semis on a silver platter due to some of the most dubious refereeing ever witnessed in their games against Italy and Spain.

You are one seriously jealous individual, just remember the facts

Greece- 0 World Cups and may I mention 0 goals for and 10 against LOL!
1 Fluke win in the Euro's only to "defend" their crown by bowing out in straight sets in the 2008 tournament to eventual champions Spain and such European super powers as Sweeden and Russia LOL!

Italy- 4 World Cup wins, second only to the great Brazil and that could easily be reversed, remembering Brazil beat Italy in the '94 final on penalties which we all know are a lottery.

1- Euro Championship

Now you tell me who the better footballing nation is.
LOL well I'm an Aussie who blames Lucas Neill, he's crap and even if the contact could have been avoided what kind of an idiot would avoid it? take the penalty and win the game. it's just annoying when blokes pretend stuff hurts. weren't footballers taught to rub some dirt on it and walk it off?

it's the players job to try and con the ref and the ref to not fall for it.

Ryde Bulldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
LOL well I'm an Aussie who blames Lucas Neill, he's crap and even if the contact could have been avoided what kind of an idiot would avoid it? take the penalty and win the game. it's just annoying when blokes pretend stuff hurts. weren't footballers taught to rub some dirt on it and walk it off?

it's the players job to try and con the ref and the ref to not fall for it.
The first lesson a defender is taught is not to slide in the box, Lucas Neil ignored that and cost his country the game.

Believe it or not I was watching the game as a neutral and would have been happy for Australia to go through, but since that day I have had to listen to the constant abuse served up at the Italian national team through the media and even the general public day in day out on a topic they have no idea about and it has swayed my opinion when it comes to Italy v Australia games in future.

I still wish Australia well and support them, but if they are to ever play Italy again then I have no doubts that I will be cheering the mighty Azzuri on.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
and so you should mate. Im lucky lebanon will never play in a world cup in my life time and prob ever lol! So for me australia would come first. but if it ever did happen then id def go for lebanon.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
The first lesson a defender is taught is not to slide in the box, Lucas Neil ignored that and cost his country the game.

Believe it or not I was watching the game as a neutral and would have been happy for Australia to go through, but since that day I have had to listen to the constant abuse served up at the Italian national team through the media and even the general public day in day out on a topic they have no idea about and it has swayed my opinion when it comes to Italy v Australia games in future.

I still wish Australia well and support them, but if they are to ever play Italy again then I have no doubts that I will be cheering the mighty Azzuri on.
Watch the A-League it shows what Australians know about football.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Watch the A-League it shows what Australians know about football.
lol A league. Its embarrassing that the NSL was prob better than this league.

Ryde Bulldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The NSL WAS better then the A League, if the NSL ever went full time professional like the A League is it would have blown this joke of a league out of the water.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
My brother played the majority of his football for Olympic, but we all know Marconi was Sydney's premier team :grinning:
they played out of Belmore in Blue and White! whats not to love? Through a friend I kind of know a guy that still goes to Olympic games. I've never been but I used to watch on TV.

I know it's wrong to say out loud but am I the only one who misses the fights the old NSL always used to have.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
it was much better

Bring back Olympic!
you are my new best friend, i wish for olympic to come back

The NSL WAS better then the A League, if the NSL ever went full time professional like the A League is it would have blown this joke of a league out of the water.
agree

olympic vs marconi, south melb vs olympic, melb utd vs syd utd now they were real matches with alot of passion not just from the fans but from the players.

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You are talking about the same Greece that qualified through the skin of their teeth for this world cup?
The same Greece who so valiantly defended their Euro 2004 crown by going out in straight sets in last years tournament with the worst record out of any team in that tournament?

You bring up the 1934 world cup, and yes Italy did have South American's playing for them in that world cup, but if you had any knowledge of football you would also know that nearly every team in those times imported players.
It wasn't uncommon back then and you just have to look at one of the great players of all time for evidence of this in Alfredo Di Stefano who not only represented Spain but also represented Argentina and Colombia at international level in the 1950's.
Then there was Ferenc Puskás another considered a great in the game of football who not only represented his native Hungary but also played at senior national level for Spain.
Need I go on any more?

You want to talk down Italy's achievements in world football but you really have no idea what so ever. 1982 Italy might have scraped through the group but like a good wine they came good with age and were deserving winners.
In 2006 you bring up "Grosso's antics" of course the one eyed Australian media is going to paint it in a bad light but we all know there was definate contact and there was no way of avoiding the challenge. What you fail to mention is that Australia played the majority of the second half with a one man advantage due to a dubious decision by the referee to send of Marco Materazzi, but yeah let's turn a blind eye to the real facts.
If Australia were truly good enough they would have taken advantage of this situation, but they failed only amassing a total of 4 shots on goal for the whole game to Italy's 7 despite Australia holding 58% of possession.
Just face it Australia are not good enough just like Greece wont be good enough at this world cup, just like Greek club teams are never good enough in European competitions.

As far as corruption in World Cup's goes look no further then 2002 when South Korea were handed a path to the semis on a silver platter due to some of the most dubious refereeing ever witnessed in their games against Italy and Spain.

You are one seriously jealous individual, just remember the facts

Greece- 0 World Cups and may I mention 0 goals for and 10 against LOL!
1 Fluke win in the Euro's only to "defend" their crown by bowing out in straight sets in the 2008 tournament to eventual champions Spain and such European super powers as Sweeden and Russia LOL!

Italy- 4 World Cup wins, second only to the great Brazil and that could easily be reversed, remembering Brazil beat Italy in the '94 final on penalties which we all know are a lottery.

1- Euro Championship

Now you tell me who the better footballing nation is.
Like I said...Italy are the shonks of world football. When their clubs arent being relegated for corruption their National team is doing its best to lift trophies unconventional ways. BUt how can one be suprised when 15% of their population is invloved in corruption of some kind.
There has not been a single world cup the Italians have won that has left a positive memory of that tournament.As for european club success, tha has come on the back of big chequebooks and foreign players who actually can play the game .

Italy's 2 world cups in the 1930's were won on the back of biased refereeeing in their favour and a host of Sth American ring ins in their line up . I dont think more than 12 teams participated in that comp and the way the Czechs were robbed in the 1934 final in Milan has remained in history as one of the most farcical refereeing performances......fact

In 1982 they should have been eliminated in the first round, they were the worst team in the tournament aside from Honduras but unfortunately the whole world saw the truimph of anti football that year and the world is left to remember the best team not winning the WC being Brazil.....fact

In 2006 we all saw their acrobatics in the box, ofcourse all this is justified because the socerros couldnt score against 10 men........ how can any team score against the boring defensive catenaccio style football Italy have played in the lasy 90 years?.

A poll was conducted around the world not long ago which football national teams football fans enjoy to watch. Of all the big names Italy polled last....yes last, below the Dutch who have never won a world cup and even below England who have played a bland style for many years.....I think that suffices .

So I guess winning world cups does not win you respect, its the way you play the game because the flying Dutchmen have never won a World cup but they play brilliant football.

Its 2010 and you guys are still naturalizing foreigners, looking for ways to shonk another world cup " triumph"..... Camoraneazi is and Argentine and Amauri is Brazilian...... oh and Balotelli got his tan sunbathing in Corsica.:D

But I shouldnt be too harsh with the Italian national team..... the serie A sign the best players of the world and still manage to be one of the most boring leagues in the world...... the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

Oh...and most of the Italian players with their faggy haircuts look like gay baristas that serve coffee in Leichhardt .

Aand before I go, most Italian players are obviously on the juice too...its no coincidence that Cannavaro tested positive to some steroid but being and Italian in the serie A its no coincidence he was later acquitted.

When one talks about everything that is wrong world football their first thought is Italian football.

I worry when teams come up agianst Italy because its never an even playing field .

And Italian crying foul of the 2002 world cup refereeing is akin toa career thief shouting out that someone stole from him.

Greece is no powerhouse but they are no shonks either.....just like the remaining 95% of the footballing world.

Last edited by a moderator:

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My brother played the majority of his football for Olympic, but we all know Marconi was Sydney's premier team :grinning:
Marconi were the roosters of the NSL.... the **** of the comps who bought all the best players because they could afford to do so due to the success of their social club (antisocial club for those who went on a sunday night).

They would get no more 3,500 fans most being Sth americans and only remained in the NSL due to the mafia running the game at the time in Tony Labbozetta.

APIA were the more popular club in the 1960's and 70's before being sabotaged by the Marconi mafia.

Olympic would average 7,000 + a home game and also boosted other teams attendances when Olympic played away.

Marconi never played attractive football and when they won a couple of titles with their closet homosexualcoach Berti Mariani they did in so a manner not disimilar to the shonky Italian NT.

These are the fact. You may not like them but they are what they are.

Ryde Bulldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Like I said...Italy are the shonks of world football. When their clubs arent being relegated for corruption their National team is doing its best to lift trophies unconventional ways. BUt how can one be suprised when 15% of their population is invloved in corruption of some kind.
There has not been a single world cup the Iitalians have won that has left a positive memory of that tournament.

Italy's 2 world cups in the 1930's were won on the back of biased refereeeing in their favourand a host of Sth American ring ins in their line up . I dont think more than 12 teams participated in that comp and the way the Czechs were robbed in the 1934 final in Milan has remained in history as one of the most farcical refereeing performances..

In 1982 they should have been eliminated in the first round, they were the worst team in the tournament aside from Honduras but unfortunately the whole world saw the truimph of anti football that year and the world is left to remember the best team not winning the WC being Brazil.

In 2006 we all saw their acrobatics in the box.

A poll was conducted around the world not long ago which football national teams football fans enjoy to watch. Of all the big names Italy polled last....yes last, below the Dutch who have never won a world cup and even below england who have played a bland style for many years.

So I guess winning world cups does not win you respect, its the way you play the game because the flying dutchmen have never won a World cup but they play brilliant football.

Its 2010 and you guys are still naturalizing foreigners, looking for ways to shonk another world cup " truimph"..... Camoranazi is and Argentine and Amauri is Brazilian...... oh and Balotelli got his tan sunbathing in Corsica.:D

But I shouldnt be too harsh with the Italian national team..... the serie A sign the best players of the world and still manage to be one of the most boring leagues in the world...... the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

Oh...and most of the Italian players with their faggy haircuts look like gay baristas that serve coffee in Leichhardt .

and before I go, most Italian players are obviously on the juice too...its no coincidence that Cannavaro tested posiive and being the serie A no coincidence he was later acquitted.

When one talks about everything that is wrong world football their first thought is Italian football.
*YAWN*
You really are one bitter person aren't you?

You don't play football to entertain, you play to win. I couldn't care less how attractive dutch football is, it isn't winning football and it has been proven time and time again on the world stage.

You can pull all the little step over and jinks you want but that is not going to win you the big games. Italy knows how to win and will continue doing so for many years to come.

You may call the Serie A boring but the fact remains that the Serie A has produced more winners in European club football then any other league, more then the EPL and more then La Liga, again flashy entertaining football doesn't always win you games.

As far as corruption goes, I remember you saying in another post that the Greeks are squeaky clean.

Let me educate you:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/117/greece/2009/02/16/1112402/aris-attack-greek-footballs-corrupt-establishment-want-officials-

http://www.goal.com/en/news/117/greece/2009/02/16/1112402/aris-attack-greek-footballs-corrupt-establishment-want-officials-

I particularly love this line in relation to your beloved Olympiakos

" Former EPO vice-president Kokkalis is implicated in most of the scandals. Triantafyllopoulos aired one tape in which someone - alleged to be Piraeus Referees' Union chairman Yannis Spathas - can be heard saying: "Only Olympiakos and Aegaleo should win, the rest can go f*** themselves."

lol you really are a delusional f*ck if you think the Greeks are squeaky clean.

Marconi were the roosters of the NSL.... the **** of the comps who bought all the best players because they could afford to do so due to the success of their social club (antisocial club for those who went on a sunday night).

They would get no more 3,500 fans most being Sth americans and only remained in the NSL due to the mafia running the game at the time in Tony Labbozetta.

APIA were the more popular club in the 1960's and 70's before being sabotaged by the Marconi mafia.

Olympic would average 7,000 + a home game and also boosted other teams attendances when Olympic played away.

Marconi never played attractive football and when they won a couple of titles with their closet homosexualcoach Berti Mariani they did in so a manner not disimilar to the shonky Italian NT.

These are the fact. You may not like them but they are what they are.
Yes Marconi were the roosters of the NSL, Nice one mate. The reason Olympic could never buy quality players was because their boardroom was full of corruption and in fighting with board members filling their own pockets with the clubs money time and time again.
Funny you call Marconi the Roosters of the NSL when Olympic were OWNED by one Nick Politis... but let's choose to ignore the facts once again.

I know more about the ins and outs of Sydney Olympic then you could ever dream of, my brother was at the club for over 10 years from youth level all the way up to the NSL and believe me I saw many a brown paper bag exchanged at training from fathers of players to the coaches in order to get their sons in the team ahead of more talented and more deserving players. Maybe, just maybe that is why Olympic were never taken seriously.

On the crowds issue, yeah Olympic averaged 7500, pull the other one. They struggled to get 1500 into St George stadium and were lucky to get 2000 when they played at Belmore.

Again you have no Idea when talking about APIA, Their collapse was due to the collapse of their social club and then ineptitude of one Tony Reciti, but keep drumming on with your radical theories we all believe you.

So tell me, what is it about Italian's that you dislike so much?

I am guessing it is little brother syndrome, must be hard to live in the shadow of a European super power, keep digging away, one day Greece might catch up.

GATE7

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think your commment of Olympic struggling to get 1500 into St. George stadium loses any credibility you may have had. Youre full of shhit. The facts are there....

Did yuu say Little briother sydndome?....lol please...... this coming from mussolini's child?

Little brother gave big brother a lesson in WW2, never forget that 9 too bad you couldnt get ring ins in your army)....but shhhhhhhhhh you may find some excuse for this too....thats right your soldiers came onto our land with guitars rather than machine guns ( Ive heard taht one...lol)

And to answer your question what Ii hate about Italian....its their shonkyness not only in soiciety but also on the sporting field. Corruption corruption corruption.

Hey I have an idea, why dont you improve youre Rigby team by naturalizing more former Kangaroos other than Craig Gower......shonks ...sorry i forgot Gowers granmother was Italian and g owers grandfather enjoyed eating pasta...lol

There are some things i like Italian ...their cars and their women and thank god ive driven both, ...... much more of the latter though and much more cheaper......

Enjoy your teams world cup success...all of them were achieved honourably and in the spirit of the game.....pffft..

Ciao Bello

Greeks are proud race, we dont look up to anyone let alone the faggy Italians .

Ryde Bulldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think your commment of Olympic struggling to get 1500 into St. George stadium loses any credibility you may have had. Youre full of shhit. The facts are there....

Did yuu say Little briother sydndome?....lol please...... this coming from mussolini's child?

Little brother gave big brother a lesson in WW2, never forget that 9 too bad you couldnt get ring ins in your army)....but shhhhhhhhhh you may find some excuse for this too....thats right your soldiers came onto our land with guitars rather than machine guns ( Ive heard taht one...lol)

And to answer your question what Ii hate about Italian....its their shonkyness not only in soiciety but also on the sporting field. Corruption corruption corruption.

Hey I have an idea, why dont you improve youre Rigby team by naturalizing more former Kangaroos other than Craig Gower......shonks ...sorry i forgot Gowers granmother was Italian and g owers grandfather enjoyed eating pasta...lol

There are some things i like Italian ...their cars and their women and thank god ive driven both, ...... much more of the latter though and much more cheaper......

Enjoy your teams world cup success...all of them were achieved honourably and in the spirit of the game.....pffft..

Ciao Bello

Greeks are proud race, we dont look up to anyone let alone the faggy Italians .
LOL again avoiding the facts, so I guess since you hate the Italians because of the shokiness in their society and sporting teams then you must hate your very own Olympiakos who were exposed for the cheats that they are in the article I posted. Good work.

You are clutching at straws, you know nothing, even the wallabies and the all blacks import players for their rugby teams, are they any less of a rugby nation?
Or how about the Kangaroos with the likes of Tonie Carrol, big Petero e.t.c

You have no credibility and no idea what so ever.

Oh and just for your information some of my very best friends are Greek, I have no problems with Greeks what so ever, you took a tongue in cheek comment I made to a mate who just happens to be Greek and turned it into a bitter ***** fest about Italy.

Jealous much?

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.