Feel good News Article - Mahoney

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing story. It's human nature to have doubts if you've joined a club that is struggling so badly.. Especially if you've come from clubs that make the top four or win comps every year. But Mahoney and Kikau are both committed long term and the only way to change things is hard work and everyone coming together and building that trust as a team.
Of course 100% wouldn't take this to heart nor personal.
I would have felt and thought the same.
People saying red flags etc are just to literal.

Bluboi

Waterboy
Reaction score
Its been proven beyond doubt that I was right about that but this isnt a luai thread this is a mahoney captaincy thread. Stay on topic stop derailing
Proven that you aren’t really a Bulldogs fan and an absolute joke??

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Admitting these things publicly is a sign of weakness and lack of maturity and is unheard of from a club captain (if not, pls show me proof of other examples). Our former greats would be disgusted wit these comments from our extremely prilvilged current captain
I have to admit i wasn't happy with the comments, and not for the first-time concerning Reed.

To ramble on with some of that stuff was fucking ridiculous.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to admit i wasn't happy with the comments, and not for the first-time concerning Reed.

To ramble on with some of that stuff was fucking ridiculous.
Well said mate ur the most balanced member of this forum and u should be commended for that

. I cant think of any club captain whos ever come out publicly to say hes regretted his decision to be at the club at the same time that hes still captain of the club. Totally unprofessional, immature and weak

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said mate ur the most balanced member of this forum and u should be commended for that

. I cant think of any club captain whos ever come out publicly to say hes regretted his decision to be at the club at the same time that hes still captain of the club. Totally unprofessional, immature and weak
Show me where he says "I regret coming to the bulldogs"..

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

lol, and this is why at 3.00pm on a Thursday afternoon you are on a public forum site spruiking up your untapped football credentials, and those with real credentials and ability are out in football-land living their dream.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foxsports eh...

This reads a lot like a rehash of a similar story from last year, at around this same time.

Having a look in that article he says something very similar. It looks like the "journalist" from Fox sports has asked him if he ever had any regrets, and he's said the same thing he did before, but the "journalist" has written it to make it sound like he was referring to the midst of the 2023 season. He isn't, he is talking about the midst of the 2022 season.
100% rehashed

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Neither can any of us. As it wasn’t actually said it’s probably just all that dribble oozing between your ears.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have no issue with him mentioning his form dipped, that he could play better and make better decisions. I was concerned with the statement that he and Kikau and other big signings regret not going to a better team. The implication is that the only reason they came to us was the large sum of cash we paid. I mean you had to know the team wasn’t going to be great for years when you signed up, so why was it such a surprise when we struggled. That state of mind is worrisome because we needed Reed to be an Alan Border style leader but we got a church mouse instead.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We got robbed in a lot of games last year. Most don't want to admit as it doesn't involve bashing Gus, the roster, board, coaching staff, or they just don't want to sound "biased."
Every single week there were ripped off threads and posts on here during the season. It’s the most annoying part of this forum.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every single week there were ripped off threads and posts on here during the season. It’s the most annoying part of this forum.
was only a few games last year we got a few dud calls against us which cost us games.

but we can't keep using that excuse each week

Dyldog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He went
Couldn’t believe I was reading it tbh. Not something to boost confidence in your beaten down fan base. Andrew Ryan (hated at the time by many on here) wouldn’t have spoken like this
Supporters with common sense who read the whole article would see where he’s coming from considering he played in a grand final the year before and be encouraged by the positive words he said about the other players and coaches and building brick by brick.

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have no issue with him mentioning his form dipped, that he could play better and make better decisions. I was concerned with the statement that he and Kikau and other big signings regret not going to a better team. The implication is that the only reason they came to us was the large sum of cash we paid. I mean you had to know the team wasn’t going to be great for years when you signed up, so why was it such a surprise when we struggled. That state of mind is worrisome because we needed Reed to be an Alan Border style leader but we got a church mouse instead.
Mahoney and Kikau came from strong teams, with an initial belief they could have a big impact single-handedly… and when that didn’t happen as they may have thought it would, the self-doubt creeps in… no surprise there, and 2023 ends up as a disappointing season… but at least Mahoney recognises it, admits it, and we’ll see if he grows stronger because of it… he might, he might not, but it’s a strong sign of character that he isn’t afraid to call it as it is.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Did you not read the article?… “Meanwhile, players like Boyd Cordner and Paul Gallen led with their actions over their words in premierships victories for the Roosters and Sharks respectively.”… the comparison with Boyd was made because he was a warrior on the field, yet is as venerable as anyone else off it… it’s called a juxtaposition, and was highlighted because Dreaming actually asked for an example… does this not make sense?
I didn't really infer that meaning. I think that par was just talking about strong leaders....which is why is it also mentioned Cam Smith and Gallen.

Anyway, the point stands - if we're going to call out some posters for calling certain players weak, why not all posters? Also, I think it's important to play the ball (ie what you think is wrong with the comment) rather than the humanoid who is carrying it.

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I didn't really infer that meaning. I think that par was just talking about strong leaders....which is why is it also mentioned Cam Smith and Gallen.

Anyway, the point stands - if we're going to call out some posters for calling certain players weak, why not all posters? Also, I think it's important to play the ball (ie what you think is wrong with the comment) rather than the humanoid who is carrying it.
Agree, anyone who calls out a player for being weak ( as in showing perceived mental inadequacy) should be called out, 100%… which is what my comment was targeting, calling Mahoney weak for vocalising his doubts and struggles… it is such a pathetic comment to make, made from the safety behind a keyboard, by those who have zero pubic profile exposure.