Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Thiago is the biggest scam I swear I haven’t seen him play since that volley he scored against porto 2 years ago
didn't even know he had hip surgery, sounds like he might be back late Jan mid Feb if there's no setbacks

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
nope we're finished we had 25 shots and we couldn't even get one in if we dont get a striker in January than its curtains for us for the league
You paid overs for Jesus to get a striker and he's missing open headers from 5 yards out.
Even Richy would've scored that (if he wasn't offside of course)

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You paid overs for Jesus to get a striker and he's missing open headers from 5 yards out.
Even Richy would've scored that (if he wasn't offside of course)
jesus isn't that tall enough to score those headers which is why we're after toney, though I can't see us getting a striker in January

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Huh?
Wtf would spurs do that?
We hoping Nice don't extend Todibo or if they do, looking at Dragusin from Genoa.
We also need a proper no 8 so hoping big ange has some pull for transfers
Never said they would, just saying that everyone has a price. And if someone offered the kind of cash for Gomez where I could get 2 or 3 replacements of similar quality, I'd take it in a flash.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
No. Not at this stage with the injuries we have. At the end of the season? Potentially, but not now
Matip and the 2 left backs. So we good at CB atm and we've never had a RB anyways. You don't think if the $$$'s were right you couldn't replace Gomez in the window?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Matip and the 2 left backs. So we good at CB atm and we've never had a RB anyways. You don't think if the $$$'s were right you couldn't replace Gomez in the window?
Matip is out for the year. Tsimi is close to being out for the year. Robbo won't be back till Feb. Konate is injury prone. We've got no backup for Trent.

Would be madness to replace him now as it always takes time for players to find their feet under Klopp, and in Jan they'd have no time to acclimatise.

No way would we sell now and I agree

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Matip is out for the year. Tsimi is close to being out for the year. Robbo won't be back till Feb. Konate is injury prone. We've got no backup for Trent.

Would be madness to replace him now as it always takes time for players to find their feet under Klopp, and in Jan they'd have no time to acclimatise.

sell Gomez and get that sporting cb inacio problem solved

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
sell Gomez and get that sporting cb inacio problem solved
That would be madness imo and not that simple.

Gomez is playing brilliantly ATM.

Slots in at RB, CB and LB so is really helping out the team a lot.

As hyped up as Inacio is, he can't cover those positions so we'd need to buy someone else to cover RB.

Plus, there's no guarantees that he'd succeed.

It shouldn't be about "Which player can we sell to get this player in"..

Instead, we should bring an Inacio level player in no matter what.

Gomez can't leave the club. And he won't.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

well - I disagree. there's some serious LBs you could possibly pick up on the cheap. and I don't think its as difficult to get into the klopp system unless you're a mid or a forward. Gosens would be cheap and functional. Spinazzola might be doable with Roma going backwards. Raum would be another TAA level defender but attacking wise would be awesome. Splash a bit on Netz.

if the $$$'s were right for Gomez, you could possibly do any of the above and have money left over.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
villa are so lucky lmao. Need a dodgy pen to take all 3 points against fucking Burnley. Title contenders my ass

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
well - I disagree. there's some serious LBs you could possibly pick up on the cheap. and I don't think its as difficult to get into the klopp system unless you're a mid or a forward. Gosens would be cheap and functional. Spinazzola might be doable with Roma going backwards. Raum would be another TAA level defender but attacking wise would be awesome. Splash a bit on Netz.

if the $$$'s were right for Gomez, you could possibly do any of the above and have money left over.
Nah. Not midseason mate and considering his current / our current form.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be fair it was a pretty late goal that did them at forest.
Nearly got a draw, bless 'em