Opinion Fans need reassurance urgently

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not good enough is it.
Taking the piss. Fans are relying on our board and voted them in expecting change. So far it's delusions of grandeur, unprofessionalism and underperformances.

Still waiting for the jerseys instore. Lucky we are playing shit so sales would be low regardless.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not good enough is it.
Taking the piss. Fans are relying on our board and voted them in expecting change. So far it's delusions of grandeur, unprofessionalism and underperformances.

Still waiting for the jerseys instore. Lucky we are playing shit so sales would be low regardless.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

How are jerseys their fault though? Classic deal was signed off by dib.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rarely post - not because I think I am special, but because I have little to say. However, in this instance I feel compelled to say we are stuck with the 'Hasler hangover' and the new group in charge have also performed poorly.

To attract exciting players the club needs to relocate - preferably in NSW still. I say that with a heavy heart after spending my younger years at Belmore for every home game back in the good old 80s. Since then I have resided overseas so relocation doesn't effect me as much as you loyal Sydney people.
You’re a goose. Thank goodness you don’t post. I’m sorry I don’t mean to be rude but what a ridiculous comment.

We’re one of the most successful clubs in Rugby league history and have always been located in Canterbury.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They have and this clubs taking the piss with their fans.

"Sorry we let you down, come spend your hard earned cash watchnig us get 70 put on his by the Tigers this weekend"

View attachment 9485
Hope they understand they wont be making much profit this year and shit is actually serious.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I need them to have a fucking go not reassuring

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is the most worrying aspect of any hope of improvement. Where are the good judges of good footy players? We were better off playing cheaper reserve graders for the same results and front loading as many as possible of our existing backends and ratchet clause players.

What a mess.
I said it last year and I'll repeat it again this year. The board need's to get serious about the club's future and throw the bank at a very experienced coach that will come supported with tested personnel ( trainers,scouts ect ). Persisting with this softly-softly, wait and see approach is not good enough. Our situation is specialized and too big a task for a rookie coach with only reserve grade experience.

We voted the old board out because the new board promised they would address ALL our issues. Employing Pay was their call. Rebuilding our team is their responsibility.
I speak on behalf of a lot of die hard Bulldogs supporters who are sick of continuous empty political promises and finger pointing. They need to bite the bullet and make some major structural changes and show that they are serious about making our club competitive again.

We are slowly becoming a feeder club and a club full of unwanted fringe first graders trying to rekindle their career.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our recruitment retention has been a disaster for a long time.. If we cant get that right and we relying on a good crop of juniors we will be waiting a long time..

A good crop of juniors coming through around the same time like they did from 2002-2004 happens once in a generation if that..

Good recruitment and a good coach is the quickest way to get out of this mess..

Its been done many times before by other clubs and ours for 2001 and 2009..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Signing Robson would at least help give the fans peace of mind that we at least have secured a genuine young talent for once. And have a first grade standard hooker for once!

But if what was supposed to be a done deal isn't done, then the fans will be even more restless and concerned.

The only way to be able to stomach what already looks to be a lost season is if more youngsters are blooded and develop well and the club announce some exciting signings. Instead of the unwanted scraps from other clubs they've been signing...

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I said it last year and I'll repeat it again this year. The board need's to get serious about the club's future and throw the bank at a very experienced coach that will come supported with tested personnel ( trainers,scouts ect ). Persisting with this softly-softly, wait and see approach is not good enough. Our situation is specialized and too big a task for a rookie coach with only reserve grade experience.

We voted the old board out because the new board promised they would address ALL our issues. Employing Pay was their call. Rebuilding our team is their responsibility.
I speak on behalf of a lot of die hard Bulldogs supporters who are sick of continuous empty political promises and finger pointing. They need to bite the bullet and make some major structural changes and show that they are serious about making our club competitive again.

We are slowly becoming a feeder club and a club full of unwanted fringe first graders trying to rekindle their career.
They didn’t sign pay. Old mob did.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They didn’t sign pay. Old mob did.
True technically you are right, Dib appointed Pay in September 2017. But the NRL did not officially register his appointment until late February 2018, extending the December 2017 deadline. Reason was due to an imperium ( injunction ) filed in the Supreme Court by Hasler's Legal Counsel, to enforce Des's contractual consideration.

I was in the Supreme Court late February, when Greenberg officially applied to the Court to set aside without prejudice, the NRL's acceptance of Canterbury's termination of obligations to Hasler and endorsed Pay's legal contractual appointment. He did this because he wanted the Court to clarify and admit the NRL's position and actions into the transcript of evidence. Greenberg was advised, that if mediation broke down between Hasler and the new board, Hasler was going to pursue ultricies legalis ( legal compensation ).

So it was imperative for the NRL not to perpetuate an error, which in conscience could bind them in company with Canterbury for any future judicial consequence and restitution to an injured party. Greenberg sought the necessary decree and entitlements from the Court, to make own decisions about the development or interpretationes legis ( interpretations of the law ). The Court's decision stopped Hasler's Counsel from applying for a quam ordinem iudicum ( judicial order ), restraining Canterbury and Pay from beginning or continuing an action. The order would have been based on a legal excuse and the impossibility that Des was afforded the opportunity to perform, or compelling him from carrying out certain contractual acts.

This Court decision avoided any NRL embarrassment. Which would have arisen if Pay's contract was ruled to be set aside or terminated after it was registered. The NRL safeguarded it's integrity, without threatening or invading any of Hasler's future iura legitimum ( legal rights ), that was violated by Canterbury's breach of promise.

So in simple terms, Dib announced a legal contractual agreement, which Des accepted in good faith. He also announced a legal contractual agreement, which Pay accepted in good faith. The NRL according to articles in it's constitution can register one contract and de-register the other. But there is a problem since both contracts have legal standing. So the NRL needed a court judgement and/or exemption from any liabilities before acting on both contracts.

The new board had every opportunity from pulling out of Pay's contract, with only consequence being scope of work performed to date. They had three options.
1) Establish baselines for a future project, re-instate Des to avoid a payout but compensate Pay.
2) Compensate Des and finalize Pay's registration with NRL.
3) Compensate both Pay and Des, appoint a caretaker coach, until they created a calculated transparent future plan.
They picked the second option which in my opinion was lazy, had no vision and most likely to fail.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
True technically you are right, Dib appointed Pay in September 2017. But the NRL did not officially register his appointment until late February 2018, extending the December 2017 deadline. Reason was due to an imperium ( injunction ) filed in the Supreme Court by Hasler's Legal Counsel, to enforce Des's contractual consideration.

I was in the Supreme Court late February, when Greenberg officially applied to the Court to set aside without prejudice, the NRL's acceptance of Canterbury's termination of obligations to Hasler and endorsed Pay's legal contractual appointment. He did this because he wanted the Court to clarify and admit the NRL's position and actions into the transcript of evidence. Greenberg was advised, that if mediation broke down between Hasler and the new board, Hasler was going to pursue ultricies legalis ( legal compensation ).

So it was imperative for the NRL not to perpetuate an error, which in conscience could bind them in company with Canterbury for any future judicial consequence and restitution to an injured party. Greenberg sought the necessary decree and entitlements from the Court, to make own decisions about the development or interpretationes legis ( interpretations of the law ). The Court's decision stopped Hasler's Counsel from applying for a quam ordinem iudicum ( judicial order ), restraining Canterbury and Pay from beginning or continuing an action. The order would have been based on a legal excuse and the impossibility that Des was afforded the opportunity to perform, or compelling him from carrying out certain contractual acts.

This Court decision avoided any NRL embarrassment. Which would have arisen if Pay's contract was ruled to be set aside or terminated after it was registered. The NRL safeguarded it's integrity, without threatening or invading any of Hasler's future iura legitimum ( legal rights ), that was violated by Canterbury's breach of promise.

So in simple terms, Dib announced a legal contractual agreement, which Des accepted in good faith. He also announced a legal contractual agreement, which Pay accepted in good faith. The NRL according to articles in it's constitution can register one contract and de-register the other. But there is a problem since both contracts have legal standing. So the NRL needed a court judgement and/or exemption from any liabilities before acting on both contracts.

The new board had every opportunity from pulling out of Pay's contract, with only consequence being scope of work performed to date. They had three options.
1) Establish baselines for a future project, re-instate Des to avoid a payout but compensate Pay.
3) Compensate both Pay and Des, appoint a caretaker coach, until they created a calculated transparent future plan.
They picked the second option which in my opinion was lazy, had no vision and most likely to fail.
I appreciate all the info you provided.
The new board got elected in I believe February 2018? Around a month before the nrl season was to start? Technically they could have terminated pay, but after just dealing with one sacked coach, to come in and just sack the new coach without giving him at least a chance wouldn’t look to good in their part. Do you not agree?

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reassurance for what? They have already told us we'll be put over the barrel until 2021.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't believe for one second that the experienced personnel on the Board (Bulldogs people through and through) were neither lazy nor had no vision. Plainly they did their due diligence, they certainly interviewed the incumbent and newly appointed coaching staff and canvassed for input from players, both past (more than one of them told me this) and present. Given those responses, plus the tight time frame, they made the most logical/sensible decision.

Go Dogs

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I rarely post - not because I think I am special, but because I have little to say. However, in this instance I feel compelled to say we are stuck with the 'Hasler hangover' and the new group in charge have also performed poorly.

To attract exciting players the club needs to relocate - preferably in NSW still. I say that with a heavy heart after spending my younger years at Belmore for every home game back in the good old 80s. Since then I have resided overseas so relocation doesn't effect me as much as you loyal Sydney people.
So the club has a poor fortnight and your suggestion is to relocate the club? Absolutely ludicrous that you would mention this. ‍♂‍♂‍♂

With the backing of the leagues club we have there’s no chance the dogs are going to be the side relocating.

The main issue at hand here is the poor playing roster we have and until that’s sorted we won’t see improvements on field.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You may 'hope' to be competitive, but are you not aware of the happenings of the last 3-4 years?

Are you aware of what Hasler did to the club?
Are you aware of the state of the salary cap?
Are you aware of the desperate deals done with Woods and Foran in the last stages of the previous Boards and Haslers time with us?
Are you aware of the lack of time and investment paid to our junior squads?

Sure you can hope to be competitive but let's be realistic.

Ok I understand those points however what majority are frustrated about is that when you compare our team, the beloved bulldogs/berries. We literally look like a team that has no attacking plan or defense play. In saying that, yes we know all the above issues but why are we becoming a club of pitty ? Let’s get the f over it and start playing some nice brand of footy. Impress us fans with a 80 game. I dont care if we lose, as long as the boys compete and show heart that’s all we ask from fans. What we are seeing now is a group that seriously don’t wanna actually compete to be in the top 8.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Ok I understand those points however what majority are frustrated about is that when you compare our team, the beloved bulldogs/berries. We literally look like a team that has no attacking plan or defense play. In saying that, yes we know all the above issues but why are we becoming a club of pitty ? Let’s get the f over it and start playing some nice brand of footy. Impress us fans with a 80 game. I dont care if we lose, as long as the boys compete and show heart that’s all we ask from fans. What we are seeing now is a group that seriously don’t wanna actually compete to be in the top 8.
Now that I can generally agree with. I think we all want us to play an exciting brand of footy.

Although even then, Pay can't just tell them to play with no discipline, or things could fall apart even further.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t listen to Joey Johns he’s made his way into the ecky cabinet again. We have attack, what we don’t have is defence.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
FMD, is it so hard to scout fiji and PNG and sign up some cheap , strong and fast wingers like parra and Melbourne seem to always do with success