Opinion Ex Bulldogs - Panthers v Storm

Bulldogdoove

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just watching tonight 2 real quality teams going at it and asking questions with the ball and in D most sets. I reckon I need to go back along way (2014 maybe) last time Dogs looked like a quality team.

the real concern for me is the lack of development in our club - watching 3ex Dogs who were okay but nothing special with us. Remis/ Cogger and Meaney and here they are starting and looking solid in 2 of the best teams in the comp. Think as a fan we have the right to ask W_T_F. It would be fuckin nice to watch a well drilled, competent and quality football team like these two teams. The gap is massive.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
because in dogs team/system Cogger didn't look good at all (most of our other halves, including Lewis, looked better), Meaney back-up at best and Reimis we should of kept on talent but probably had a falling out with the supercoach Baz. Until we start getting marquee signings and strong leaders I don't see this changing.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our 3 ex players .. cogger charged down for storms first try. Meaney gave away penalty try for Penrith first try then Smith bad defence gives them their second.. not saying they're horrible mistakes but all led to tries.. and when surrounded by our team .. would be near on impossible to recover from 3 tries..

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Our 3 ex players .. cogger charged down for storms first try. Meaney gave away penalty try for Penrith first try then Smith bad defence gives them their second.. not saying they're horrible mistakes but all led to tries.. and when surrounded by our team .. would be near on impossible to recover from 3 tries..
All 3 been shit. Smith is the only bloke who’s got nrl elite level ability and he has been meh in a star studded squad with a spine in grant munster and Hughes ffs….

Bulldogdoove

Waterboy
Reaction score
This Cogger wankfest and those saying we should sign him shows how low the expectations has dropped in our fan base.
I never said re-sign any of them. My point is they seem to be have exorcised of the idiot footballer that is the Bulldogs culture atm.

FMD boys, never said any of the ex Dogs boys were stars but they had DEVELOPED to be starters in top teams.

80% of our guys would be lucky to be walk up starters in Ressies, and our star recruits have regressed to stupidity as well. JAC throw any 80th minute haymakers when he was with Melbourne?

just frustrated like all Dogs supporters and sick of being shit. That was my point - we don’t seem to be developing OR improving.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were once a team like thats... :cry:

They're too good to be benchies... Smith off contract for 2025 will be interesting with Leota and JFH.
Exactly. Once upon a time we had Kasiano Pritchard and Klemmer coming off the bench

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I never said re-sign any of them. My point is they seem to be have exorcised of the idiot footballer that is the Bulldogs culture atm.

FMD boys, never said any of the ex Dogs boys were stars but they had DEVELOPED to be starters in top teams.

80% of our guys would be lucky to be walk up starters in Ressies, and our star recruits have regressed to stupidity as well. JAC throw any 80th minute haymakers when he was with Melbourne?

just frustrated like all Dogs supporters and sick of being shit. That was my point - we don’t seem to be developing OR improving.
We’re chucking star players into a jigsaw puzzle that’s lacking in areas as a result of that they’re overplaying their hand. I get what your saying a lot of our ex players are thriving though I believe it’s simply because there in a competent system with players around them to support them. Elaborating on my comment Cogger has developed you can attribute that to the Penrith system and the side they have more so saying our players have improved elsewhere doesn’t mean we should bring back expecting them to make a difference.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No one should be lamenting the loss of Reimis. He's still average as fuck even at Melbourne. Meaney has done well there, good on him. Cogger has filled in well as a cameo but let's be real, the Melbourne and Penrith systems make average players look good. And bad systems like ours has been for years make average players look horrible.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Cogger he’s a solid first grader. But that Penrith system is the winner that makes him look better. The system suits him and plays to his strengths. Smith reportedly had a shit attitude, lazy trainer. Bellamy would have coached that out of him. The only one I sting about losing is Meaney. We offered him a deal and he went to Melbourne for less. Can’t blame the kid.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Cogger he’s a solid first grader. But that Penrith system is the winner that makes him look better. The system suits him and plays to his strengths. Smith reportedly had a shit attitude, lazy trainer. Bellamy would have coached that out of him. The only one I sting about losing is Meaney. We offered him a deal and he went to Melbourne for less. Can’t blame the kid.
I still dont think Meaney is a premiership winning FB..