Female footballers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just wondering.

Say there was a female that was good enough (in terms of skill) to make the NRL (any grade), would they be allowed to play? Or are there restrictions on the sport being male only?

Q-Tip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure its only male. But raising this issue what if we had someone like that Semenya - a haemophrodite wanting to play or say a transexual?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That is another interesting thing..

From reading the "very" limited rulebook available, there doesn't seem to be any stipulation on sex allowed to play the game.

Though from a health perspective probably getting tackled (read: hit hard) in the breasts continually wouldn't be a good (safe) thing for females.

I know there are fairly big (maybe even national) female touch rugby league teams, but I haven't even seen a female league player in the lower ranking comps.

S

Shermy

Girls are only allowed to play up until 11 or 12s with boys arent they ? So there would no real room for the development of them. I do remember a few girls matches over the years before Origin or something. I remember 9 making mention of it on the footy show or something.

mareeta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I played until I was 10 years old then they send you to the all girls comps if you wanted to continue playing. The rules may have changed now it was along time ago.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Ahhh okay ... interesting...

Maybe the NRL should view to creating (and promoting) a female only touch competition at an NRL style level (to be played on game day).

It'd give much more recognition to women in league, and only help to promote the game.

G

Gladiator.

Maybe the NRL should view to creating (and promoting) a female only touch competition at an NRL style level (to be played on game day).

It'd give much more recognition to women in league, and only help to promote the game.
stop talking sense the NRL doesnt like sensible suggestions

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Women's rugby league is brutal

Some of the hits I saw were terrible, they got poleaxed

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get real Would they allow men to play in the womans league? No... Equal rules apply

Woman play profession football in america - lingerie football http://www.lflus.com/

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Why touch? If females can play union I'm sure they can play league, there just isn't enough interest in it.

P

Paint.

tbh, they're tougher than the men. They don't wear shoulder pads, etc

Bulldog_Loz

New Pup
Reaction score
I'm 21 and i play womens league in the illawarra...once u hit 12 u can't really play again til ur about 16 i think...and its all girls altho some of them can definately pass as blokes

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its got nothing to do with skill... its got to do with strength.

It would take an absolute beast of a woman to cut it with the NRL players without getting smashed to powder...

[DoGgIeS FaN]

jesusfreak.
Reaction score
Just wondering.

Say there was a female that was good enough (in terms of skill) to make the NRL (any grade), would they be allowed to play? Or are there restrictions on the sport being male only?
There is no way a female would be allowed to play in the NRL, but they have there own womens league to avoid this problem.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Emilie Mauresmo (the french tennis player) would be good in the forwards or 2nd row, or even serena williams would give the smaller players, a run for their money. williams would be the female version of wendall sailor :D

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
[DoGgIeS FaN];2272874 said:
There is no way a female would be allowed to play in the NRL, but they have there own womens league to avoid this problem.
"some" of the tongan, somaon, and polynesian females would go hard against the men, i'd hate to come home to that each night

Status
Not open for further replies.