Faitala-Mariner thread

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
TK really turns to shit in the offseason.
Was the quality any better during the year? Same dribblers attacking anyone who remotely questions a club who hasn’t made the finals for 7 years

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Including a 70 something year old female donkey supporter from the Cold Coast, on a Dogs forum who missed me jokingly pointing out there is a difference between coach and couch? ;)
Pathetic really isn’t it

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably missed it cause my eyes are fuzzy ATM from my diabetes. (Dry eyes)

70 is my IQ, which it quite high for being a member on here.
Get those sugar levels below 8 girl and go see an ophthalmologist before you have eye issues that require needle injections!
Thank you for being kind to the ICP Crew for rounding up their collective intellectual level.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pele, Davey, Quai-Ward and Brown didn't even see out their contracts. No one questioned.
Sutton being shopped around.
Sexton went well first 3 games didn't matter club trying to get Luai.
Has Mahoney proven better than JMK who also didn't see out his contract.

I ask those who have the blind faith as there's too many probably multi accounts.

Why are there so many poor signings and so many players released before contract?
When does accountability start to take place?
Should Gould's role be more defined and more specific instead of being in charge of everything?

NRL, Retention and Recruitment not working.

What about the misses? Hunt, Tino, Haas, AFB, Leinu, Twal, Sele, etc.
You're quite the opinionated user on topics relating to this forum, aren't you?
Interesting for someone with no history to the joint.

Out of curiosity, do you expect the Club to conduct themselves to a higher ethical level than our competition, which would be to the detriment of our greater performance?

Off-topic, do you bet?
What is your success percentage?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was the quality any better during the year? Same dribblers attacking anyone who remotely questions a club who hasn’t made the finals for 7 years
There's a difference between constructive criticism out of frustration, and death riding the Club's every single move.
Most are fed up with the latter and their inability to accept other's perspectives/opinions and move on, thus the conflict.

Stevche Kat

Waterboy
Reaction score
This is how Gus operates. Makes a bunch of 1-2 year bottom/mid-tier signings year to year to keep the team as competitive as possible. Every now and again, he will uncover a diamond in the tough (Preston last year for example). He's way more focus on junior development and pathways into first grade. I don't think we will see the fruits of Gus' labor until the Flegg boys from winning the comp this year develop into first grade which could take half a decade.

Possibly and most likely - issue with this is when the Flegg boys turn the squad into top 4 material , will have no option but to upgrade (e.g Preston). Sure if the pathways is setup correctly and if luck plays its part when another club overpays a pathway player should assume their spot as has been happening at Panthers. That said I don’t think this utopian scenario will work out every time . Panthers first time to trio it up since 80s won’t be something that becomes the norm in my view. I think Gus is open to paying big for a player he truly wants . You will see one , maybe two big $ signings in my view .

As a fan, its frustrating to watch when we just want wins now.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad cant even make it past the first line of u Gus cucks responses. ‘1 or 2’ hmm?
Kikau, overpaid underdeliver (Injured and recovering most of the season)
Mahoney, overpaid underdeliver (Playing 3+ positions at the same time most of the season)
Pele, shit (Cap filler that didn't stet up)
Perham, awful (Teacher's pet gamble that didn't pay out, probably as played out of position)
Sutton, 500k we paying him plays like dog shit (Didn't live up to expectations from prior club form)
Davey, lol (retired)
Oluapu, 500k transfer fee and 300k per yr rookie who we already decided hes not a half (Neither Club has confirmed the Dogs paid $500k)
Quai-Ward, lol (Cap filler gamble that didn't step up)
Knight, shit (Came halfway through our season, an off-season with us may be what he requires)
Sexton, mediocrity (Did far better than Flanagan managed in multiple seasons, with off-seasons developing a bond with players)
Nu Brown, awful (Cap filler that didn't step up)

And u can set ur watch to the following 2024 signings being horrific - Taukoeaho, Turpin, Pooasa, Salmon etc. Crichton will also prove to be overpaid and useless to our cause
Perhaps the answer is not to sign anyone, in fact, why bother changing the side at all?
Let's stick with our 80s side, who needs to evolve with the times or replace players that retire?
Give them lifetime contracts and stick by them.
Right?
FFS!!!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's a difference between constructive criticism out of frustration, and death riding the Club's every single move.
Most are fed up with the latter and their inability to accept other's perspectives/opinions and move on, thus the conflict.
The same people log in to start an argument with those posters. They are just as guilty

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Apparently told to "stay away from training" according to daily telecrap

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here I thought we were done with drama, but even in the off season, the dogs still having something going on. He’s obviously the one talking to the media, not sure what the truth is or whether he’s exaggerating actually being banned from training but this really sucks for the dogs for the way it’s being handled.