Ennis cleared of stomping in Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
its not when you are offering them out before you smack them in the head , most of the time they back down but when they dont you go toe to toe, i wasnt going to sit back idle if some one put a cheap shot on me
Me ... I'm grubby.

I'll sledge batters at cricket.
I'll stand on people's feet during corners in soccer, while standing in the penalty box.
I'll give you a face massage in a game of league just because.
I'll even give you the old Hopoate with a pool cue when it's your shot !

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Me ... I'm grubby.

I'll stand on people's feet during corners in soccer, while standing in the penalty box.
well you must of come across people who didnt put up with it - verbals dont even come into the picture

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Give it up bert. I played hard and fair and didnt need grubby tactics, I left that to the sore losers and cowards. And when they tried something grubby on me they copped a smack in the mouth.This is who I am and dont need to be called a muppet for having this belief. I Dont smack someone in the back of the head, I tap them on the shoulder look them in the eye and go toe to toe with them - if they deserve it
Most ruthless **** alive.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Holeee Crap....if we wanted a complete cleanskin to play hooker, we would have tried to sign Jesus or the Dalai Lama or something...I can see why Ennis causes controversy....but there wasd absolutely nothing in this...and without his spark and direction the blues looked a lot worse, so blaming the loss on one poor kick option is laughable...pleenty of blues players took worse options than that one throughout the game....but go ahead Matthew...you tell the naughty naughty man! Give him a piece of your mind...whatever happenned to integrity....tssssk

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
well you must of come across people who didnt put up with it - verbals dont even come into the picture
I got headbutted once (Jarryd Hayne style) by a dude with 3 fingers playing wicket keeper at Indoor - I couldn't stop laughing at him because they were supposed to smash us and weren't playing well, and he was going off like a firecracker.

He was all "get this **** out he's sh*t", and that sort of stuff, and finally he goes "What are you laughing at ? I'll fkn smash you !" ... so I went "Oh we can dance later, I'm busy kicking your teams arse !" ... he walked over, gave me a headbutt, AND IT WAS ORN !!!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to fight in cricket gloves ???

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me ... I'm grubby.

I plead guilty to all your honor.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Holeee Crap....if we wanted a complete cleanskin to play hooker, we would have tried to sign Jesus or the Dalai Lama or something...I can see why Ennis causes controversy....but there wasd absolutely nothing in this...and without his spark and direction the blues looked a lot worse, so blaming the loss on one poor kick option is laughable...pleenty of blues players took worse options than that one throughout the game....but go ahead Matthew...you tell the naughty naughty man! Give him a piece of your mind...whatever happenned to integrity....tssssk
No i want someone like Jason Hethrington to be our hooker - I dont like ennis as a player never have

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His kick was rubbish - but so was the chase and so was the defence that conceded a million metres in the set which Slater scored

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's your right mate...I just think you are making too much out of this incident...because i think it is very commonplace in footy...if everyone who does it is a grub, we don't have many cleanskins in NRL I think....Ennis is a grub, agreed...he'll even admit it (on the field) But as long as he isn't king hitting people or putting a few digits up the date Hoppa style I have no problem with it

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
kick was rubbish....no doubt....I just think he had a pretty good game overall and wasn't the only blue to produce a rubbish play last night...even Gallen produced one...at least Ennis was trying to do something and not sitting back watching like Soward.....it wasn't criticism of the kick that pissed me off...but blaming him for the loss is laughable...as I think you both (linebreak, capt kick...can see)

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
kick was rubbish....no doubt....I just think he had a pretty good game overall and wasn't the only blue to produce a rubbish play last night...even Gallen produced one...at least Ennis was trying to do something and not sitting back watching like Soward.....it wasn't criticism of the kick that pissed me off...but blaming him for the loss is laughable...as I think you both (linebreak, capt kick...can see)
Yeah sorry kennel Ennis didnt lose the game for us - but i was so pi ss ed off last night when he did that kick, my frustrations are still boiling over as you can see . thats what 5 series loses can do to a man. i suppose i went a bit over the top about the whole Ennis thing , being a dogs supporter it just makes me angry when he stuffs up , he seems like a good guy off the field - but if he just went about playing footy and not wasting brain thought on his next sledge - that could give him that extra quick thinking time to give him the extra edge he needs

Last edited by a moderator:

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
haha as most of us are both bulldogs and blues supporters here...I'm sure most understand your frustrations about losing...personally i think ennis is the second best hooker going round despite his rough edges, but it's only opinion exchange and a bit of fun

Line Break

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't blame Ennis for the loss

Brett "where's the ball" Morris
Jason Queen
Kade Snowman

Those players deserve much more blame

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
agreed.....we should just be thankful Ennis came on after 25 cause if young had've stayed out there the scoreboard would have looked a lot uglier

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Me ... I'm grubby.

I got headbutted once (Jarryd Hayne style) by a dude with 3 fingers playing wicket keeper at Indoor - I couldn't stop laughing at him because they were supposed to smash us and weren't playing well, and he was going off like a firecracker.

He was all "get this **** out he's sh*t", and that sort of stuff, and finally he goes "What are you laughing at ? I'll fkn smash you !" ... so I went "Oh we can dance later, I'm busy kicking your teams arse !" ... he walked over, gave me a headbutt, AND IT WAS ORN !!!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to fight in cricket gloves ???
I plead guilty to all your honor.
I'm pickin you for my team first ... I dont care if it's ping pong or bingo, I want players like you.
lmao gold. champagne :D

While match review committee chairman Greg McCallum said there was no doubt Ennis had "deliberately" put his foot on Cronk's leg, there was absolutely no evidence to support claims he had stomped on him.

"If it was stomping, we'd be talking about the possibility of a heavy suspension," McCallum told AAP shortly after reviewing the 36th-minute incident.

McCallum, a former top flight referee, said Ennis had put his foot on Cronk's lower leg and lost his balance, making the incident look worse than it probably was.

"Cronk didn't react, there was no sign of any injury and he got to his feet and went back into the next play.

"It was one of those incidents. It was a niggling incident by Ennis, designed to try and get some reaction."
cheers greggy. it wasn't a cool thing though. i don't mind the niggle, but that sort of thing is a bit over the line, 'for me' from a moral perspective

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely looked intentional. But I don't get what that bloke means about Cronk not noticing it, therefore meaning it wasn't a stomp. If Ennis intentionally punched him in the face, and Cronk didn't react, would it mean it wasn't a punch?

Ennis deliberately stomped on Cronk's calf.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
While match review committee chairman Greg McCallum said there was no doubt Ennis had "deliberately" put his foot on Cronk's leg, there was absolutely no evidence to support claims he had stomped on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.