Ennis out by the looks of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Initially I wanted to put Mbye at 5/8, however to do that Hodkinson would have to shift to the right side and in the end it's just too much shuffling around and would effect our defense mostly. This would be my key positions for next week:

6. T. Williams - He can move to the right edge permanently where he played extremely well last night when Pritchard came on.
7. T. Hodkinson
9. J. Reynolds
12. F. Pritchard - Moves back to his left edge permanently.
17. M. Mbye/R. Maitua - Just for cover just in case Hodkinson has any issues and to cover for Reynolds who I don't think could handle 80min at Hooker.

LOL I have no idea.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No way will des play damien cook in a final. He benched him after 5 mins on the field earlier this year when ennis played half back.

Moey999

Pitbull
Reaction score
Mbye straight into hooker, when he gets tired he can just swap onfield with Reynolds

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Ennis is out it will be a massive loss in many ways. But if he is and the team train with another player at hooker all week then I think we can still do it. And if Luke gets suspended will even things out.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I think I would still play Ennis even if he was not 100%.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need some who can pass from dummy half, I love reynolds but he throws harbour bridge passes....If Trex was a smaller man id throw him in there...

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont think for a second that luke being out for them is as significant as mick is for us. Their backup rake korisaw is a carbon copy and has played a significant chunk of the year in that position when luke was injured.

Our replacement for ennis will neither be as dangerous or experienced and if we switch grub into the 9 I believe hodkinson will struggle.

I'm not saying its impossible and will be cheering our boys on in full voice but this is a huge setback for our team.

Ennis' value in defence, in attack, in unsettling the opposition and in firing up our boys is irreplacable.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I reckon cook or mybye. reynolds is a good emergency fill in but he ain't not hooker

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ennis missed out on the GF in 2006 as well when the broncos won, would be pretty heart shattering if he does miss out

HazElMagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
http://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2014/09/28/michael_ennis_injury_update.html

Injury Update

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs today confirm that Captain Michael Ennis this morning went for scans on his injured foot, suffered during the 18-12 victory over the Penrith Panthers last night at ANZ Stadium.

Scans have revealed minor fractures in his left foot.

The club’s medical staff will work overtime with Michael to give him every chance of playing next week in the Grand Final but the early indications are that he is facing an uphill battle to play.

At this stage, Michael will be unavailable for comment and the club will discuss his progress at the media session on Tuesday.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh well, this kind of thing lifts the boys.

Just look at what happened in 2004. Everyone was like freaking out.

I understand Ennis is more key as he is in a position that requires more polish than a front rower.

But the boys will lift.

Moses/Cook/Maitua will do their job.

Unlike some, I thought Reynolds did really well at hooker.

I'd put T-Rex at 5/8th to begin the game (to keep Hodko on the left) as the first 20 will be pretty hectic.

After 20 minutes, bring on Mybe. Same rotation for second half. Bring Mybe late in the halves after the brutal work has been done.?

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres no way Castle wouldve told the press hes a goner unless she was advised to if asked. Biggest mind games ever!! Love ya work Des!!! p

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ennis missed out on the GF in 2006 as well when the broncos won, would be pretty heart shattering if he does miss out
No it wouldn't.

There could be a pattern forming, you have Ennis in your team & he is out with injury & you win the GF.

HazElMagic

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No it wouldn't.

There could be a pattern forming, you have Ennis in your team & he is out with injury & you win the GF.
What are you on about? Of course it would be heart-breaking for him to miss out on this grand final after missing out on the '06 GF

Status
Not open for further replies.