Faitala-Mariner thread

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
3 years for an injury prone player that has missed nearly the past three years not a good decision.
Perhaps a revision of primary schools maths is in order, RFM played every game in 2020, hence 3 years is not mathematically possible.

Hardly injury prone, he had one injury, albeit a real shitter, notoriously slow to heal, with stress fractures in his right foot.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited:

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome news hopefully has a great 3 years.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Perhaps a revision of primary schools maths is in order, RFM played every game in 2020, hence 3 years is not mathematically possible.

Hardly injury prone, he had one injury, albeit a real shitter, notoriously slow to heal, with stress fractures in his foot.

Always a Bulldog
He’s still injury prone and has been his whole career.

The Dog House

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Crazy how people were saying he should medically retire to free up coin, especially since he wouldn’t even be on that much in the first place. Good on the bloke

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is awesome news! He has suck it out with his rehab, and made it back to tje field after an immense injury struggle. Well done Ray!!! Well deserved contract, and im excited to watch his continued development.
At his current age, i think his best years are still ahead of him too.
How old is he?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jacko should be a prop
I agree with this. We are skinny at Prop and I think if Jackson is still getting picked in the starting lineup next year. I can only be at Prop. I would much prefer to see him as a bench prop rotation.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8. Tevita Pangai Junior
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Royce Hunt
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Josh Jackson - We have to suffer 1 more year of Josh Jackson playing until Raymond Faitala-Mariner takes the number 12 jersey.
13. Max King

We have no number 10, except for Ava Seumanufagai who is a flop and absolute shit. We need another destructive prop like Tevita Pangai Junior, who is exactly Royce Hunt, as he currently starts at 10 for the Sharks every game and is killing it. He also was a Dogs junior and is currently off-contract.

I know we signed Ryan Sutton but he isn't a starting prop, he's a off the bench impact player (number 15).

Shop Luke Thompson to the Tigers or Storm, or also if anyone wants him in the UK. With his money buy Franklin Pele and Royce Hunt, as there is no good props who are off-contract other than them.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
He is a fan favourite and this is a great move to lock him in with us for a few more years. We need players who are deeply proud of playing for our Club to infect the rest of the players existing and coming through, with that love and enthusiasm. Topine has the same attitude about playing for the Dogs.

Last edited:

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surprised it's a 3 year deal but he definitely comes across as the type of person you'd want at our club. Hopefully he has some luck and can stay on the field long-term.
Must be a reasonable price for us if it's 3 years.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really happy for the uso. Big effort to come back from the long lay off and perform how he has to earn the new contract. Must be really strong mentally and you can tell how much the club means to him.
Did you see his video message? He sounded over the moon to re-sign. That's the type of player I want playing for my club. He LOVES the club & I am so glad he is with us. It's about the only thing Des got right in his stint here.

trent_solotar7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8. Tevita Pangai Junior
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Royce Hunt
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Josh Jackson - We have to suffer 1 more year of Josh Jackson playing until Raymond Faitala-Mariner takes the number 12 jersey.
13. Max King

We have no number 10, except for Ava Seumanufagai who is a flop and absolute shit. We need another destructive prop like Tevita Pangai Junior, who is exactly Royce Hunt, as he currently starts at 10 for the Sharks every game and is killing it. He also was a Dogs junior and is currently off-contract.

I know we signed Ryan Sutton but he isn't a starting prop, he's a off the bench impact player (number 15).

Shop Luke Thompson to the Tigers or Storm, or also if anyone wants him in the UK. With his money buy Franklin Pele and Royce Hunt, as there is no good props who are off-contract other than them.
Ava was basically the only foward who provided any go foward last year and earned a 2 year deal off the back of it. it’s honestly a surprise how you can type so well with Royce Hunt’s cock in ya fingers 24/7. Please stick to making shit threads of every random thought that come into your head.

Last edited:

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He’s still injury prone and has been his whole career.
2016 played 14 matches - ie didn't miss a match when he moved from Warriors
2017 played 16 matches - missed 8 through injury although did play extra games in reserves upon return
2018 played 13 matches - missed last 10 through injury
2019 played 10 matches - dropped for Rd 3 played 4 reserves games missed some more with injury & played 3 more + bye, so avail for 18/25
2020 played all 20 matches
2021 played 1st 2 matches then injured foot
2022 returned in round 11 ie missed 1st 10 matches

So being fair, apart from this current foot injury which cost him over a year due to a misdiagnosis, that's not too bad an injury record for a forward.