Ennis hopes Bulldogs become 'Manly-like'

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paint.

He never even said Manly-like, he just credited their style of play. Dumv journos

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
''I think the direction Des is going to take is the direction we've been needing as a club. Des is very astute, very disciplined and highly intelligent in the terms of the science that goes into preparing his team. His sides always play a direct style of football, they are very physical and are able to maintain that for the entire 80 minutes, whether that be the fitness side of things or the ability to compete for long periods of time without lapses.''

-This sounds like the Canterbury of old. We are only going back to where we should always have been.

Hog

The War Pig
Reaction score
Manly put on big hits and got in mad brawls, who doesn't want us to play like that? I call you gay!!!

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Article playing with words again. Ennis said nothing about us being "Manly-like".

And as others have said. Manly's style of play is very exciting. Far from boring like St Merge.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
actually this did happen in 2009

"we arent winning well" etc
But that's not doing well, that's doing averagely.

I mean, if we are playing a brand of football that is considered boring or unexciting by some, but being successful, then I'm sure we will not be complaining. Do you think St George fans give a crap how they played in 2010 when they won a premiership?

If you want to see 'exciting' play ahead of successful play, then you are probably a homosexual. Winning is the best thing about pretty much anything.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
But that's not doing well, that's doing averagely.

I mean, if we are playing a brand of football that is considered boring or unexciting by some, but being successful, then I'm sure we will not be complaining. Do you think St George fans give a crap how they played in 2010 when they won a premiership?

If you want to see 'exciting' play ahead of successful play, then you are probably a homosexual. Winning is the best thing about pretty much anything.
well then why do people love barba, he is the definition of a player who produces exciting but ultimately losing plays

the boring winning team of 2009 was decimated pretty quickly including the patten, hannant, roberts, holdsworth, hodgson, millard, hickey, armit, ryan, warburton and some retired like kimmorley and el masri, and if you ask most people on here they wanted that to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.