Faitala-Mariner thread

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
8. Tevita Pangai Junior
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Royce Hunt
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Josh Jackson - We have to suffer 1 more year of Josh Jackson playing until Raymond Faitala-Mariner takes the number 12 jersey.
13. Max King

We have no number 10, except for Ava Seumanufagai who is a flop and absolute shit. We need another destructive prop like Tevita Pangai Junior, who is exactly Royce Hunt, as he currently starts at 10 for the Sharks every game and is killing it. He also was a Dogs junior and is currently off-contract.

I know we signed Ryan Sutton but he isn't a starting prop, he's a off the bench impact player (number 15).

Shop Luke Thompson to the Tigers or Storm, or also if anyone wants him in the UK. With his money buy Franklin Pele and Royce Hunt, as there is no good props who are off-contract other than them.
I think you are being hard on Seumanufagai. His size has been important to us since he got here. Injury has hurt him this year.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Probably one of the most important re-signings in our team. With so many new players coming in and Jacko’s form dropping each year, RFM is basically our only remaining blue and white blooded senior player. The whole time he was on the sideline he was the most passionate in the stands cheering us on. He loves this club so much and I see him and Kikau forming a strong friendship.

RFM and Kikau are both left edge second rowers though. Does RFM move into the middle or does he try move to the right edge? We are still short both second rowers and props next year and after.

For people asking about $$$, RFM will qualify for the veteran allowance now and other than Jacko it’s years until the next player qualifies (Averillo could be the next closest). The salary cap is also expected to increase next year by over $1M. Gould would be very much in the know when it comes to what the number will be. So RFM could essentially cost us minimum wage with his veteran allowance. That’s zero risk right there!

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surprised it's a 3 year deal but he definitely comes across as the type of person you'd want at our club. Hopefully he has some luck and can stay on the field long-term.
Yes but I'm sure there would be a injury clause in his contract.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably one of the most important re-signings in our team. With so many new players coming in and Jacko’s form dropping each year, RFM is basically our only remaining blue and white blooded senior player. The whole time he was on the sideline he was the most passionate in the stands cheering us on. He loves this club so much and I see him and Kikau forming a strong friendship.

RFM and Kikau are both left edge second rowers though. Does RFM move into the middle or does he try move to the right edge? We are still short both second rowers and props next year and after.

For people asking about $$$, RFM will qualify for the veteran allowance now and other than Jacko it’s years until the next player qualifies (Averillo could be the next closest). The salary cap is also expected to increase next year by over $1M. Gould would be very much in the know when it comes to what the number will be. So RFM could essentially cost us minimum wage with his veteran allowance. That’s zero risk right there!
I think RFM used to play right edge at Warriors before joining us

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think RFM used to play right edge at Warriors before joining us
Looking back at highlight reels, you are correct. Bodene Thompson had the left side sown up. Maybe he will be fine back on the right side. Looked great in his early years on the right.

The PM

New Pup
Reaction score
Has a positive impact when he’s on the field. Let’s hope he can stay injury free

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
RFM and Kikau are both left edge second rowers though. Does RFM move into the middle or does he try move to the right edge? We are still short both second rowers and props next year and after. !
Depending on the final makeup of the squad for 2023 I think RFM could be used off the bench as both a left edge backrower as well as a middle. Whatever is needed at the time. We are really so light on with quality middles next season. Right or wrong Jackson will take on the right edge roll.

BULLDOGS 3005

Waterboy
Reaction score
Comes back after a year and a half and already looks like the best forward on the park!
When he comes back from a long injury and plays two games and is injured again for probably the rest of the year.

He is a dud signing.