EUPHORIA & WARNING

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We know now Gus is on a very good pay cheque
I’m assuming Gus had some ‘stipulations’ when he signed after what happened at Penrith (this ain’t his first rodeo)
Gould will have a lot of control which makes me nervous in some ways. Like if his ideas don’t work then others will be accountable rather then Gould himself. If he has been set kpi’s and he doesn’t meet them then the contract can end that’s fine. If it was a ‘ok mate fix our club whatever it takes it’s all yours’ contract and it starts as a 3 year plan then becomes 5 then 10 then we are just paying Gus to look good and boost his already big ego.
One thing that I hope is really clear Gould works for Canterbury Canterbury don’t work for Gould.
Everyone kinda forgets that Penrith and Parramatta have always had a huge nursery Gould just managed it and got the cap in line. Looking at lower grade results the bulldogs juniors have turned around already. So as long as we don’t see a lot of Gould in the dressing room addressing players and Barrett similar to when Griffin was in charge at Penrith then I think it’s win/win
Of course the club needs to do whatever it takes to move up the ladder and having someone like Gould will help us even more on the corporate side and in new player negotiations. Having bulldogs history will also help in what the club is trying to do in building the ‘bulldog culture’ further and make players ‘bleed blue and white’

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Thank goodness...
There is no chance of that happening as long as the current people are in charge.
No more Dibs either.
Thankfully that was able to be shut down :-).

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All those whinging about the laundys pretty safe to assume they played a big part in this

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is losing control of the management to gus that bad? People we have had in past few years still in full control and decide the direction to go is a much better alternative?

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank goodness...
There is no chance of that happening as long as the current people are in charge.
Yes you are right, Anderson's really shit the bed as they were touted as the saviours but actually made it worse, 12 pillars and all...

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting to raise the Dessie excitment and outcome but a couple of things to remebre about the Des period:
1. In the first year he tighetened defence significantly and put structure into the team;
2. He coached the dogs into 2 grand finals;
3. The real problem was his allegiance to his former Manly players and staff giving them all big money contracts at the Dogs and all of whom failed to deliver.
4. His total lack of interest and support for the junior development pathways into the Dogs NRL system
5. So the problem was not the initial coaching contract but the inability of the dogs management to give him his proper notice and instead extending his term beyond his use-by date.

Now Gus is entirely different:
1. He is a former successful Doggies player
2. He is a former premiership winning coach of the Dogs (unlike Des who did not win a premiership at the Dogs)
3. He is a master and support of junior pathways
4. In many ways the Dogs is where his post playing career all started
Welcome back Gus

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, history is important to learn lessons from. This is why the left like to tear down statues, burn books etc, so they do they same things over & over again to new generations. “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it” George Santayana
That was not ignoring the past; it was refusing to honour shady characters. And the right have been very good at burning books and rewriting history, too.
BTW I don't agree with destroying public monuments. If they want statues removed, they can petition and give their reasons.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No more Dibs either.
Thankfully that was able to be shut down :-).
I don't think Dib had any problems with with Gould unless you know something I don't know,
Regardless what has he got to do with the conversation ?

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was not ignoring the past; it was refusing to honour shady characters. And the right have been very good at burning books and rewriting history, too.
BTW I don't agree with destroying public monuments. If they want statues removed, they can petition and give their reasons.
Funny how the "shady characters" were Democrats isn't it? Where did the right burn books & rewrite history? I agree with the petitioning bit but it's the Democrats themselves & their brown shirt mates at the anti-first amendment group Antifa who are getting rid of the statues The left like to hold political prisoners without trial (see the people on Jan 6 who were invited in by police & stood behind the roped off areas) & let off all the rioters who caused $2B damage in their last summer despite video footage of them. Telling them that it is "reparations" too. Abolish the Police - didn't that work out well especially when hundreds of Police retire & quit & now nobody wants to join the force. I'd like to see how you would like to live in San Francisco, New York, Chicago or Portland all completely run by the left. I'd MUCH rather have the freedoms in a city run by the right.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think Dib had any problems with with Gould unless you know something I don't know,
Regardless what has he got to do with the conversation ?
Nothing to do with Gould. Some don’t want the Andersons back ever again and no problem with that - just saying I don’t want Dib back ever again either.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny how the "shady characters" were Democrats isn't it? Where did the right burn books & rewrite history? I agree with the petitioning bit but it's the Democrats themselves & their brown shirt mates at the anti-first amendment group Antifa who are getting rid of the statues The left like to hold political prisoners without trial (see the people on Jan 6 who were invited in by police & stood behind the roped off areas) & let off all the rioters who caused $2B damage in their last summer despite video footage of them. Telling them that it is "reparations" too. Abolish the Police - didn't that work out well especially when hundreds of Police retire & quit & now nobody wants to join the force. I'd like to see how you would like to live in San Francisco, New York, Chicago or Portland all completely run by the left. I'd MUCH rather have the freedoms in a city run by the right.
I'm not going to get into an argument with a true believer of the right. I could send you many examples, but you'd just ignore them or counter with more propaganda, so this would go nowhere.

Let's just concentrate on supporting the Dogs.