Fashion trends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Back in high school, i wasnt exactly the most trendy bloke walking around. I wore cheap flanellets, a pair of $30 Cons. Chuck Taylors, ripped denim jeans and band shirts e.g AC/DC, Ramones e.t.c. I got ridiculed and teased for it. (no im not a yobbo, LOL)

Fast forward 12-15 years:
Flanellets, ive noticed are becoming more and more accepted as a garment for going out to clubs/pubs.

A pair of Cons. cost around $70-$80. Not just a cheap pair of gym boots anymore.

Designer labels now pre-rip some of their jeans because its deemed as fashion. And have the audacity to charge $120 for a pair.

AC/DC shirts are now being sold in designer stores that have nothing to do with bands and the pub rock scene. They also are being priced way too high.

Its amazing how fashion trends have changed over the years. Is there anything you used to wear that is now a fashion accessory/trend?

G

Gladiator.

and half the poeple that buy those shirts know nothing of the band.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Back in high school, i wasnt exactly the most trendy bloke walking around. I wore cheap flanellets, a pair of $30 Cons. Chuck Taylors, ripped denim jeans and band shirts e.g AC/DC, Ramones e.t.c. I got ridiculed and teased for it. (no im not a yobbo, LOL)

Fast forward 12-15 years:
Flanellets, ive noticed are becoming more and more accepted as a garment for going out to clubs/pubs.

A pair of Cons. cost around $70-$80. Not just a cheap pair of gym boots anymore.

Designer labels now pre-rip some of their jeans because its deemed as fashion. And have the audacity to charge $120 for a pair.

AC/DC shirts are now being sold in designer stores that have nothing to do with bands and the pub rock scene. They also are being priced way too high.

Its amazing how fashion trends have changed over the years. Is there anything you used to wear that is now a fashion accessory/trend?
tell me about it

I was like the only guy still wearing flanno and now its become like womens fashion

I ****ing hate it
you have all these people wearing rock clothing as if its a trendy fashion

to the guys just stick to buying man bags and holding hands with your boyfriend

to the women just dont bother, why pay $80 for a flanno when you can pay $15 at lowes?

its the same material

M

MikeyP..

Well SOME of the current trrends amongst teens, are:
Rabens
Nike Tn's
Nike Dri Fits
Bleached hair
Mohawks/mullets
Country Road bags
bumbags
(fake) Bape hoodies (the monkey jumpers)

G

Gladiator.

Rabens
Nike Tn's
Nike Dri Fits
Bleached hair
Mohawks/mullets
Country Road bags
bumbags
all that are bolded i dont associate with, the bumbags good because i can keep all my stuff in there.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rabens
Nike Tn's
Nike Dri Fits
Bleached hair
Mohawks/mullets
Country Road bags
bumbags
Oh lord the bape hoodies...no longer a black gangsta thing, all the bogan white lowie girls are wearing them now!

Only trend i would go for is the country road bags because they are so damn convenient.

And i have rabens...purely for comfort though, i was forced to buy them! lol

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Rabens
Nike Tn's
Nike Dri Fits
Bleached hair
Mohawks/mullets
Country Road bags
bumbags
Done the ones in bold lol

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
tell me about it

I was like the only guy still wearing flanno and now its become like womens fashion

I ****ing hate it
you have all these people wearing rock clothing as if its a trendy fashion

to the guys just stick to buying man bags and holding hands with your boyfriend

to the women just dont bother, why pay $80 for a flanno when you can pay $15 at lowes?

its the same material
I seriously dont get it. It doesnt even look attractive. The only reason i used to wear them was coz it was cheap and they were warm. Thats it! And yet i was the one being called a "westie". Pfft. Sheep.

M

MikeyP..

Rabens
Nike Tn's
Nike Dri Fits
Bleached hair
Mohawks/mullets
Country Road bags
bumbags

Edit** here are some more:
Skinny jeans (for men :o)
Flanno
Fluro

G

Gladiator.

Rabens
Nike Tn's
Nike Dri Fits
Bleached hair
Mohawks/mullets
Country Road bags
bumbags

Edit** here are some more:
Skinny jeans (for men :o)
Flanno
Fluro

oh god! skinny legs on guys, and whats worse is they wear fluro shirts with them and fluro rabens, ****ing homo's i tell you, i wouldnt mind slapping each one of those faggets back to newtown/ the city.

ffs and on another note, the ****ing city is taken over by these ****!

M

MikeyP..

Yet you didnt say hi *dirtys* lol

You always "think" you saw me..
Well there are HEAPS of other dudes that look like you (no offence lol). were you "in a rush" during half time or something when you left ur gate?

meh, ohh well..

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Well there are HEAPS of other dudes that look like you (no offence lol). were you "in a rush" during half time or something when you left ur gate?

meh, ohh well..
I dnt remember tbh - but yea lol

BTW - i reckon skinny legs arent too bad a fashion statement, actually look quite good. Depends which ones you are talking about of course and they MUST be worn very very carefully, or they can look faggy as hell

G

Gladiator.

I dnt remember tbh - but yea lol

BTW - i reckon skinny legs arent too bad a fashion statement, actually look quite good. Depends which ones you are talking about of course and they MUST be worn very very carefully, or they can look faggy as hell
they are gay, end of story rami, thats why hani wears them, so does mtp aka michael the poof

M

MrCharisma

and half the poeple that buy those shirts know nothing of the band.

That's the worst thing bro. I think my hatred for band shirts started when I started seeing kids wearing Kiss shirts. I'd talk to them at work and they couldn't tell me any song.

The Ramones, Bad Religion, The Doors, AC/DC, Metallica shirts shortly followed with the ill informed.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I seriously dont get it. It doesnt even look attractive. The only reason i used to wear them was coz it was cheap and they were warm. Thats it! And yet i was the one being called a "westie". Pfft. Sheep.
I can relate to this

I don't wear them to look cool I wear them because they are cheap and warm as you said

also if you **** a flanno it doesnt matter because they're so cheap

the last thing we need is a flock of sheep to decide to copy us because they can't think for themselves! in turn raising the price of our beloved crappy flannos

Status
Not open for further replies.