Euro 2016 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't even know Iceland had a team until this week. FIFA ranking-34. Ranked much higher than Australia. They'd be tougher beat at home in Winter.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone have any links for a football show that does match summaries / analysis etc. ?

Looking for something to watch on the train.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pfft. Portugal have played 5 matches, not won any of them in 90 minutes yet find themselves in the semi finals.
It must be a first for football, a team making the semi finals having not won any of their 5 matches in normal time.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
ffs what an intense penalty shootout.. some truly awful penalties were taken, like wtf was Zaza's run up?

Germany in my opinion deservedly through to the semis, looked the better side through the course of the match

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not a big watcher of the round ball game, but turned on the TV just as the shootout started. Pretty intense stuff.

I guess there will be many cheering on Iceland tomorrow.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pfft. Portugal have played 5 matches, not won any of them in 90 minutes yet find themselves in the semi finals.
It must be a first for football, a team making the semi finals having not won any of their 5 matches in normal time.
Agreed, do not want to see Portugal win, they have been too arsey + they just "grind my gears"...

Wales v Iceland final - that is a romantics freaking orgasamathon!

Although, I have my cash firmly placed on the hosts, the above is my next favoured result.

Anyone but Portugal.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
ffs what an intense penalty shootout.. some truly awful penalties were taken, like wtf was Zaza's run up?

Germany in my opinion deservedly through to the semis, looked the better side through the course of the match
Zaza what a retard. I knew Italy had lost the shootout after that stupid runup. Azzuri missed De Rossi's creativity up the middle. Why didn't Conte give Insigne more time? Anyways it's over now.

I hate watching Germany. Unimaginative robots who defend well and punish mistakes. German football is boring as batshit.

I hope France win the whole thing. Can't stand Germany or Portugal.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
PS go Wales.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Massive upset, Portugal have won the tournament defeating the host nation France in extra time

What a fucking hit from Eder to win it for Portugal, stunner!

Thought it was all over for Portugal after Ronaldo went off early in the match with a knee injury, fair play to Portugal despite some underwhelming performances throughout the tournament to win it when it mattered and without their best player

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Portugal did well. France was rubbish. They peaked after they defeated germany. Maybe Benzema would of made a difference, I don't know.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
Martial might of made a difference but farkn deschamps gave him about 20 mins playing time in the whole tournament lol
doesnt bother me... less chance of injury and will be nice n fresh for the upcoming season for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.