Ennis on sterlo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I cant watch sterlo tonight! Can anyone fill me in on the Ennis interview?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much about nothing.

Talked about Sammy perret, talked about how we needed more ball control.

Sterlo put to him a question about predictability in attack and he said we need ball control blah blah.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Talked about Barney, talked about holding onto the ball, thinks Perrett is a good fb.

Didn't mention anything about his contract situation. You really didn't miss out on much.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh that is a bit of a let down..... matty johns would of put him on the spot with contract questions loll

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah it was stuff you could make up from the standard post match responses book.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Ball control is easy when you're not throwing anything unpredictable at the defence.

Considering we can't even get ball control right, and we don't throw anything unpredictable, it's a major worry.

Round 1, blah whatever - it happened all last year.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was asked if Brisbane performance was one that got away. He said we'd created enough opportunities in the second half to win the game, however coming back from 14-0 and a poor first half made it very difficult.

Spoke a fair bit about Tony Williams. He was asked by Matty Johns if T-Rex was frustrated with his form. Ennis mentioned it's very hard for Williams as teams in defense know how handle him now by generally making sure there's always at least 3 guys up in his face every time. Ennis mentioned that Tony Williams's form in the back end of last season wasn't too bad, and that he showed some good touches in last weeks game against Broncos. Used excuse that Bulldogs use very different style to Manly.

Spoke about our predictable attack, and reasoning for why our forwards don't pass as much. Ennis mentioned that it's very difficult when we don't have much possession and spend most of the game using petrol in defending set after set due to our own errors. Mentioned that we'd need to control the ball and possession before our "flashy" structure can come to fruition.

Believed that Perrett was long term solution at Fullback in 2014. Said trial form was really good at Fullback. Mentioned that his attacking form will increase as we control possession.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
How good was the Gallen miked up segment ? Those big hits sounded good

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How good was the Gallen miked up segment ? Those big hits sounded good
Yeah they did. Btw he is one wide mofo lol he has to have the biggest shoulders in the NRL right?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Reminded me why I stopped playing. lol

That was only 40min worth as well.
I was bit of a sadistic and loved the big hits lol

I used to get more happy dropping a bloke on his arse than scoring a try lol

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
The answers Mick gave was as expected. Let's just hope that he can hit some decent form this season.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was bit of a sadistic and loved the big hits lol

I used to get more happy dropping a bloke on his arse than scoring a try lol
LOL same here.

I'm talking more about sucking in the big ones like Gallen was the whole time. lol

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah after listening to those responses I no longer rate Ennis at all.

Our side has no football brains.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was asked typical questions you would ask a captain & he responded (always about other players & the teams form). They couldn't even ask what did he think of his personal form.

The interviewers were crap.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He lost me at trex played good during second half of last year and perret the long term solution to fb. Cant take the bloke seriously. Either dont answer the question or dont piss in our pockets.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just you're typical yes man ,that's why he's still captain

Pointless interview really.

N

Natboy

Yeah they did. Btw he is one wide mofo lol he has to have the biggest shoulders in the NRL right?
He's so bloody stocky and looks exactly like all Eisenhuth's (his mum Kerry's side) They all have the same stocky body, same chin & there are millions of them. Breed like rabbits! Chances are if you see some nuggety dwarf with a big chin it's one of them lol.
He actually does look like the G-train Beau does on the footy show

Status
Not open for further replies.