Ennis an ineffective tackler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
i would like to know what there defenition of a ineffective tackle is.

this is just another one of those pointless stats like the one they had on MNF last night

"parramatta have only scored 10 points in the last 12mins of the first half this season" stupid

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like someone has a grudge. Bagging Ennis out in two different threads.
I don't have a grudge against ennis. i was excited when we signed him. It was a poor effort on poore, almost embarrasing in fact. and he didn't play well against brisbane.

At the start of the year, I was on record on this forum saying that I thought he should play origin over farah.... But i have flipped based on some costly things he does. He's still a qualilty hooker imo, just needs to work on a few things in his game.

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The_General

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't have a grudge against ennis. i was excited when we signed him. It was a poor effort on poore, almost embarrasing in fact. and he didn't play well against brisbane.

At the start of the year, I was on record on this forum saying that I thought he should play origin over farah.... But i have flipped based on some costly things he does. He's still a qualilty hooker imo, just needs to work on a few things in his game.
Fair enough. I thought you were bagging him for the sake of it. I do agree he has things to work on.

He seems to make most of his wrong decisions after we make a break. Either going the wrong way or putting in a poor kick. I think he needs to trust Noddy a bit more and look for him after we make a break since it would be easier to see where the space is from halfback then from hooker.

In saying all that I wouldn't trade him for any other hooker. His style of play suits us perfectly.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair enough. I thought you were bagging him for the sake of it. I do agree he has things to work on.

He seems to make most of his wrong decisions after we make a break. Either going the wrong way or putting in a poor kick. I think he needs to trust Noddy a bit more and look for him after we make a break since it would be easier to see where the space is from halfback then from hooker.

In saying all that I wouldn't trade him for any other hooker. His style of play suits us perfectly.
Yes he is good for us... he'd be number 3 hooker in the comp behind Smith and Farrah.

I think he gets overexcited when we're on the attack, and has a tendency to go blind side too often, without looking the other way.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Its a percentage, but compare it over actual game time

He plays 80 minutes of football every week, so he is exposed to missing more tackles

he has to battle alot more fatigue then other hookers
that's a good point u raise, and also we have good cover defence, in the eveny that someone missess a tackle, ususally we clean it up afterewards, and the other point i'd like to high light, is out of those ineffective tackles, how many have actually directly lead to a try or points scored for the opposition? possibly none or very little.

DOGGYDOGG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ennis can't tackle using his left shoulder - made to look like a turnstile against the Dragons for the Poore try and again against Newcastle. Needs to address it big time. Probably why he was overlooked for origin.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
that's a good point u raise, and also we have good cover defence, in the eveny that someone missess a tackle, ususally we clean it up afterewards, and the other point i'd like to high light, is out of those ineffective tackles, how many have actually directly lead to a try or points scored for the opposition? possibly none or very little.
I agree, I raise a good point :p

M

mofo sixx

These stats mean nothing when they don't tell you what an ineffective tackle is classed as. And looking at those, Ennis' stats aren't that bad compared to every other position, especially when you take into account that defending in the middle means he has to make more tackles then most.
the stats speak for themselves

phelps_fan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah he does miss some, but he does make up for some of it it attack.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Best attacking hooker in the comp, wouldnt swap him for any other hooker!

Quillen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^^LOL Bakes...

Your sig is such a "Talk to the Hand" pic... hehe

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Its a percentage, but compare it over actual game time

He plays 80 minutes of football every week, so he is exposed to missing more tackles

he has to battle alot more fatigue then other hookers
i dont agree because he does play 80 minutes but he doesnt do too much in defence, i havent taken a look at recent stats but he was averaging only 25-30 tackles a game

where hughes would play for only 60 minutes and he would get through to almost 40 tackles

so ennis controls himself and doesnt really go all out in a supermanesque effort

he is sometimes ineffective but we didnt really get him for his defence

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ennis' hair line speaks for itself.

Was that nick pick enough?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeah he always misses a few. As does Noddy. But we've been over this tonnes of times and how missed tackles/effective tackles stats etc can be very misleading and overrrated stats because alot of the time these missed tackles don't mean anything with certain players like Ennis and Noddy because the first contact is so good someone else will come in and finish off the tackle, so no harm done.
On the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.