Ennis named at halfback again. WTFFFFFFFF!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why not sign a back up half such as blake green, scott dureau, michael dobson or ffs even arana tomato on the cheap before june 30 like other teams have just to atleast give urself a chance or shot at the win. It was over 2 months ago we knew grub and trent will be missing and we sat on our fat arses and did jack shiet!!!
we will get punped by 20 plus fri nyt and if in wrong il be the first ***** on here to say i was wrong but i am pretty sure i wont be.
from our ranks jaline graham would have done a good job at 7 and reni at 6

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why not sign a back up half such as blake green, scott dureau, michael dobson or ffs even arana tomato on the cheap before june 30 like other teams have just to atleast give urself a chance or shot at the win. It was over 2 months ago we knew grub and trent will be missing and we sat on our fat arses and did jack shiet!!!
we will get punped by 20 plus fri nyt and if in wrong il be the first ***** on here to say i was wrong but i am pretty sure i wont be.
from our ranks jaline graham would have done a good job at 7 and reni at 6
I guess we had Moses mbye as a bit of cover, but he got injured so when ur down to ur 4 and 5 choice halfs no club has that much depth, and guna struggle

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Beat Manly now.
It matters not.

Beat Manly in first week of finals.
Therein lies the real victory.

With luck, the bounce of the ball, a penalty or two our way ... who knows what might transpire.

Des naming Ennis at #7 sounds like one of his usual tricks from his bag-full.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much as I am sure we ALL hope you are right, we also haven't forgotten the last two results that a) involved Ennis at halfback and b) playing Manly when they are in the form they are.

Put it this way - you can have your pride and I'll offer you 5-1 odds on the Dogs winning the game and you can get on for a grand if you want. Happy to take your cash.

As I keep saying, I'd love to win every game all year but the only one that matters happens on the October long weekend and they are going better than us right at this moment in time. As long as we get them in the GF, I'm sweet.
Of course Manly are in better form than us during the origin period, we have been hit by Origin selections and injuries

how has Manly been affected since SOO1? They haven't, full strength squad and the 2 games DCE missed due to Origin, Manly had the bye on both occassions. This friday night will be the first time DCE will be missing

as i mentioned previoulsy our biggest defeat this year with a FULL STRENGTH TEAM was by a miserable 6 bloody points. Manly and the Roosters have been smashed with a full strength team.

Once Origin is completed we will still be in the top 4 and all the other teams will be packing shite once everybody is back.

For the supporters who are consistently nagging and bitching about Ennis @ 7 and Jackson @ 6 during this out of control period, just dont watch the game against Manly and go out and support the NSW Cup Side and just wait for the full strength NRL squad to be back.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course Manly are in better form than us during the origin period, we have been hit by Origin selections and injuries

how has Manly been affected since SOO1? They haven't, full strength squad and the 2 games DCE missed due to Origin, Manly had the bye on both occassions. This friday night will be the first time DCE will be missing

as i mentioned previoulsy our biggest defeat this year with a FULL STRENGTH TEAM was by a miserable 6 bloody points. Manly and the Roosters have been smashed with a full strength team.

Once Origin is completed we will still be in the top 4 and all the other teams will be packing shite once everybody is back.

For the supporters who are consistently nagging and bitching about Ennis @ 7 and Jackson @ 6 during this out of control period, just dont watch the game against Manly and go out and support the NSW Cup Side and just wait for the full strength NRL squad to be back.
Champ dont waste ur time defending ennis on this forum. Even If ennis pulls the rabbit out of the hat on friday he wont be given credit for and would still be called names.

This forum needs a bunny who the kennelers can bash the fck out.
First it was holdsworth, then we had ben roberts, keating and last year we had t rex.
I wonder who we will pick next year once ennis is gone.

KALB NISS WATEE

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My under 11s halfback is a freak and future nrl star. Too bad he supports parra and idolises jarryd hayne. We have won 3 consecutive grand finals in the canterbury junior league division 1 and id go as far as saying the kid has more creativity in his left toe than ennis has in his entire body.
if u dont believe me send me a priv msg and i can reply back our next gameday time and location and u can see for urself.
I do believe you. This kid must be a freak!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Champ dont waste ur time defending ennis on this forum. Even If ennis pulls the rabbit out of the hat on friday he wont be given credit for and would still be called names.

This forum needs a bunny who the kennelers can bash the fck out.
First it was holdsworth, then we had ben roberts, keating and last year we had t rex.
I wonder who we will pick next year once ennis is gone.
I have to agree..Win/lose/fail you can count on one thing..he'll be giving it 100%.. Go you good thing Captain Ennis!!!

camdendoggies

Waterboy
Reaction score
After all each club has a 25 man 1st grade squad as do we, I've been a doggies man for 33 years and counting however as has been the case for a number of years now our squad isn't performing as a squad, we have to few doing the job of too many! That's the reason hokko and grub are currently playing origin, that's no excuse and good on them, however if you are in a 1st squad you are considered a 1st grader and as such should step up to the mark! There in lyes our problem outside the 17 man usual team there isn't anybody stepping up! Our forward pack cannot be questioned however our back line leaves a lot to be desired even at full strength! We all know points have to be scored to win, and whilst a massive cliche defence wins matches that's not always the case! I think the doggies have performed this year better then they appear on paper and whilst it pains me to say it, I can't see this year ending much better then last year!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
CBB, Manly this year have had their fair share:
Foran - 6 weeks
G Stewart - 12 weeks and counting
B Stewart - 5 weeks
Lyon - 4 weeks
Jason King - 2 weeks
Taufua - 5 weeks
Watmough - 2 weeks, plus Origin, plus permanently injured with bicep
DCE - 2 weeks, plus Origin, plus playing busted with bad knee
Symonds - 9 weeks
Blair - 4 weeks

But yet they lead us on the table and will have beaten us twice come Saturday morning. My issue on this forum isn't people's passion, it's the excuses.
I can't stand Manly, but they are playing with more heart and courage than us right now. It shouldn't matter who plays halfback because Manly are going to be missing arguably the best half in the game on Friday night and we are supposed to have better forwards than them. We will see if that 'supposedly' rings true as I expect more than what I'm seeing at this moment in time.
They also lost to Tigers, almost lost to Newcastle and got absolutely smashed by Brisbane. We may not win against Manly this week but we have to at least put up a good fight and we have to win nearly every game from next week on to show that we want this premiership.

Karat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless Mbye is fit, I can't see any other option than Ennis at halfback..

Status
Not open for further replies.