Fastest car under $80k brand new or near new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mate just bought a "new" golf R. Took it for a detail and found out it had been crashed, repaired and sold as new. The dealership deny it, so now he's gotta go through the accc.
That's not as uncommon as you may think. A lot of new cars get damaged in transit and then repaired before customer delivery. You should always get your car inspected, even when buying brand new.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At their prices they better know how to haha!

What colour is your coupe and what sorta look are you going for on it?
Lol ur not wrong.

Diamond white (pearl) with black wheels. Black interior with the carbon fibre trim inserts.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's not as uncommon as you may think. A lot of new cars get damaged in transit and then repaired before customer delivery. You should always get your car inspected, even when buying brand new.
He's fucken spewin, hard.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
My mate just bought a "new" golf R. Took it for a detail and found out it had been crashed, repaired and sold as new. The dealership deny it, so now he's gotta go through the accc.
That's outrageous.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So what is the fastest car under $80k guys? Does anyone know?????

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah the M2 is a great car. Was thinking of getting one but decided the C63 coupe. The 1M and the Golf R are both great cars. If ur keen on a Golf R you can PM me.
When am I test driving your C63?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't buy the new Mustang. Terrible build quality. Americans build the worst cars. For under $80k I would buy a 2011/2012 BMW 1M. German engineered and drive fantastic

I've got a new Golf R that I will be selling when my new C63 coupe arrives in October. If ur keen I will do you a deal :grinning:
Will you trade your Golf R for a 2003 Mirage? Lol

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would have to be a HSV wouldn't it?
Can you grab a 2015 gts for under $80k if so it would def be close to the quickest plus you got a sexy v8 under that hood. Only issue is bro after like 3 years holdens look outdated and cheap to me. I really want a mustang shelby gt350 they sound fkn amazing and rev all the way to 8200rpm so I'll feel right at home coming off a 9000rpm vtec

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Probably a Lotus haha

Can you grab a 2015 gts for under $80k if so it would def be close to the quickest plus you got a sexy v8 under that hood. Only issue is bro after like 3 years holdens look outdated and cheap to me. I really want a mustang shelby gt350 they sound fkn amazing and rev all the way to 8200rpm so I'll feel right at home coming off a 9000rpm vtec
The GTS isn't bad honestly with its blown LSA but they go down in price a lot plus the luxury like a Euro car isn't there for its price.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
How long is a piece of string??

Fastest to 40kph?
Fastest to 60kph?
Fastest top end speed limit?
Fastest through a maccas drivethrough?

Fastest off the line would probably be the AMG A45.. stupidly quick cars.

This would probably flog anything litsed here though to date: http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/p/1/cid/538/prid/4/id/15317

and of course your other option is something like an XR6 Turbo, and having it chipped.

Last edited:

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
(523RWKW) VE R8 CLUBSPORT (702RWHP),
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/live...ampaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

Would demolish nearly everything on the road
Ever driven a boosted 1000hp LS based car on the road? They're fucking useless. My mates manual 1000hp ute was a fucking dyno queen, had to dial it back to 700 to be able to do anything on the street and even then it was shit. Mine made touch over 600 at the rears through a t400/9" and would blow the tyres off it at 100kmh in top gear lol.

As for the original question: It all depends on what you want the car to do...personally I'd probs buy a second hand c63 but you'd be looking at a 2010ish model for that coin or maybe a 2010-12ish M series BM. Anything new-ish and considered 'performance' will feel fast compared to an s2k. They're fucking slow lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ever driven a boosted 1000hp LS based car on the road? They're fucking useless. My mates manual 1000hp ute was a fucking dyno queen, had to dial it back to 700 to be able to do anything on the street and even then it was shit. Mine made touch over 600 at the rears through a t400/9" and would blow the tyres off it at 100kmh in top gear lol.

As for the original question: It all depends on what you want the car to do...personally I'd probs buy a second hand c63 but you'd be looking at a 2010ish model for that coin or maybe a 2010-12ish M series BM. Anything new-ish and considered 'performance' will feel fast compared to an s2k. They're fucking slow lol
God damn, I thought there was no such thing as too much power lol

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
God damn, I thought there was no such thing as too much power lol
No such thing as too much power...but it's all about getting it to the ground ;) There's a bloke down here racing every **** in his GTR...nothing special, makes high 300s at all 4...but he's willing to launch it at 9k and it hooks up ;) That's brutal...he wins a lot, but it's a timebomb haha.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No such thing as too much power...but it's all about getting it to the ground ;) There's a bloke down here racing every **** in his GTR...nothing special, makes high 300s at all 4...but he's willing to launch it at 9k and it hooks up ;) That's brutal...he wins a lot, but it's a timebomb haha.
Interesting times ahead for him if he has the car dealer serviced. The ECUs in those GTRs log EVERYTHING, and if the dealership finds out the car is driven hard or raced, bye bye factory warranty at all dealerships.

It's true though, traction is the biggest issue.

Theres good reason why top fuelers have massive arse tyres on them, or Doorslammers are tubbed to the shithouse.. it's all about getting as much of that 6000hp to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.