Soccer FIFA Womens World Cup

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
was never a penalty
Agree. Yes contact, but it was all because the Swede in normal running motion had her foot lifted which connected with the defenders boot causing her to lose balance and as they were jostling she lost balance into the Swede.

Refs in this tournament have been fairly lenient with bookings, this one warned the Swedish players next push etc will be dealt with in a firmer manner but they still continued.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Agree. Yes contact, but it was all because the Swede in normal running motion had her foot lifted which connected with the defenders boot causing her to lose balance and as they were jostling she lost balance into the Swede.

Refs in this tournament have been fairly lenient with bookings, this one warned the Swedish players next push etc will be dealt with in a firmer manner but they still continued.
im surprised they didn't give the Swedish player a yellow for the 2 hand push on gorry in the first half.
some real ordinary decisions but we didnt deserve anything from tonight's game

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Well done..a great tournament by the Matildas.. win lose or draw did themselves and Australia proud., great stuff!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
im surprised they didn't give the Swedish player a yellow for the 2 hand push on gorry in the first half.
some real ordinary decisions but we didnt deserve anything from tonight's game
Agree. To further inflame the situation that player who wore the Captain's armband mouthed off and pushed her again when they got up. Gorry was not happy. Ref did nothing.
Just hate the propensity of sides from Europe etc. who lie down and carry on like they have been shot. Poor form..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well done..a great tournament by the Matildas.. win lose or draw did themselves and Australia proud., great stuff!
Agree Mr 95%. We did well and I think in the end we simply ran out of steam. The extra time and the penalty shootout leading into the England game would have been physically and mentally draining then a shorter turnaround for this game. Gorry was goooone.....

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree Mr 95%. We did well and I think in the end we simply ran out of steam. The extra time and the penalty shootout leading into the England game would have been physically and mentally draining then a shorter turnaround for this game. Gorry was goooone.....
The France game was our grand final. They weren’t the same team after that. They had so much pressure on them from all of Australia, but were just too tired and flat after that game. Not the result we all wanted but what a great tournament by the girls. Absolute legends

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair, both England and Sweden looked alot better than us. Even France looked better in large parts of the game.

Still, a great performance by the girls to get to the penultimate game. They won over many new fans who will be eager to keep an eye on their future games.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be fair, both England and Sweden looked alot better than us. Even France looked better in large parts of the game.
USA thought they just had to turn up & they would win their games.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
USA thought they just had to turn up & they would win their games.
I think their early exit made the tournament more interesting. I like seeing unexpected and different teams do well in these types of comps.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think their early exit made the tournament more interesting. I like seeing unexpected and different teams do well in these types of comps.
Same.

At least with the final four, one of the teams will win the world cup for the first time.

Bulldog Wrestler

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Glad we didn't make the Final now, Spain would have carved us up, by the look of this, so far.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Horrible penalty, keeper moved well before she hit it and she passed it straight to her.