Enough is enough

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am over it, been a Doggies fan for over 40 years but I have never seen a team as poor as this. I have seen teams over the years at least having a go, but something is very wrong here. Normally I don't like seeing coaches sacked (especially mid season) but Pay must go. The players are slow and seem to have no interest in playing, how can the Bulldogs have the best completion rate in the NRL but have the worst for and against?? So lets just give it to Tolman to take it up and get tackled. Just a mind blowing stat. I have returned my membership, I wont be attending a game , I wont watch them on TV ( which they don't deserve to be on free to air) until the board steps in and makes some hard calls. I would drop Napa, Tolman and even Jacko and bring up some young guys who want to try. Someone who can at least run the ball straight and hard. RFM has no heart, shit I can run sideways all day too. The Bulldogs culture is dead. I am not a sore loser, or a whinger. I just want the team to play with some heart. Yes it is a young team. Heard that a million times.
I feel it in everyone's posts, the beloved fans can see what is wrong why cant the club?? Let me know when the board wakes up because I will be watching and supporting the local under 12's.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
how can the Bulldogs have the best completion rate in the NRL but have the worst for and against?? So lets just give it to Tolman to take it up and get tackled.
You answered your own question there mate!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It must be a small pocket of people on the Kennel compared to the rest of the Dogs supporters because we still have the 6th best crowds in the NRL!

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was Des worse than Pay? Its crazy to go down this path after what Des put us through.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I posted this thread on June 4th before the Dragon's game titled...

IT'S TIME FOR BULLDOGS FANS TO SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

June 4th post....

Like most Bulldogs fans, I have had enough. We have had to endure many years of under performing, mediocre, amateurish and unprofessionalism on and off the field that has taken our great club to its lowest standards since its introduction in 1935.

We use to be a club all other clubs aspired to be. Operated with professionalism and pride that would always see the Bulldogs Empire strive in leaps and bounds effortlessly and seemingly a step ahead of its rivals. I can easily remember having full faith in who was running the club in the background.

On the field it was no different. We played with honor and pride for our emblem knowing that it's win at all costs. We never backed down from any team and even while we were losing you always knew that no matter what situation we were in, we were still in it and that the fighting spirit of any player that put on the Bulldogs jersey would always be there, losing was not an option or in our DNA.

HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED.

We now have our club in dire straights never seen in all its history. An attitude off the field and within the four walls of the offices of those that seem to accept the current failures are purely a process to live with before success. The lack of transparency to its members and fans now see's a disconnect with the club and it's followers. I, like most no longer share the faith i once had. The people now running this club and team have destroyed that.

No longer do I see the spirit, honor and pride on the field for the emblem and jersey that teams use to fear. Instead, we are a team all others can't wait to play knowing they won't be outplayed or intimidated and that all they need to do is just do their job as not much will be thrown at them. And within the Bulldogs club this has become acceptable by all people involved on and off the field where our levels of professionalism has dropped to become the most unprofessional club in the NRL.

IT'S TIME FOR FANS TO ACT.

Are you going to sit there and watch our club fall deeper and deeper into a hole and be a laughing stock of the NRL? Are you going to let our great rivals such as Parramatta, Manly and St George laugh at how poor our club and team is? Are you going to wait for the current regime running the club, our coach, staff and players to pull us out of this mess? I say NO! I say we need to make a stand and end this rot starting this week.

HOW??

So there is an expectation that being a long weekend and playing St George the fans will just turn up. This is the arrogance of the club that expects it just to happen.
We have to show that on all levels with the club we are not happy and our voices need to be heard with our feet. I'm saying to refrain from attending Monday's game and show solidarity within the fans that we have had enough. I am a member and I will be keeping my seats empty to say I've had enough of paying my money to a club that does not show me the same spirit and support I have shown through these tough years. Enough is enough.

Has anything changed on the field in the past couple weeks since my post? All I see is a bigger hole being dug. Yep let's be patient, yep we have to accept our cap situation, yep Pay is our coach and no need to bring in a new one for now. Get your head out of your arses people because the worst is still to come if we don't collectively push for change.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was Des worse than Pay? Its crazy to go down this path after what Des put us through.
Des was/is stubborn, pig headed, arrogant and hated change but players love playing for him and he can be a good coach when he wants to be - pay on the other hand just looks inept and completely out of his depth

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Des was a far better coach with a proven record , so no.. pay Is far worse, we did better under des full stop!!

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pound for pound Des was worse than Pay at the Dogs with the cattle we had. Des is a good coach for Manly and no one else. He used us as Guinea pigs for whatever reason.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pound for pound Des was worse than Pay at the Dogs with the cattle we had. Des is a good coach for Manly and no one else. He used us as Guinea pigs for whatever reason.
I can't help think the way Des left us was an intent to ruin a club he knew he wasn't going to coach in the future, but coach against. Sabotage comes to mind.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It must be a small pocket of people on the Kennel compared to the rest of the Dogs supporters because we still have the 6th best crowds in the NRL!
Is that according to NRL official crowd figures, because everyone knows they apply roughly the +120% rule.

ANZ Stadium crowd figures for 2019.
Sunday 24 March NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 2 - Bulldogs v Eels 20,134
Friday 29 March NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 3 - Eels v Roosters 13,367
Sunday 31 March NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 3 - Rabbitohs v Titans 10,128
Saturday 6 April NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 4 - Eels v Sharks 11,185
Friday 19 April NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 6 - Bulldogs v Rabbitohs 30,040
Friday 26 April NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 7 - Bulldogs v Cowboys 6,711
Thursday 2 May NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 8 - Rabbitohs v Broncos 13,643
Saturday 25 May NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 11 - Rabbitohs v Tigers 18,185
Saturday 1 June NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 12 - Bulldogs v Raiders 7,213

That suggests probably 5000 Bulldogs fans attending each game, or MAX 6500.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is that according to NRL official crowd figures, because everyone knows they apply roughly the +120% rule.

ANZ Stadium crowd figures for 2019.
Sunday 24 March NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 2 - Bulldogs v Eels 20,134
Friday 29 March NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 3 - Eels v Roosters 13,367
Sunday 31 March NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 3 - Rabbitohs v Titans 10,128
Saturday 6 April NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 4 - Eels v Sharks 11,185
Friday 19 April NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 6 - Bulldogs v Rabbitohs 30,040
Friday 26 April NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 7 - Bulldogs v Cowboys 6,711
Thursday 2 May NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 8 - Rabbitohs v Broncos 13,643
Saturday 25 May NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 11 - Rabbitohs v Tigers 18,185
Saturday 1 June NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 12 - Bulldogs v Raiders 7,213

That suggests probably 5000 Bulldogs fans attending each game, or MAX 6500.
FC34E8E2-C9A6-4EAF-918A-B58A68C1EDA0.jpeg
https://afltables.com/rl/crowds/2019.html

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t think des ever finished with the spoon
There’s NO WAY Des finishes with the spoon with our current squad! The guy just knows how to make ordinary players punch above their weight.

His downfall, it’s simple, he got to the stage where he thought he was too smart for the game. He went over the top. Players started focusing too much on the 1,000,000 KPI’s he set for them each game and lost touch with playing what was in front of them on the field. As mentioned he became to stubborn to change and his recruitment and retention was based on Money ball regardless how good a player was( e.g Cook). It was all based on stats. Was given full control and stuffed up our salary cap. Players loved him because he paid them well(backended deals) and hardly dropped anyone. Again based on stats which says the least amount of players used from the whole squad during the year the better the on field results, which in a way is sort of true to develop cohesion, but he went over the top and just simply refused to drop anyone.

But based purely on coaching, pound for pound he’s up there with the best IMHO. But the things mentioned above let him down badly, and that’s his own doing.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Klemmer knew the place was tired like Sonny Bill knew in 2008.
The SCG looked empty to me.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Des was a far better coach with a proven record , so no.. pay Is far worse, we did better under des full stop!!
I believe des just didn’t give fuck because we weren’t manly,pay on the other hand just doesn’t have a fucking clue

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the kennel seriously talking up Des. The **** left us in a fuckin rabble. Foran, Woods, Mbye, T-rex, Tolman, Lichaa all sucking us dry coz of that grub...... not to mention Cook, Finucane, Ennis, Tapau, Lane, Graham
He fucked our whole juniour development and let pricks like Cleal fuck us from behind.
Who gives a shit if he's better than Pay, let's not talk positive about the guy who had a massive hand in what we have become.