Ennis injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big question is will Ennis rule himself out Early like Steve Price did to ensure preparation run smoothly for the team. I hope he plays.
No the big question is will Des make James Graham captain for the 1st time for the Grand Final just like Bobcat did 10 years ago.

Bupa for Captain!

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
mbye is a better defender than reynolds and he's quick too which would be good out of dummy half, i don't think we need to change up the spine too much because it will disrupt our play so reynolds should stay at 6

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
hope Ennis pulls up ok, he is a huge part of the defence up the middle, and, this is the last game in the blue and white he deserves..... one more win needed.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't stress this enough: please no Reynolds at hooker

Malla

Reaction score
Agree Reynolds sounds good at hooker but the amount of big men coming up the middle at him no way. I have no idea how to stop that, thank you Des better you than me come on doggies..driving home now after game can't stop smiling god it feels good
He still defends on the edges though. In the second half he was in at hooker in attack but in defence he was back out on the left hand side. We plug the middle with our lock forward or play with Dale defending in the centre.

What ever the case may be, if Ennis is out, this will bring the best out of Des's coaching ability.

anth2014

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hes hundred percent was precautionary hasler said hes sweet for final and reynolds is tubbish at hooker

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canterbury captain Michael Ennis missed the second half of his side's fighting 18-12 preliminary final win over Penrith with a foot injury, but has insisted he'll be right to play in next week's grand final against the Rabbitohs.
Ennis spent the entire second half on the sidelines with ice on his left foot, and the ice pack was still in place when he fronted the post-match press conference.
Asked how he was feeling, his coach Des Hasler interjected with an "I can answer that", to the laughs of the gathered journalists.
"Michael's fine. We pulled him off more precaution and he'll do everything in his power to take his place next Sunday."
Ennis concurred with his coach.
"I just caught it under the tackle with about five to go before half-time. I just wanted to get through to half-time to save us an interchange and got there. It was just a bit sore so we said we'll check it out and see how we go. A week's a long time in footy so I'll do everything I can [to be fit]."
Asked if he was in any pain, Ennis threw a sideways glance at his coach and asked "do you want to answer that?" adding it didn't feel too bad.
"I've had the ice on for about 40 minutes so I can't feel it."
Hasler was also asked his thought on whether on-report South Sydney hooker would take his place in the grand final after a lifting tackle on Sonny Bill Williams a night earlier.
"It's not my call. I'd think if he is graded then there's the possibility of the carry overs I think, I was reading somewhere today might become a factor but they'll fight it if he is charged, they'll fight it and he's got a fair chance of getting off," Hasler said.
"It just depends how they want to be with the consistency, it's not really our call."

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We'll have to wait a few days to see how Ennis pulls up. Until then, no point considering alternatives.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Any new news? Did he roll his ankle as I though?

Also how good was it seeing Graham captain the side for that time being, we beat the referees so good!

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any new news? Did he roll his ankle as I though?

Also how good was it seeing Graham captain the side for that time being, we beat the referees so good!
refs were trying to hard to get Panthers over the line ay

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big similarities to 2004 when Steve Price got injured in the GF Qualifier against the Panthers.

The below formation for me if Ennis isn't fit:

6. M. Mbye
7. T. Hodkinson
9. J. Reynolds
Was Price's last game for the dogs too, replacement captain lifted the trophy, could happen again this year

B

BoonReturns

Maitua should be hooker if Ennis is out. Reynolds was rubbish at hooker and touching the ball that much is sure to cost us the hame, plus he can't make 40 tackles. Mbye simply is not a hooker and like Reynolds doesn't have the fitness. Maitua is the best option, easily can make the tackles, decent passing game, makes very few mistakes.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can't stress this enough: please no Reynolds at hooker
there are some people that think that he was great at hooker tonight..fcuking lol. Service was rubbish and all he is worried about is trying to get a penalty and it just ends up killing the attack. Hopefully Ennis plays otherwise i don't know if anyone else is up to it. Best bet would be Reni i think, dunno about moses playing a full 80 at hooker.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Even Josh himself basically said he was shit at hooker.

mygdok

Waterboy
Reaction score
I would put Reni in at hooker. Knows how to tackle, has some playmaking skills, knows how to niggle

Status
Not open for further replies.