Favourite Bulldogs Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Being heavily bored at work - And CBB using the search function (Not even sure if there is a thread).. What is your favourite Bulldogs play or moment?

E.g. - Grimaldis strip on ***** for a try, Pattens length of the field try V Manly whilst O Meley is copping 6 punches from a Sea Eagles prop, or even Shreks annihilation of Bryce Gibbs?

Or more recent ones like Josh Morris' length of the field try, Barbas milimetre try against Parra..

The list is massive.

Whats yours?

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
Man, so many. O'Meley vs Gibbs was awesome of course. Craig Polla-Mounter's almost field goal in the 1998 preliminary final, just half a metre off being arguably the greatest play of all time. Patten's match-saving tackle vs Manly in his final game. And Hazem's match-winning try in the 2004 GF almost goes without saying.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
probably the moment in which I knew we would win the grand final in 2004..,,When Ryan tackled Crocker, and he knocked it on...

Also El Masri's sideline conversion after the siren to win the game against Newcastle is up there

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the gillies try to put the icing on the cake in the 95 preliminary final

doggie-style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
2006 was one of my favourite seasons even though it ended with disappointment

SBW scores on the siren from a luke patten bust the happiness the players had after he scored just shows how much passion they had back then these days everyone is there for the pay cheque and look bored

O'meleys try in extra time after ben roberts stepped a few warriors players was great

El masri getting 4 tries against the tigers same game o'meley raped bryce gibbs

BM-dog

Tough person
Reaction score
Round 3 2010 vs the chooks, I could watch that vid of Martin Kennedy knocking the ball on with his head and JMoz strolling over for a hattrick all day and not get bored

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pattens try-saving and match savings tackles in 2 separate games. One against the Knights in 2005 the other against Melbourne last year

Pattens length of the field try against a winless Rabbitohs in 06 to turn the game around

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being heavily bored at work - And CBB using the search function (Not even sure if there is a thread).. What is your favourite Bulldogs play or moment?

E.g. - Grimaldis strip on ***** for a try, Pattens length of the field try V Manly whilst O Meley is copping 6 punches from a Sea Eagles prop, or even Shreks annihilation of Bryce Gibbs?

Or more recent ones like Josh Morris' length of the field try, Barbas milimetre try against Parra..

The list is massive.

Whats yours?
Corey Payne and Jarryd Hayne Going At It Would Be One of Them.
So would Ben Barba Freakist Try Against Parramatta.
Andrew Ryan's tackle on Michael Crocker in 04 Grandfinal for me is up there as well with 30 seconds left on the clock.

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Was going to mention Grimmers Strip just because that moment and that game could teach our current crop a thing or two. **** season, **** injuries, expected to lose and we won! I think even grimmers was shocked at that strip :P

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
A good one is when our 2012 coach kicked a field goal from about 51 metres out against the bunnies

purpleskittles

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Luke Patten bungling trent salkeld out into touch in the dying minutes of a game against newie which he was certain to score a try.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robert Relf flick pass that lead to Silva's try in 98 preliminary final against parra. I was only 8 at the time but still stands out in the memory bank. Also a little bias because I was on TV right after he scored :p

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Favourite moment(s): Victory over Penrith in the 2004 semi final. It had everything: Corey Hughes making line breaks and kicking 40/20s. Reni Maitua's try. SBW's hit.

Worst moment(s): Corey Hughes kicking the ball from dummy half out on the full (numerous occasions between 2004-2008), 2006 overtime loss to the Storm, losing to the Broncos in the semis, all of 2008, 2009 loss to Parra, 2010, and the present.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Payne doing what I wanted to do for years and giving that cnt rash what he deserves. If only he stomped on his head 80 times.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Luke Patten bungling trent salkeld out into touch in the dying minutes of a game against newie which he was certain to score a try.
Poor bloke. had to retire cause he had a kidney disease.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That 2004 Penrith Semi was THE best game I have ever been to. And I've been to the GF...

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 5 minutes between Jamal scoring and the try being disallowed against St George in 09 is up there for me, must have done 5 laps of the hill screaming in rapture before we were robbed lol, but how do you go past the final against Parra in 98.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That time Idriss bled for us.....truly epic

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That 2004 Penrith Semi was THE best game I have ever been to. And I've been to the GF...
Yep...by far the best game for me as well...

just reminded me how good Maitua was back then...

Status
Not open for further replies.