News Enjoyment and fun the focus for Georgallis

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds a lot more intelligent than pay ..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of SG but this season is fucked so let them have fun.

Them having fun may lead to wins and especially strengthen bonding.
The only players having fun will be the teams playing us.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stevie G has had 4 days to mould this team so he can’t really do much this week

‘Have fun’ to me is him telling the team, break the shackles and attack what you see, no more block play forward lead attack and more basic - let the halves dictate play

I have a feeling we will see a much better performance today and Stevie G is probably going to achieving more in 4 days than Pay did in a whole off season

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Focus on actually winning would be better.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thank God Georgallis is finally head coach. He has the best and most holistic understanding of the situation and as such is giving the players the best chance at winning.

Stepping back and letting the players formulate a win is the best plan anyone can make for us at this point. .

These guys are competitors of an elite level and not robots who are given instructions that don't work ....
If I'm understanding the reason behind ' letting them have fun' it's because it shows respect to the players and their professionalism.. And as such Georgallis has assumed a third party role of consultant, advisor and support person .

Things are looking up

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay = run hard and tackle hard
Georgallis = run hard, tackle hard and have fun
We are already one step ahead lol
Exactly. Those simple "run hard, tackle hard" instructions to RFM as virtually his whole "simplified" game plan didn't give me a lot of confidence in Pay. Georgallis sounds like he's going back more to the way the team played late the last 2 seasons. As that worked I could never understand why Pay would deviate away from it. Maybe he was focusing too much on trying to win position on the field for the right to attack. Only thing was by the time the boys got in position downfield they'd forgotten how to attack - they were too used to playing safe with no support runners or decoys. If we suddenly start playing well it just demonstrates perfectly that Pay was out of his depth as a first grade coach.