News EXCLUSIVE: Phil Gould reveals surprise Josh Addo-Carr call amid injury drama

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bit sus under high ball?
We’ve got enough wingers, I say he’s a centre only.
I personally thought he’d done enough in the trials to get a start and thought Kiraz (with no trial games) was an odd choice. Could be psychological too - I get maybe not exposing him at Shark Park but I reckon we’ll see him in first grade sooner rather than later.
I agree on both counts, I also believe Kiraz isn't a centre, CC took a risk playing him there after coming back from an injury.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the point of a physio doing on field tests and relaying messages of professional nature?
Physio must have been a bit unsure. In the presser after the game Ciraldo said it looked like JAC had "broken" something

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Physio must have been a bit unsure. In the presser after the game Ciraldo said it looked like JAC had "broken" something
Unsure because there didn't seem to be an issue considering the carry on with pain.

A physio, an extremely good NRL employed physio would pick up exactly what an issue is through a simple test be it bone, tissue or joint.

This was a simple burner they thought he could run out.. he obviously couldn't physically or mentally.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
And the shit CC copped on here for leaving the fox on last week.
Really? Did you watch the game?

You were happy to have a passenger on the field?

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

You were happy to have a passenger on the field just because he was good 2 years ago?
He just made the Aussie side but didn’t play cause of a ban. Must be shit…

If a player thinks he can get through the injury like JAC obviously thought he could he stays on the field. You can’t blame CC if JAC has turned the trainer down and kept going. He must have thought it was a stinger since he was training hard on Tuesday and a chance of playing this game

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He just made the Aussie side but didn’t play cause of a ban. Must be shit…

If a player thinks he can get through the injury like JAC obviously thought he could he stays on the field. You can’t blame CC if JAC has turned the trainer down and kept going. He must have thought it was a stinger since he was training hard on Tuesday and a chance of playing this game
Wow.

Because making the Aussie side has everything to do with a player who couldn't lift his shoulder.....he couldn't tackle to save his life, he was taking hits turn sideways with his weaker shoulder, buts its ok because he made the Aussie side last year.

I edited my post before you replied hoping not to get this exact bullshit excuse of a post. The head coach can't overall his trainer?

But by you backing the assistant says it all really.

Have a good night.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

You were happy to have a passenger on the field?
Bro honestly Would u fcuk up Ur whole game plan because a player wants to come off with an injury nobody can explain including the "injured" guy himself? And not just any guy but a winger causing a massive reshuffle... I'd be fuming if I was that coach and I'm pretty sure u would be too.

Good on CC for making him look good in the latest presser but good bet he got dropped this week.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro honestly Would u fcuk up Ur whole game plan because a player wants to come off with an injury nobody can explain including the "injured" guy himself? And not just any guy but a winger causing a massive reshuffle... I'd be fuming if I was that coach and I'm pretty sure u would be too.

Good on CC for making him look good in the latest presser but good bet he got dropped this week.
Didn't we buy 400 utilities? And what game plan? The centre breaks down all game plans of the "Lamborghini Left". One out bullshit ending with a shit bomb that lands 20-30m out is one pretty shitty game plan, no?

I can't understand why we are arguing over something so obvious as a litteral passenger staying on for nearly 30 mins.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow.

Because making the Aussie side has everything to do with a player who couldn't lift his shoulder.....he couldn't tackle to save his life, he was taking hits turn sideways with his weaker shoulder, buts its ok because he made the Aussie side last year.

I edited my post before you replied hoping not to get this exact bullshit excuse of a post. The head coach can't overall his trainer?

Have a good night.
GA used to be okay but he’s gone down the path of positive crew. Anyone can see the assistant and the winger are pathetic. Terrible message as leaders of your team

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wow.

Have a good night.
Yep and I expected your BS reply. You just said he was good two seasons ago. You don’t make a rep team last season if you’re still not good. Stop talking BS cause you have an agenda against people at the club because of where we sit.

I’m not backing CC I’m just a realist that he will be here this season year two in a five year contract unless the club gets rid of Gus which I can’t see them doing till Gus wants out.

Once you come to realise we won’t be a good team till the kids come through it’s much easier to live with watching this team.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
GA used to be okay but he’s gone down the path of positive crew. Anyone can see the assistant and the winger are pathetic. Terrible message as leaders of your team
Positive crew :tearsofjoy:

I just don’t see the point of getting upset over the dogs. Everyone can see our lower grades are playing well It’s only a matter of time before the kids are playing FG and we move up the ladder.

There are a lot of factors in play with this particular incident. I don’t think you can lay all the blame with the head coach for it. Yes he gets final say but JAC and trainer have sent a message that his arm would come good.

Our attack is more of an issue than this. Burton I don’t believe has as much time as he thinks to nail that 5/8 spot down so he better start producing at a high level week in week out or Gus will move him on once the kids are ready.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep and I expected your BS reply. You just said he was good two seasons ago. You don’t make a rep team last season if you’re still not good. Stop talking BS cause you have an agenda against people at the club because of where we sit.

I’m not backing CC I’m just a realist that he will be here this season year two in a five year contract unless the club gets rid of Gus which I can’t see them doing till Gus wants out.

Once you come to realise we won’t be a good team till the kids come through it’s much easier to live with watching this team.

^^
Finally someone on here gets it.
Gould has said this sort of stuff multiple times but people are still expecting succsss from a squad that's been filled with players who are just keeping the spot warm.

Majority of our fanbase forget how shit our squad has been and can't see that it's still bog avg when you compare it to every other nrl squad, This isn't the headcoaches fault or Goulds it was a shitshow prior to them arriving and it's going to take longer to fix then most of our fanbase can hack.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Positive crew :tearsofjoy:

I just don’t see the point of getting upset over the dogs. Everyone can see our lower grades are playing well It’s only a matter of time before the kids are playing FG and we move up the ladder.

There are a lot of factors in play with this particular incident. I don’t think you can lay all the blame with the head coach for it. Yes he gets final say but JAC and trainer have sent a message that his arm would come good.

Our attack is more of an issue than this. Burton I don’t believe has as much time as he thinks to nail that 5/8 spot down so he better start producing at a high level week in week out or Gus will move him on once the kids are ready.
Who’s upset mate? Not me, I knew this was coming two years ago, the day the season started I was calm, I was emotionally prepared, the mental breakdown on here is because of blind faith to a broken system. They are getting their just desserts after the abuse i copped. The Berry reigns supreme year upon year. 18th consecutive year of correct predictions. Believe the Berries hype

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Didn't we buy 400 utilities? And what game plan? The centre breaks down all game plans of the "Lamborghini Left". One out bullshit ending with a shit bomb that lands 20-30m out is one pretty shitty game plan, no?

I can't understand why we are arguing over something so obvious as a litteral passenger staying on for nearly 30 mins.
Doesn't mean you need to sub him out especially when there is a good chance he can run it out. We did so well after we shifted players around didn't we?

Lol that is every teams game plan.. it's basic yardage footy. Tha fcuk?

We are debating the point whether he should've been subbed or not.. considering it was a fricken cork which could have been run out he should have punched through. What's next a player wants to come off because he is tired? Set standards mate!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Doesn't mean you need to sub him out especially when there is a good chance he can run it out. We did so well after we shifted players around didn't we?

Lol that is every teams game plan.. it's basic yardage footy. Tha fcuk?

We are debating the point whether he should've been subbed or not.. considering it was a fricken cork which could have been run out he should have punched through. What's next a player wants to come off because he is tired? Set standards mate!
Ok, we should leave passengers on from now and stick to yardage footy that works so awesome for us. CC is a visionary.

Plus I'm not fighting you, he was doing fuck all for about 30 mins, pretending or not. He was taking hit ups sideways with his weaker shoulder FFS.

I wonder if it was Wilson in that position would of the assistant left him on?

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

So much bullshit while avoiding the original talking point....

We should leave all injured passengers on from now.

And I have an obvious agenda, get rid of duds that are fucking our club up year after year.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok, we should leave passengers on from now. CC is a visionary.
We shouldnt have passengers.

And Genius tbh..

For a 39 year old to be managing an NRL outfit and a record like his... certainly no average Jo.

Plus Ur just a grumpy *****.. let the guy do his job for atleast 3 years.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We shouldnt have passengers.

And Genius tbh..

For a 39 year old to be managing an NRL outfit and a record like his... certainly no average Jo.
I still wonder if Gus actually helps CC out at all? Or does CC refuse help? Or Gus doesn't help at all so 100% blame lands on CC.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still wonder if Gus actually helps CC out at all? Or does CC refuse help? Or Gus doesn't help at all so 100% blame lands on CC.
Surely anyone having Gus around would seek advice or input from time to time. I would assume anyway

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Everyone on here should know how Gould operates by now, if Ciraldo wants help from Gould then all he has to do is ask. Gould will stay completely out of couching business otherwise. Similar philosophy as with players, you have to want to play for the Bulldogs.

Always a Bulldog