Ex-Eels players charged after guns, cash seized in dramatic CBD park arrests

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
That’s fucked. Media outlets should be sued more often for misrepresentation and brand damage. How you draw a link between a club and a suspected terrorist unless they have direct association with the team is beyond me.

Was that the one castle complained about?
What's worse it it's all a bit of fun for certain journos. A gotcha moment that will stir up chatter on social media and hopefully generate shit post clicks into the story so the advertising department can report net traffic numbers to companies willing to spend money. But the result is a steady collective unconscious reinforcement of the "Bulldogs are the bad" stereotype.

So the story was just a poo poo cheeky headline that generated interest and got clicks for 12 hours or whatever the news cycle is these days. But the result is that relative you only see at Christmas lunch that is opinionated and closed minded is chatting to you about something they know you enjoy but don't know much about themselves tries and recall a memory they had of The Bulldogs from the past 12 months and one thing they recall is "didn't the Bulldogs get involved with some terrorist thing this year or what ever happened with that? Weren't they the same team that did that rape a few years ago? I remember I heard someone ring up Alan Jones because their 15 year old son got bashed up on the train by Lebanese Bulldogs fans...You be careful going to those Bulldogs games I heard they are really dangerous......"

So these sorts of constant reinforced negative stories actually do real damage to the Bulldogs brand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.