Entire 2021 squad gone.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You have posted this same thing so many times.

And you still can't get the spelling right.

Clearly even you don't believe it because you don't care enough to even use the inbuilt spellcheck.

Just needed another like from @Polly Power

:tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
It’s embarrassing mate

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which of the 2021 squad still playing would make our top 17 in 2024 ?

I reckon Meaney, maybe DWZ, Averillo and Thompson (only because we're desperately short on middles)

1 Meaney
2 DWZ
3 Averillo
4 Crichton
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Sexton
8 Thompson
9 Mahoney
10 King
11 Kikau
12 Preston
13 Curran

14 Mann
15 Knight
16 Hughes
17 Sutton

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One player is currently on mental health leave and the matter is still unresolved his name isn't allowed to be publicly mentioned. Montgomery has taken leave. Burns exit from training was a bit sudden. The post from Nu Brown could tell he was struggling with mental health last year. Something wasn't right.

I applaud Nu Brown for sticking up and supporting RFM. Such a courageous young man. I hope Brown has a wonderful season with Hull. As leader of the club RFM had to support his players and air their concerns whether he agrees or not. He's a father figure that's why he was made Club Captain. The personal attacks on him via club leaks very sad and disappointing. RFM now has a fresh start where he's under a coach that will value him and respect him. The fans have welcomed him. He would have been booed in our games even in NSW Cup such was the vitriol coming out about him.

Our fan base needs to set a good example and stop being so toxic towards players they don't like and opinions they don't like. We all want the club to be successful and strong. The fact people will challenge decisions in fact makes them more of a fan. No need for name calling and abuse.
Dont forget billy tsikrikas who has given leadership responsibilities in 2023 pre season and was spat out to castleford a couple of months later. Big respect to Nu brown for speaking out.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can’t believe the entire 2021 squad are gone … anyone got any ideas on why we didn’t hang on to them .. ‍♂

Last edited:

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dont forget billy tsikrikas who has given leadership responsibilities in 2023 pre season and was spat out to castleford a couple of months later. Big respect to Nu brown for speaking out.
Yep.

Big respect to another lazy trainer who couldn't see out a contract.

Is the truth still out there????

1706703843873.png

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does nobody seriously see a problem with such a burn rate?
Seriously?
With no development of players how exactly will we ever be anything other than an also ran finishing 14th to 17th?
How does one instill a Bulldogs culture or spirit if nobody lasts longer than 2 to 3 years?
Turnover burns culture. We don't have a next man up culture like Penrith. We buy the replacement.
Fans don't become rusted on if the faces keep changing.
Don't expect players to do anything more than turn up and play fair, to hold their hand out & collect their paycheque.
So called Bulldog culture is DEAD.
shit take lol

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Which of the 2021 squad still playing would make our top 17 in 2024 ?

I reckon Meaney, maybe DWZ, Averillo and Thompson (only because we're desperately short on middles)

1 Meaney
2 DWZ
3 Averillo
4 Crichton
5 JAC
6 Burton
7 Sexton
8 Thompson
9 Mahoney
10 King
11 Kikau
12 Preston
13 Curran

14 Mann
15 Knight
16 Hughes
17 Sutton
I don't think Meaney makes this years side. Averillo only does if fullback. I agree Thompson makes the bench and you would have to say Adam Elliot would also make the bench at least. So I get 2 from that list making the team, both forwards.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So the moral of the story is that Gus should have re-signed the likes of Flanagan, Allan, Hetherington, Pele, Naden etc despite the fact that they're not worth keeping just so we could have continuity and keep finishing bottom 4? Great logic. You guys should run the club..
No, we agree our 2021 roster was poor. Our overall roster has been poor in comparison to most sides since 2016. As we apparently had players taking up space on back ended contracts, the time to begin serious development was 2016. Better late than never, we've tasted success in last years development grades finally. As to how many of these younger players will get to NRL level is anybody's guess.
Still feel 2024 is treading water with who we've assembled.
Again, compared to other sides, man for man we'd rank about 14th. So I don't expect us to finish higher than that.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
RFM now has a fresh start where he's under a coach that will value him and respect him.
As usual you’re reaching here Polly.

Did Ciraldo not respect RFM by making him Club Captain last year? Ciraldo has form for ‘respect’ like when he flew to Fiji for Bill Kikau’s father’s funeral. Jacob Kiraz publicly praised the support of Gus and Ciro when he had family issues (his father’s injury).

You’re suggesting RFM now has a coach who ‘respects his players’ - the same guy who let them take peptides and bring his club and the game into disrepute earlier in his career? That guy?

RFM said himself he didn’t aim up last year.
A fresh start likely benefits both parties, yet you’re happy to weave this narrative that RFM was pushed out for speaking up against Ciro - but you don’t know.

It’s fine for you to come on here and pontificate about what you think the truth is (we see it daily) - but that doesn’t make it so Chief.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We can't boast about our juniors and pathways when the best junior we've had in years was spat out (Alamoti)
The best junior? The guy who could only secure a one year deal at his new club? Oh that’s right: @04 Dreaming said that was at his instigation. But he also said his TK ban was ‘self-imposed’ :tearsofjoy:.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our 2024 squad is an improved squad on 2021 no doubt. The reality check on the 2024 squad is that many players are Cup standard and have spent most of their careers moving between Cup and firsts. The unanswered question is does our coaching and tactics get enough improvement from our fringe players to make them genuine first graders. What makes guys like Hutch, Salmon, Taffe, Tracey, Knight, Turpin etc genuine consistent first graders.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best junior? The guy who could only secure a one year deal at his new club? Oh that’s right: @04 Dreaming said that was at his instigation. But he also said his TK ban was ‘self-imposed’ :tearsofjoy:.
Ofcou it was at his own instigation his value will skyrocket after a yr as panthers starting centre. And yes my ban was self elected ask the mods

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Kennel podcast is back baby! They are covering this topic in the latest episode.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ofcou it was at his own instigation his value will skyrocket after a yr as panthers starting centre. And yes my ban was self elected ask the mods
Onya Flipper :tearsofjoy:.

You said we should ‘fear’ Alamoti - we play Penrith once this year and there’s not yet any evidence he’ll even be in their 17 - what’s to ‘fear’ exactly??

And yeah, you write to Mods/Admin and ‘ask’ to be banned - the very same people you accused of removing your Dolphin logo. Turn it up :-).