Official Farewell Utility Half

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL news: Adam Elliott secures one-year deal with Canberra Raiders
Former Bulldog Adam Elliott has been given a chance to continue his NRL career on a cut-price deal.

David RiccioDavid Riccio
Follow

@DaveRic1

13 min read
October 26, 2021 - 9:11PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

37 comments

FOXSPORTS4:35
How Bennett became Dolphins coach

NOW PLAYING
Resume

2:32
UP NEXT

• Tino talks bold Titans plans pre-2030
    1:10
    Cancel

• Raider Tom Starling arrested on NSW Central Coast
    0:29

• Raiders mainstay on the move
    0:54

NRL: FOX Sports reporter Josh Bristow explains how Wayne Bennett came to be the inaugural coach at expansion side, the Dolphins, on the day of his unveiling.

Adam Elliott has secured an NRL lifeline — a 12-month contract with the Canberra Raiders.
After a fortnight of meetings and character assessments from Raiders management, Elliott agreed to join the Green Machine.
The one-year contract, worth around $200,000, is a win for both parties with the hard-running backrower backing himself to earn an upgraded contract on the back of what he produces in 2022. Equally, the contract is low-risk for the Raiders.

Catch all the ICC T20 World Cup action live & exclusive to Fox Cricket, available on Kayo. New to Kayo? Start your free trial today >
Elliott had minor interest from the Wests Tigers, but felt the Raiders were a better fit.
The contract caps a tumultuous chapter in Elliott’s 101-game career, having reached a “mutual termination’’ with former club Canterbury last month.
Adam Elliott has secured a one-year deal at the Raiders. Picture: NRL Imagery

Adam Elliott has secured a one-year deal at the Raiders. Picture: NRL Imagery
In weighing up whether to sign Elliott, the Raiders board were prepared to back their principles that also saw them stand by Jack Wighton in court 18 months before he won the 2020 Dally M Medal.
The Raiders’ team culture is led by the playing group of senior figures that includes Jarrod Croker, Josh Papalii and Wighton. All three were supportive of Canberra signing Elliott.
“When a kid tells me he wants to make Canberra home, given he’s originally from the region, it means a lot to me,” Raiders coach Ricky Stuart said.
FROM OUR PARTNERS

Watch the 2021 Toyota AFL Premiership Season on Foxtel Find out more
“Rugby league is layered with redemption stories. I just hope for Adam and his family, this is another one of those because I know he’s going to be joining a very strong club.
“A number of our leaders have supported Adam in joining us and that gave our club confidence in moving this direction.
“It’s a 12-month contract which will give Adam and the Raiders every opportunity to build for the future.”
Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has welcomed Adam Elliott to the club. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has welcomed Adam Elliott to the club. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images
After a series of off-field headlines revolving around the 27-year-old, the final straw for the Dogs came after Elliott had been asked to leave a Gold Coast restaurant after allegedly being caught sharing a kiss with NRLW player Mille Boyle.
Elliott’s acquisition is an important one for a Raiders forward pack next year that will be without 2021 members Sia Soliola, Dunamis Lui, Siliva Havili and Ryan James.
Elliott joins fellow Raiders recruits Peter Hola, a forward from the Cowboys and Titans halfback Jamal Fogarty.
The next agenda item on the Raiders roster management is to determine a possible early release of hooker Josh Hodgson to the Wests Tigers. Negotiations between the Tigers and Hodgson’s management are on-going.

Total Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good luck to both parties… can stand the sight of Ricky or Idiot Elliott

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I slept good knowing this scum bucket is off to be a parasite on another team .. utility half Ahhh I’m glad you’re not out full time coach silly boy

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is gonna fit in well at Mooseheads!!

Hopefully when we play Canberra someone in our team smashes him.
Mooseheads was always brilliant!
Is the Bin still operating there these days??

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Raiders are the perfect club for him. He can creep around at Kokomo with CHN cruising for chicks while Starling and Curtis Scott start fights with everyone in sight.