News Exclusive: Andrew Johns lists the recruits Bulldogs should buy to rebuild around

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we should through kitchen sink and every thing in the house at Lateral Mitchell, Radley , Keary , Tedescro...... the entire Roosters team and lets see which one sticks.

If we get half the roosters team we will be easily a top 4 team.
Yeh! Can you imagine uncle Nick letting any of those go, He'll throw the In house, out house & the Shithouse at them to keep them all. in fact the Rosters are still on the look out for more Internationals, There is no salary cap for the roosters, I thought Cronk was only going to sign for one year? Now you whatch he'll be there for a few more years. The Roosters have built a Dynasty around the Premiership.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only if we had a chance to sign Munster in the past.... sorry hang on, I need to check on the meat pies in the oven, be back soon......

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exclusive: Andrew Johns lists the recruits Bulldogs should buy to rebuild around
By Ben Glover

How to rebuild the Bulldogs

Bulldogs coach Dean Pay has admitted his club need to recruit a big star to take them into their next phase of development and rugby league Immortal Andrew Johns says that star should be Cameron Munster.

Canterbury have hit rock bottom after making a mess of their salary cap over the last few years, leaving Pay with a roster that is the consensus pick for worst in the NRL after being forced to shed a slew of highly paid big names, most notably David Klemmer, Aaron Woods and Moses Mbye.
First and foremost a gun hooker and centre and we’ll start to look good

It took a vintage performance from former Test star Kieran Foran to lift the Bulldogs to an eye-catching Round 2 victory over the Wests Tigers but with the premiership-winning half facing a long stint on the sidelines with an ankle injury, it looms as a tough 2019 for Pay's men.

Million Dollar Man: Fast 5

Having had his contract extended last week, Pay has an eye to the future and a roster rebuild similar to the one the Knights have recently been through under Nathan Brown.

Brown and the Knights turned the corner when they snagged the prize signature of Kalyn Ponga and speaking on NRL360 this week, Pay revealed he wanted to bring a franchise player of a similar calibre to Belmore.

While Munster only recently signed a new deal tying him to the Storm until 2023, Johns said he would be the ideal man to build a struggling club around, with young guns Victor Radley and Cameron Murray strong back-up plans.

"I'd be going after Munster. I think he's the perfect player who you could build a team around, Cameron Munster," Johns told Wide World of Sports' Immortal Behaviour when asked who he'd target if he was recruiting for the Bulldogs.

"If I had to buy another one or two I'd probably go Victor Radley or Cameron Murray. Both young players on the way up; those two players in particular train really hard and really rip in and that has a great affect on all the players at the club.

The number one would be Cameron Munster for sure."

While Munster is arguably the heir to the throne of Johnathan Thurston as rugby league's next generational playmaker, 21-year-old forwards Radley and Murray have also made huge impressions over the last 12 months.

However, neither would be easy to prise from the clubs who gave them their debuts with Murray on contract with the Rabbitohs until 2021 and Radley on a deal as long as Munster's after the Roosters rewarded him for an outstanding rookie year with a long-term deal.

Although the NRL player market has become very fluid in recent years, those contracts are likely to force Pay to look elsewhere.

“We’ve got a target, it may be a Kalyn Ponga, a player of that calibre, where he is a franchise player," Pay said when asked about Canterbury's rebuild.

“And you bring him to the club and there’s other players who want to come to the club and play with him. We’re always looking.”
WE should be going after players that with in our reach, not wait till 2023. we need a good hooker, I watched Sigiaro Playing for Newtown in the Canterbury cup & I think He would go well Playing hooker for us

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Someone forgot to tell Andrew that real life is NOT supercoach.

None of those players named will ever be at the Dogs, and we can't talk to them.

The Roosters are smart in keeping players they see good things in more than 12 months in contract, hence cannot be approached by other clubs.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flegler
Staggs
Dave Fifita
Britton Nikora
Bron Xerri

All will be household names in 12-18 months easy

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flegler
Staggs
Dave Fifita
Britton Nikora
Bron Xerri

All will be household names in 12-18 months easy
We are in this position partly due to the incompetence of Cleal and Hasler. We had Teddy over the line and they kicked that up. We had players of similar talent to the ones listed above either within or interested in coming to the club.
We are not that far away from the Sharks. It’s crazy how much better they are at recruiting juniors and lower grade talent than us at the moment.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Exclusive: Andrew Johns lists the recruits Bulldogs should buy to rebuild around
By Ben Glover

How to rebuild the Bulldogs

Bulldogs coach Dean Pay has admitted his club need to recruit a big star to take them into their next phase of development and rugby league Immortal Andrew Johns says that star should be Cameron Munster.

Canterbury have hit rock bottom after making a mess of their salary cap over the last few years, leaving Pay with a roster that is the consensus pick for worst in the NRL after being forced to shed a slew of highly paid big names, most notably David Klemmer, Aaron Woods and Moses Mbye.

It took a vintage performance from former Test star Kieran Foran to lift the Bulldogs to an eye-catching Round 2 victory over the Wests Tigers but with the premiership-winning half facing a long stint on the sidelines with an ankle injury, it looms as a tough 2019 for Pay's men.

Having had his contract extended last week, Pay has an eye to the future and a roster rebuild similar to the one the Knights have recently been through under Nathan Brown.

Brown and the Knights turned the corner when they snagged the prize signature of Kalyn Ponga and speaking on NRL360 this week, Pay revealed he wanted to bring a franchise player of a similar calibre to Belmore.

While Munster only recently signed a new deal tying him to the Storm until 2023, Johns said he would be the ideal man to build a struggling club around, with young guns Victor Radley and Cameron Murray strong back-up plans.

"I'd be going after Munster. I think he's the perfect player who you could build a team around, Cameron Munster," Johns told Wide World of Sports' Immortal Behaviour when asked who he'd target if he was recruiting for the Bulldogs.

"If I had to buy another one or two I'd probably go Victor Radley or Cameron Murray. Both young players on the way up; those two players in particular train really hard and really rip in and that has a great affect on all the players at the club.

The number one would be Cameron Munster for sure."

While Munster is arguably the heir to the throne of Johnathan Thurston as rugby league's next generational playmaker, 21-year-old forwards Radley and Murray have also made huge impressions over the last 12 months.

However, neither would be easy to prise from the clubs who gave them their debuts with Murray on contract with the Rabbitohs until 2021 and Radley on a deal as long as Munster's after the Roosters rewarded him for an outstanding rookie year with a long-term deal.

Although the NRL player market has become very fluid in recent years, those contracts are likely to force Pay to look elsewhere.

“We’ve got a target, it may be a Kalyn Ponga, a player of that calibre, where he is a franchise player," Pay said when asked about Canterbury's rebuild.

“And you bring him to the club and there’s other players who want to come to the club and play with him. We’re always looking.”
Fucken Johns...His advice is to buy a gun player that is on contract for the next 4 years...clown. Honestly, he should never have been made an immortal...

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Flegler is off contract at the end of the season, he'd be my #1 target. Can't see how Brisbane keep him given he'll be behind Ofa, Lodge, TPJ & Fifita for a middle forward spot. Plus TPJ is going to get a big contract, so their cap is gonna be stretched.

Doubt we'll have the money to sign him, but Tualau and Fualalo are both off contract.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Andrew Johns is an absolute plonk, and that deadset has to be one of the worse articles I've ever seen written. Honestly, how that came to print is beyond me.

He should get back to snorting coke off the dunnies in the Brewery the fucking deadbeat.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
What he is effectively saying is that we should simply ignore contracts. Use, for example, a 3rd party to talk to the player agents and find a weakness in the targeted player, be it homesick, wife, family, kids, sick parents, anything that can be used as an excuse to break the contract. There is nothing the NRL can do about a non aligned (to a club) person talking to a players' agent. They can't delist someone who isn't listed in the first place. Exploit the ways around the NRL anti poaching rules and go out and poach someone, just make sure it's someone that you really want and will make a genuine difference to your team. Get them to make an excuse, any excuse will do, to their current club for wanting a contract release. Then miraculously, totally out of the blue, sign them up.

Sound familiar?
Go Dogs

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joey trying to steer the dogs into a couple of cans. I bet he has other players in my that he wants us to stay right off the scent

Jai Arrow would be a nice signing...he’s to good to waste his career running around with the Titans. Arrow and Staggs would be 2 awesome signings

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exclusive ?? really ??

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fucken Johns...His advice is to buy a gun player that is on contract for the next 4 years...clown. Honestly, he should never have been made an immortal...
Never rated the bloke at all really. Can't stand listening to him either with his inability to string straight sentences together.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
What he is effectively saying is that we should simply ignore contracts. Use, for example, a 3rd party to talk to the player agents and find a weakness in the targeted player, be it homesick, wife, family, kids, sick parents, anything that can be used as an excuse to break the contract. There is nothing the NRL can do about a non aligned (to a club) person talking to a players' agent. They can't delist someone who isn't listed in the first place. Exploit the ways around the NRL anti poaching rules and go out and poach someone, just make sure it's someone that you really want and will make a genuine difference to your team. Get them to make an excuse, any excuse will do, to their current club for wanting a contract release. Then miraculously, totally out of the blue, sign them up.

Sound familiar?
Go Dogs
We are a principled club I'd like to think. This kind of behaviour would make us no better than scummy Newcastle.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are we getting compared to Newcastle I know they have signed some great players they haven't done anything yet.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
There's buckleys chance of Munster coming, but man would he be an asset if he did.

Both Turbos wont leave as well. And even if they did, id rather take Jake. Tom is a real talent but he's already made of glass with reoccuring injuries.

Sezar? No fukking way. He's another over rated lazy hack.