Opinion EX BULLDOGS PLAYERS (STILL PLAYING)

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Food for thought:

MY BEST Bulldogs TEAM of CURRENT PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES (not retired)

THIS JUST underlines our POOR RECRUITMENT in Recent times.

NONE Of our CURRENT TEAM would make the team I have listed below

Just wanted to prove what we aĺl know anyway on how poor our RECRUITMENT Has been! EMBARRASSING & SHOCKING

TRENT BARRETT has every right as our head coach to clean out our support & coaching
staff

Some are complaining now regarding long term employees being sacked. Keep in mind these staff have obviously been part of failure so they need to go.

IF WE WANT SUCCESS then WE MUST GO THROUGH THIS!!!
DON'T START COMPLAINING about "THE FAMILY CLUB" & "CULTURE CHANGE"

REMINDER WE NEED THIS CHANGE STOP SOOKING

THE TEAM BELOW IS A TOP 4 TEAM

I could probably pick another TOP 17 but this is what I came up with from top of my head.

1) BRETT MORRIS
2) CURTIS RONA
3) MOSES SULI (WAS SIGNED)
4) JOSH MORRIS
5) BRENKO LEE
6) JOSH REYNOLDS
7) BLAKE GREEN
13) JAMES GRAHAM
12) SBW
11) FINUCANE
10) KLEMMMER
9) DAMIEN COOK
8) MARTIN TAPAU

14) MOSES MBYE (SUPER SUB)
15) ESE'ESE
16) AARON WOODS
17) SHAUN LANE

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That squad would be very hard to keep together due to the salary cap. It is a good team on paper. Other factors are not all of those players wanted to stay.
I feel better sometimes when I look at what the tigers have done with their retention.
Tedesco
Pipihouse (can't spell it)
Ado Carr
Suli
Moses
Masters
Materson
Woods
Just to name a few.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Morris boys have proved their best days are behind them. They still perform well. But they spend a lot of time on the sideline.

Mbye, woods, Reynolds and graham were moved on at the right time. None have improved or remained consistent since leaving.

Klemmer was a big loss. But it had more to do with his mrs then recruitment. Also the klemmer loss was compounded by bringing in Napa instead who isn’t a forward leader. More so an off the bench player that runs on when the starters are tired and takes cheap shots.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t really think Klemmer is the ideal leader of a forward pack. He lost his spot in origin last year to his team mate Jacob Safiti and was only recalled through injury. He makes running metres but a lot of that is negated by his slow play the ball. Naps has been disappointing but don’t forget Klemmer is on huge dollars at the knights. A lot more then what he is worth in my opinion. A few on the list were on huge overs or asking for overs.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Food for thought:

Just wanted to prove what we aĺl know anyway on how poor our RECRUITMENT Has been! EMBARRASSING & SHOCKING

TRENT BARRETT has every right as our head coach to clean out our support & coaching
staff

Some are complaining now regarding long term employees being sacked. Keep in mind these staff have obviously been part of failure so they need to go.

I could probably pick another TOP 17 but this is what I came up with from top of my head.

1) BRETT MORRIS
2) CURTIS RONA
4) JOSH MORRIS
5) BRENKO LEE
6) JOSH REYNOLDS
7) BLAKE GREEN
13) JAMES GRAHAM
12) SBW
11) FINUCANE
10) KLEMMMER
9) DAMIEN COOK
8) MARTIN TAPAU

15) ESE'ESE
16) AARON WOODS
17) SHAUN LANE
I UNDERSTAND SALARY CAP ISSUES.

All i am trying to establish is the current players still not retired that played for the bulldogs or we had signed (MOSES SULI) and comparing it to the current team playing for us.

Not one player we currently have on our books is better in their current position then what we have preciously had.

Meaning we have not replaced any player with a better player. In every position we have gone down in standards which is reflected on the field and results. Gone backwards in every position. So it does not surprise me that we are last.

If you applied this experiment to all other teams then we would win the trophy for the worst recruitment in recent times. One can argue west tigers are on par with us. However alot of their current players would make our current team where our current players will not make their team.

Top that with rubbish coaching.

Trent Robinson addmitted last night that the injuries caused last nights result. Even thought that team roosters put out is world class.

All this proves is he is a shit coach that can only buy his grandfinal victories and Nothing to with how good he coaches

Belemy and Ivan cleary are proving the exception. Going better considering their respective rosters

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Food for thought:

staff

1) BRETT MORRIS
2) CURTIS RONA
4) JOSH MORRIS
5) BRENKO LEE
6) JOSH REYNOLDS
7) BLAKE GREEN
13) JAMES GRAHAM
12) SBW
11) FINUCANE
10) KLEMMMER
9) DAMIEN COOK
8) MARTIN TAPAU

15) ESE'ESE
16) AARON WOODS
17) SHAUN LANE
How many years have you gone back here?
To be realistic this list should be limited to 3 years.

Also Brenko Lee?? Bahahaha.....he is complete shit.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I have only used players that have not retired... theoretically these players could still make up our 1 to 17 as we speak. In hindsight this potentially is the best team we could field USING ONLY CURRENT EX BULLDOGS still going around. So if we kept them all this would be the team playing on the weekend

The entire reason for the thread is t further highlight that the current squad is probably the worst any first grade team has fielded in the last 10 years.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

He might be sporting a premiership ring this year tho :grinning:

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
He might be sporting a premiership ring this year tho :grinning:
Yeah maybe....huge amount of injuries this season. The covid - 19 gap has to be an influence / reason for so many injuries.
Still Lee is a Queenslabd cup standard player. One of the few weaknesses in that Melbourne team.

RobT

Mass debator
Reaction score
Yeah maybe....huge amount of injuries this season. The covid - 19 gap has to be an influence / reason for so many injuries.
Still Lee is a Queenslabd cup standard player. One of the few weaknesses in that Melbourne team.
You could replace him in that team with All Blacks' winger Nehe Milner-Skudder or Bailey Simonsson.

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
The Morris boys have proved their best days are behind them. They still perform well. But they spend a lot of time on the sideline.

Mbye, woods, Reynolds and graham were moved on at the right time. None have improved or remained consistent since leaving.

Klemmer was a big loss. But it had more to do with his mrs then recruitment. Also the klemmer loss was compounded by bringing in Napa instead who isn’t a forward leader. More so an off the bench player that runs on when the starters are tired and takes cheap shots.
Josh is struggling of late. Old age, having to do more with injuries around him. I give him another month before an injury. And Brett Morris won't finish the season.

Klemmer was a big loss, but more a big loss for him. He has not been the same since leaving us and is a shell of himself.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s a pretty bog average side. Sorry.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Big Money tied up in that run on forward pack

Must be using chooks cap

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Replace Brenko Lee with Tommy Talau

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Food for thought:

staff

1) BRETT MORRIS
2) CURTIS RONA
4) JOSH MORRIS
5) BRENKO LEE
6) JOSH REYNOLDS
7) BLAKE GREEN
13) JAMES GRAHAM
12) SBW
11) FINUCANE
10) KLEMMMER
9) DAMIEN COOK
8) MARTIN TAPAU

15) ESE'ESE
16) AARON WOODS
17) SHAUN LANE
If we picked the best out of the current and former players only a couple of current players would make the starting 13 (Foran & Hopa) so we've definitely lost better than what we kept

1 Will Hopoate
2 Curtis Rona
3 Moses Suli
4 Josh Morris
5 Brett Morris
6 Josh Reylonds
7 Kieran Foran
8 David Klammer
9 Damien Cook
10 Martin Taupau
11 SBW
12 CHN