Epiphany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastabation

Reaction score
05 is just yet another of our gross grand final defenses in the history of our club, but ultimately it doesnt matter much because for a club like the dogs a grand final appearence or premiership is never far off.

Have a look at 1996... We went from being premiers to sitting about 11th or 12th but two years later we made the grand final.

Look at 1981... an even worse premiership defense than this one, with plenty of injuries and suspensions go against us... but we were back to back premiers a few seasons later.

Even when we had that ordinary year in 2000... everyone said we were too old and had no speed but in 2001 we finished 2nd in the minor premiership, 2002 would of been a premiership, and finally we managed to win the thing in 2004.

So, my point is, while 2005 is really hard to swallow for a supporter of any team who has high expectations, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. I have been as guilty as anyone of getting carried away 'in the moment' of a frustrating loss or realising we will fail to make the top 8, but when I actually think about it I'm hit with a reality check.

At the end of the day our club has a nack for winning competitions and making grand finals regularly which is more than I can say for the likes of Parramatta, Cronulla and St George supporters of a reasonable age.

Lets forget about the reasons why 05 is such a disapointment and start looking at the big picture.

If we bounce back as early as 06, we won't give a **** about this year.

F

fatal1

good point...but i want success NOW! :p actually i just wanna make the finals and see how we go from there...

but what ur saying is right...i never thought of it like that

Anastabation

Reaction score
I don't mean to sound negetive about our faint 2005 hopes, I wish the team all the best. But I am a realist, and a premiership win I feel is extremly far fetched.

D

DoggFather

Like I told you on MSN bro, if Arsenal wins the EPL again this season, we will win in 2006 ;)

Anastabation

Reaction score
fatal1 said:
good point...but i want success NOW! :p actually i just wanna make the finals and see how we go from there...

but what ur saying is right...i never thought of it like that
Yes I would like to see them sneak into the 8, obviously. But I am not going to be blinded into thinking it will happen simply because its 'my team'. And if we do make it I am fairly certain we won't last long.

Canberra snuck in last year... but I don't think any of their supporters would be 'satisfied' with the season. Finishing 7th or 8th is not much better than 9th and 10th when you put in in the context of a 15 team comp.

Anastabation

Reaction score
T A N K said:
Like I told you on MSN bro, if Arsenal wins the EPL again this season, we will win in 2006 ;)
Chelsea is the roosters equivilent... so many internationals and chronic depth through hostile perchases... arsenals just got rise above that and rely on some Wenger brilliance... Wenger should take a leaf out of Steve Folkes OH FOUR book.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
In the unlikely event we make the 8, then we will be bundled out in the first week of the semis. Looking at it now, we have one of the worst squads we have fielded all year, and haven't won 4 in a row all year, why should they do it now? especially being so depleted? Graham Hughes said it best, that any other club in a similar injury crisis wouldn't be any where or in contention for a semis berth. Credit to the fellas for getting this far, but a few defensive lapses and 05 is looking dark again. I say bring on 06, atleast in round 1 we will be at fullstrength.

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
hopefully SBW wont have a pepsi advertising injury like michael jackson did

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Week before round 1, 2006: SBW cuts off finger trying to open a ring pull on a can of pepsi.

D

DoggFather

LOL, sues Pepsi for 100 Trillion Dollars, doesnt want to play footy anymore.

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
Stevie J said:
Week before round 1, 2006: SBW cuts off finger trying to open a ring pull on a can of pepsi.
ring pull flies off and blinds him in the right eye :p

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
lol...after this years injuries I just wouldnt be surprised. Pls dont tempt fate :p

Greek Dog

Hijack your sh!t
Reaction score
the accident with pepsi will give SBW a skin condition turning him black :D

D

DoggFather

Then he will build a themepark in his backyard and call it "SONNYLAND"

-alex-

fiesty midget
Reaction score
then he will get done for some kind of pedophelia coz all the groupie chicks hang around "SONNYLAND" and he will swear that he never touched any of them

Status
Not open for further replies.