Ex-Eels players charged after guns, cash seized in dramatic CBD park arrests

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...ers-charged-after-dramatic-sydney-cbd-arrests

Two former Parramatta Eels players have faced a Sydney court, accused of harbouring semi-automatic weapons and possessing more than half-a-million dollars in cash.

Dozens of family members wept as Aukuso Junior Paulo, 34, and Royce Hura, 27, were denied bail at Waverley Local Court today.

Mr Paulo previously played for the Eels, before signing with St George Illawarra Dragons for the 2010 season, moving to the Penrith Panthers in 2011.

Mr Hura is understood to have also played with the Eels during their 2010 season.

Former Eels player Aukuso Junior Paulo has been charged.

Former Eels player Royce Hura has been charged.

Both men are now facing serious charges of participating in organised crime, after a series of dramatic arrests at Centennial Park, in Sydney’s eastern suburbs.

Police swooped on the men after an extensive investigation by the State Crime Command’s Organised Crime Squad.

Seven sharp cracks could be heard across the park, as a mother’s group dined at a near-by café.

Police said no shots were fired during the operation and the noises were caused by a "tactical device".

police allegedly seized two weapons.

Police searched two large vehicles, seizing a self-loading semi-automatic Smith and Wesson pistol, a self-loading semi-automatic Beretta gun, ammunition and almost $650,000 in cash.

Mr Paulo’s eyes welled as he mouthed words of comfort to his family from in the dock.

His lawyer made no application for bail, and it was formally refused.

Police deployed a tactical device during the operation.

Mr Paulo’s partner fled court after the brief mention, shielding her face from the waiting media with a black scarf.

Both men will face Central Local Court on Tuesday 19 December.

A third man also facing weapons, and organised crime charges is expected to appear at Waverley Local Court on Thursday.

Three men were arrested during the operation.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What "tactical device" punches a hole the size of a bullet through a laminated windscreen?

Hmmmm

Can't be a beanbag shotty, unlikely to be flashbang/smoke/cs as the hole would be larger, and wouldn't be a taser.

Enjoy prison boys!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What "tactical device" punches a hole the size of a bullet through a laminated windscreen?

Hmmmm

Can't be a beanbag shotty, unlikely to be flashbang/smoke/cs as the hole would be larger, and wouldn't be a taser.

Enjoy prison boys!!

Hmmmm

Enjoy prison boys!!
Stun grenade?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucking scum.

Prospering on the misery of others.

My son Matthew is a Victorian Police Officer and when I read stories like this about criminals carrying hand guns it gets me angry.

With the handguns their sentence should be a long one.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fucking scum.

Prospering on the misery of others.

My son Matthew is a Victorian Police Officer and when I read stories like this about criminals carrying hand guns it gets me angry.

With the handguns their sentence should be a long one.
I think any weapon. You have a weapon you have intent to cause harm. A damn Fork can have the same result, no matter what you have there are always unstable people willing and able to cause harm.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah forgot to add, the Eels should not have been brought up in this. They dont represent the Eels, they represent themselves the dickheads.

Dont hear "Ex Woolies employee ....... bla bla bla ". Should be outlawed.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surprised the reporter didn’t say the pair played atleast 6 games against the bulldogs in all grades :p lol followed by something about gun crime in the Bankstown Fairfield area on the increase :p

The reporter dropped the ball on this one :tearsofjoy:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nothing upon NOTHING will be worse than the telecraps "Bulldog and a bomb" headline earlier this year. That was low - even by the telecraps standards.

http://images.performgroup.com/di/l...b_v4cdocm4ll1l10cqgxfadi80i.jpg?t=-1689933379
That’s fucked. Media outlets should be sued more often for misrepresentation and brand damage. How you draw a link between a club and a suspected terrorist unless they have direct association with the team is beyond me.

Was that the one castle complained about?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s fucked. Media outlets should be sued more often for misrepresentation and brand damage. How you draw a link between a club and a suspected terrorist unless they have direct association with the team is beyond me.

Yes it was, the club didn't take it far enough tbh

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes it was, the club didn't take it far enough tbh
Absolutely. Should have sued for brand damage. If that Willson chick got a couple of mil from woman’s day or what ever it was, then we should have done the same.

But I guess when newscorp is so involved with the game it won’t get too far.

Funny how the telegraph puts shit on their own brand :p you would think being so involved with the game you would distance teams involved in the comp from drama.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The first story I heard said ex-NRL players & my heart skipped a beat. I was rather relieved they were Eels players.
Na, the media scumbags would say "Bulldogs" and not "nrl" like usual.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just hate the media and their scummy ways.
I liked the old days when they reported FACTS & didn't impress their opinions on stories AND were mostly fair on everyone. For me that changed with Lindy Chamberlain. It could not have possibly have bee a dingo they reported. And I believed them.

Now I listen to what they have to say & wait for the story line to change before expressing opinions (most times). Their sources now are social media platforms (including the Kennel it seems - good afternoon to you Moley! {just to clarify, not saying you are Moley, Tank}) & they rush things out before they can properly verify things so they can be first. If they get it wrong then, oh well, what's few casualties along the way? It's like the #metoo campaign, I've heard some women say that if a few innocent men get caught in this tidal wave then it's for the greater good! I'm sure they wouldn't like to be accused of something if they didn't do it. (rant over!)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

That's the one mate. But you see they should have done more. If Greenberg was at the helm and that happened, that paper would've been sued for everything they had!

Status
Not open for further replies.