Fastest car under $80k brand new or near new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Drove a BMW 228i on the weekend as my missus is about to buy one, I was really impressed. It's not 'fast' by my standards, but it's quick enough for her, gets up and goes great for a little turbo 4, handles well, looks really good too
Yeah it's not quick enough for me either lol. I need a car that does sub 4.5sec 0-100km

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it's not quick enough for me either lol. I need a car that does sub 4.5sec 0-100km
Best value car in your budget is a VW Golf R Mark VII. Get a 2014/2015 model. Get a performance cat back exhaust, cold air intake and stage 1 tune. Will cost you around $4-5k in mods. But will be under 4.5 sec.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Best value car in your budget is a VW Golf R Mark VII. Get a 2014/2015 model. Get a performance cat back exhaust, cold air intake and stage 1 tune. Will cost you around $4-5k in mods. But will be under 4.5 sec.
Yeah but my brother has one lol.
You know you can get a walkinshaw package on the ss that produces 500kw buttttt it only does like 4.7 0-100km like what's the fkn point. I think it's Coz they don't change suspension, tires, breaks anything. A 500kw should have no issues doing mid 3 seconds 0-100km don't you think?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Just get a car that can be tunned,most new cars can be tuned and make as much power as you want .

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
You're driving an s2k....anything these days around 5sec will feel 'fast'...and you won't need to rev the **** out of it due to the pathetic torque they make lol (don't get me wrong, I love s2000's, my parents still have theirs they bought new, it's a fun car)

Your best bet dude is to go and drive a bunch of cars, see what YOU like. It's all well and good for a bunch of people on a forum to tell what they think...but we don't know what you want/like besides 'fast under 80k' lol

I've had new euro, old aussie, new aussie, old American, new jap...I still don't know what I like lol

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Yeah but my brother has one lol.
You know you can get a walkinshaw package on the ss that produces 500kw buttttt it only does like 4.7 0-100km like what's the fkn point. I think it's Coz they don't change suspension, tires, breaks anything. A 500kw should have no issues doing mid 3 seconds 0-100km don't you think?
Nobody really cares about 0-100 in a commodore lol, it's all about the quarter ;)

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're driving an s2k....anything these days around 5sec will feel 'fast'...and you won't need to rev the **** out of it due to the pathetic torque they make lol (don't get me wrong, I love s2000's, my parents still have theirs they bought new, it's a fun car)

Your best bet dude is to go and drive a bunch of cars, see what YOU like. It's all well and good for a bunch of people on a forum to tell what they think...but we don't know what you want/like besides 'fast under 80k' lol

I've had new euro, old aussie, new aussie, old American, new jap...I still don't know what I like lol
Hey the s2k does high 5's depending on driver bro and a great track car lol. Which is why I need a car that does low 4's. The s2k was my first car I got it on my p's it's been 6 years now so I think it's time to say bye.
My dad had a g6e turbo for a while they did low to mid 5's they were fast but still not fast enough for me lol.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nobody really cares about 0-100 in a commodore lol, it's all about the quarter ;)
Bro you need a good 0-100 for a quarter mile and they still had shit quarter mile times I think somewhere in the 12's that's pretty shit considering the power. Too much power with no adjustments to suspension, tired and all that and body is a waste

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Bro you need a good 0-100 for a quarter mile and they still had shit quarter mile times I think somewhere in the 12's that's pretty shit considering the power. Too much power with no adjustments to suspension, tired and all that and body is a waste
When you have a proper fast car, you don't car at all about 0-100 ;) It's about the 60ft time, ET and mph ;)

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1. Buy a Ford FG XR6T and take it for a trip to Horsepower Factory for a Venom Stage 5 kit. Should see 525kw+ @ the engine, and 420+kw at the wheels.
2. Buy a Holden LSA and take it to HPF for the Harrop Stage 4 kit. Should see around 570kw+ / 1000nm+ at the fly, and over 400kw at the wheels.
3. Buy an A45 AMG and get the Stage 1.5 Willall Racing kit. Should see it jump from 265kw/450nm to ~335kw/610nm.

Again though it depends by what speed metric you want it to be fastest. Fastest off the line, over the 1/4 mile, or in top end.

Off the line, you can have one of the quickest street legal cars out there, but if a Tesla P50D happens to roll alongside you and has Ludicrous mode enabled, you are getting eaten alive.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think I found the 2 cars I want. Bmw m2 or the new merc c43 amg.
If not them then a mustang gt nice v8

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nobody really cares about quarters nowadays. Except a couple of redneck yobs and lebo "tuning houses".
Nothing beats the feeling of stringing endless corners together. Braking late, clipping the apex of each one before feeding in the throttle as early as you dare.
Heaven, on a good road.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I found the 2 cars I want. Bmw m2 or the new merc c43 amg.
If not them then a mustang gt nice v8
I would buy the new M2 before the C43. The reviews on the M2 are great. The waiting list on the M2 is now out till March 2017. I've got a contact at BMW that can get one for October delivery. Can still choose colour and options. If ur keen i can connect you with him.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would buy the new M2 before the C43. The reviews on the M2 are great. The waiting list on the M2 is now out till March 2017. I've got a contact at BMW that can get one for October delivery. Can still choose colour and options. If ur keen i can connect you with him.
The one thing holding me back from a hundred percent wanting the m2 is the interior. It's really not the greatest especially for the money you're paying. The cla 45 ang has much better quality interior so to the c43 but I think the m2 eats them both on the track

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one thing holding me back from a hundred percent wanting the m2 is the interior. It's really not the greatest especially for the money you're paying. The cla 45 ang has much better quality interior so to the c43 but I think the m2 eats them both on the track
CLA45 is not a real AMG. And neither is the C43. The C63 is the real deal. The M2 is a great car. It's a no brainer. PM me if ur keen on one. Will see if dealer still has the allocation.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
CLA45 is not a real AMG. And neither is the C43. The C63 is the real deal. The M2 is a great car. It's a no brainer. PM me if ur keen on one. Will see if dealer still has the allocation.
Hahahaha my brother tells me that as well about the cla lol I'm like why be a hater but I guess you're right an amg isn't amg unless it's a v8 or greater.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Nobody really cares about quarters nowadays. Except a couple of redneck yobs and lebo "tuning houses".
Nothing beats the feeling of stringing endless corners together. Braking late, clipping the apex of each one before feeding in the throttle as early as you dare.
Heaven, on a good road.
Horses for courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.