Fergo: Yes or No?

Do you want Blake Ferguson at the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 63 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 79 53.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natboy

Just like with any religion, there are practicing muslims and non practicing. Each to their own no matter what path they chose to follow. They will be the ones standing infront of their creator on judgement day. I have learnt never to judge and to mind my business nowadays as much as possible... Way less headaches and less conflict.
True mate but why announce to the world to be practicing when you're not

GeneralLee01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't want trouble makers at Belmore thanks, we have had our fair share of em. Don't care how much talent they have. Steer clear of trouble makers from now on.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If we sign this wanker, there will be 4 less members next year......My family and I will not be paying money to watch that arrogant prick run around in OUR colours........F##kin ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't let the door...

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't care if the devil played with us as long as we can win the comp.

N

Natboy

Don't care if the devil played with us as long as we can win the comp.
Mate could win 10 comps in a row & you'd still be negative about it

In relation to Ferguson, there's a lot more to a footy club than trophies & some people need to learnt that

Doggy Styles

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mate could win 10 comps in a row & you'd still be negative about it

In relation to Ferguson, there's a lot more to a footy club than trophies & some people need to learnt that
I think we should chase him.. It's about time he turns good.. I think the jail threat will do him good!! Especially since we have all seen that Newcastle grub get 2 years!!

I agree that there is more to clubs than triplets but at the end of the day it's about winning games n comps

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fergo will be playing for Silverwater United. Precedent is set with Russell Packer, and to be honest the reasons that came out in the media that Fergo gave, are beyond laughable.

He's going to prison guys, it's just a question of how long.

and therefore, even discussing him as a Bulldogs player is null and void.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fergo will be playing for Silverwater United. Precedent is set with Russell Packer, and to be honest the reasons that came out in the media that Fergo gave, are beyond laughable.

He's going to prison guys, it's just a question of how long.

and therefore, even discussing him as a Bulldogs player is null and void.
The fact that he is a huge f$(k up as a human means that discussing him as a bulldog player is null and void.

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
How on earth is there a precedent set with packer in relation to ferguson? You do know what precedent means don't you? Precedent pertains to the same offence being committed, not just any illegal behaviour.
I think maybe what Mr I means that a precedent is set as far as professional footballers comitting crimes and getting off with bullshit excuses,...... ADHD, dropped on head as a baby etc.
The judicial system is finally hearing what all the public, not only sporting but everyone as a whole is fed up with the morons.
They had to send a message and they have, and hopefully continue to do so.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How on earth is there a precedent set with packer in relation to ferguson? You do know what precedent means don't you? Precedent pertains to the same offence being committed, not just any illegal behaviour.
As CBDog explained, "precedent" as a non legal term means "any act, decision, or case that serves as a guide or justification for subsequent situations."

In the case of Packer the judge sentenced him for 2 years fixed term without parole, so a "decision" has been made, which can "serve as a guide" for the sentencing of Fergo, when/if found guilty.

In other words I would expect a judge (if Fergo is found guilty) to come down on him pretty hard.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dont think that the newcastle player being jailed makes any difference to Fergos case. Completely different types of offence, regardless of whether they are both footy players or not.

I think the judge will not want to set a bad precedent with Fergo. If he lets Fergo off with a slap on the wrist, it would be saying its ok to walk up and grab random stranger's genitals. Best case for fergo is he doesnt see jail but the NRL will be under huge pressure to keep him out of the game at least for a few years till it blows over.

Talking about Fergo joining ANY club is therefore null and void. Im only talking about it coz its offseason and im bored.

My guess is he never plays NRL again. I see him going the way of his cousin Mundine, and turning to boxing. People expect boxers to be fwits, they have been hit around the head a lot.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't let the door...
Wrong attitude. Gutty's reaction wouldn't be an isolated one, and potential sponsors may also have the same thoughts. It is the exact reason teams these days try to steer away from these types of players where possible. Your solution would make for bad business, and like it or not, Rugby League is a business. All I can say is thank god you don't run the joint.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Wrong attitude. Gutty's reaction wouldn't be an isolated one, and potential sponsors may also have the same thoughts. It is the exact reason teams these days try to steer away from these types of players where possible. Your solution would make for bad business, and like it or not, Rugby League is a business. All I can say is thank god you don't run the joint.
See you later.

Having a team of average angels got us no where.

We need to win comps to secure our future. The good times with pokies will not last forever.

NRL is a terrible product, barely a sport and will never attract the top echelon of society. The corporate dollar will come via exposure only. In order to get exposure you need to be the leading powerhouse. We can learn a lot from the Broncos and Roosters.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
See you later.

Having a team of average angels got us no where.

We need to win comps to secure our future. The good times with pokies will not last forever.

NRL is a terrible product, barely a sport and will never attract the top echelon of society. The corporate dollar will come via exposure only. In order to get exposure you need to be the leading powerhouse. We can learn a lot from the Broncos and Roosters.
See you later?? Why, are you going somewhere?

We need to win comps to secure our future?? Cant say I agree. We do need to stay competitive though, and we can do that without signing criminals believe it or not.

If you feel that way about NRL, then why in gods name do you watch it, yet alone feel passion enough about it to contribute to a team forum?

Brisbane last year were crap, I wouldnt call them a powerhouse. They are also in the unique situation where they are the only team for that major Australian city.
The roosters were crap for years until they basically bought a premiership last year. And I dont recall any of their purchased players being done for sexual assault either...

Status
Not open for further replies.