Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
no idea why he took haaland off either surely he could of had haaland and Alvarez on at the same time.

we're in a similar boat we always try to walk the goal in with tap ins
Haaland was useless all game because he couldn't get a touch, so I understand taking him off. But we needed De Bruyne at the end and in the shoot out

Reaction score
Fuck City are a frustrating team sometimes with Peps refusal to mix things up. Dominate the game, have 33 shots, 70% possession and 18 corners to 1 but can't get a goal because they refuse to ever take shots from outside the box or get aerial crosses in to try something different.

I hate penalties to decide big games. Always have. But City can't complain with all of the possession they have and how little they did with it.

I also have no idea why he took De Bruyne off for Kovacic. I know who I'd rather have on for the last 10 minutes and to take a penalty.
You didn't see the big ass bus being parked in the goal for 130 minutes ? They did fine... De Bruyne fucked the second goal. He just needed to tap it in.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You didn't see the big ass bus being parked in the goal for 130 minutes ? They did fine... De Bruyne fucked the second goal. He just needed to tap it in.
Of course I did. Even more reason to not roll every pass along the ground when they were blocking and deflecting everything and despite the dominance, there were very few clear cut chances because of it. It's a recurring issue with City when they lose big games.

De Bruyne's miss was the best chance. And Foden should have done better with the pass from Silva but he mistimed it.. Aside from that, there were very few genuine chances for a team that had 70% of the ball and 33 shots.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Man city will be filthy with that and Arsenal are bottle jobs. City to win it for the 4th year if they’re found guilty of any charges it’s gonna make the prem look like pansy pricks. Liverpools PED’s stopped working need a top up.
Better than watching rashford every week I suppose.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
typical the refs don't give a penalty against city....

was a clear cut handball from grealish

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Leicester seem near certain to get promotion with only 3 games left. Ipswich seem like the other club to get automatic promotion..

Leeds, Southampton, West Brom and Norwich should be the playoff teams.

I'm happy QPR should stay up and Sheffield Wednesday had a big win to lift them out of the relegation spots for the first time all season. Hopefully they stay up..

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
just seen those non penalty calls that Forrest should have had, like what's the point of var if they dont intervene and tell the ref to have a look at the monitor.

the 1st and 3rd penalty shouts were clear cut pens.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
just seen those non penalty calls that Forrest should have had, like what's the point of var if they dont intervene and tell the ref to have a look at the monitor.

And Ashley Young was involved in all 3. I thought the handball was clear cut.. As was the last one where he tackled the player from behind. The first one could have been given but it was pretty minor and less clear cut.

Either way they should have at least 1 if not 2 of those. Smaller clubs like them keep getting hammered with bad calls or non calls.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

The club tweeted about those non penalty calls snd the FA will investigate them.
They should be investigating the referee and VAR .

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The club tweeted about those non penalty calls snd the FA will investigate them.
They should be investigating the referee and VAR .
didnt they also complain that the person in var is a Luton fan

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
4 points clear of city now, though they have 2 games in hand.

just need city to drop points and we should win the league

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Liverpool are a farce, it's all over for them. A comedy cup for Klopp's farewell that even Ten Hag won last season.

Last edited:

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How do you lose to Everton, Palace and draw to that crap United team? Talk about bottling the title when destiny in is your hands.

That was a slippy G moment, as soon as the title was in their hands they slipped again.