News Ex-Bulldog set for $70M payday

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Fucking lol at thinking he'd be looking at a 70m deal after one year at LT. 20m a year is David Bakhtiari and Trent Williams money.

This reminds me of when Fox sports used to blow their load over every step Hayne took on the field in the NFL. Granted, Mailata is shitloads better in the NFL than Hayne was

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucking lol at thinking he'd be looking at a 70m deal after one year at LT. 20m a year is David Bakhtiari and Trent Williams money.

This reminds me of when Fox sports used to blow their load over every step Hayne took on the field in the NFL. Granted, Mailata is shitloads better in the NFL than Hayne was
On Bak, out for 6-7 weeks on PUP.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
On Bak, out for 6-7 weeks on PUP.
Yea I saw that, he was never going to be fit week 1 coming back from an ACL :( At least we have Jenkins to take his spot in the meantime

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely that cannot be right.

6'8" (2.03m) and 166kgs. That's fark'n huge.

DGAF

Waterboy
Reaction score
He beat out a guy that they moved up in the first round of the draft to select a couple of years back.
He did not win it by default but by learning and developing,if he keeps improving a 5 yr deal of $80 mill is a real possibility(IF)
I have been following the Eagles for 30 years and you don't see a guy that massive with his athleticism pretty much ever,he keeps improving and the sky is the limit.....

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

What about when that flog James Hooper said Hayne would be Australia's greatest sports star ever when he started the NFL thing.
STUPID BALD C***!!!
You are 100% correct about Fox sports & other media.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He should be starting for the Eagles this season. Hopefully he can get an extension but it won't be worth anywhere near that much. He gets way less press than Hayne or Holmes got but he has a much better chance of having a long NFL career than they ever did.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ex bulldog? Juniors? Dont remember him

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Philly have the second highest paid RT in Lane Johnson who was a probowler last year. Mailata's contract is up this year I think? He'll need to have a hell of a season protecting Hurts to get a high dollar deal, he should still get some decent coin though - way more than the 850k he's on now.

DGAF

Waterboy
Reaction score
He will probably get around 20mill as guaranteed money,he is only young and on the rise,no reason why he will not see out the deal in entirety.
Before the season has even begun he is ranked as the 15th highest priority free agent for next year,if he plays even solidly he is going to get PAID,the lack of talent in the NFL on the offensive line(especially in left tackles )is pretty high,guys who are back ups get big money just because most teams have a lack of serious talent
Guys on the Eagles offensive line like Kelce will retire and high priced guys like Brandon Brooks and Lane Johnson can be moved on if needed,no contract is permanent(especially if you are over 30).They have maybe 3 first round picks next year and can replace the old guys if needed.
He stays injury free and if the Eagles have a decent season he is going to be rolling in it....

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he plays well his next contract would far exceed anything he would have earned playing league. Maybe this will be the start of more trying their hand at NFL? I think the key will be going and playing college football first

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
We should deadset sign Pone Fa'amausili from Melbourne Rebels

His one of the biggest around
130kg / 196cm off contract end off 22

This guy is an animal we could turn him into a weapon play him off the bench like NAS

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mailata got paid! $40 plus million guaranteed over 4 years.

DGAF

Waterboy
Reaction score
4 yr 64 mill(US) could be 80 mill with performance bonuses.40.85 mill guaranteed,just got paid today......