Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
more good players for the Manchester teams to pinch off you
So true. Saka’s name has come up numerous times as a potential target for “bigger “ clubs. And when I say bigger Im referring to clubs that are play CL and spend big bucks on players.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So true. Saka’s name has come up numerous times as a potential target for “bigger “ clubs. And when I say bigger Im referring to clubs that are play CL and spend big bucks on players.
Really wanted Liverpool to get him. We were close in all honesty. Can't see him staying at Arsenal if they don't start winning things.

Way it is really. Trophies and champions league. Without that you're not going to keep your top players imo

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
im sure we'll get back into the champions league again within the next 2 seasons
Arsenal have to be smarter with their recruitment... too many passengers, too soft... for all of Arsenal's technique, style and flair during the first half of Wenger's reign, there was steel in the teams - Adams, Keown, Sol Campbell, Vieira, Kolo Toure, Petit, Ashley Cole etc.

you also see with the likes of Southampton and Leicester City being able to sign quality performers, put together quality squads, on a budget

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Really wanted Liverpool to get him. We were close in all honesty. Can't see him staying at Arsenal if they don't start winning things.

Way it is really. Trophies and champions league. Without that you're not going to keep your top players imo
Players want to win titles and play champions league football. That’s why Kane became unsettled at Spurs and wanted out.
Saka is still young but I’m certain his manager will get in his head and encourage to move to a “bigger”club so he can get his nice commission on the transfer fee. These player managers are sharks.
Same happened with us and Sterling, his manager pushed for him to leave us for Man City in order to play in a successful football team.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anyway , Arteta is better than Ole who is not better than Steve Bruce who is not better than Alan Curbishley :tearsofjoy:

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
big clubs win big trophies... something Arsenal have not done in a long time

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
big clubs win big trophies... something Arsenal have not done in a long time
Wenger built a magical football team ( invincibles) but he stayed on longer than he should have. What he built he actually destroyed towards the end of his tenure hence why they havent been successful for a while .

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wenger built a magical football team ( invincibles) but he stayed on longer than he should have. What he built he actually destroyed towards the end of his tenure hence why they havent been successful for a while .
Wenger did not have the money to compete and so, everything fell apart in the second half of his reign... and it ain't like Emery and Arteta (yet) have set North London alight since

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Players want to win titles and play champions league football. That’s why Kane became unsettled at Spurs and wanted out.
Saka is still young but I’m certain his manager will get in his head and encourage to move to a “bigger”club so he can get his nice commission on the transfer fee. These player managers are sharks.
Same happened with us and Sterling, his manager pushed for him to leave us for Man City in order to play in a successful football team.
It's the way it is unfortunately.

The gap between the top 3 plus Newcastle is only going to get bigger imo. Tho, Liverpool will be interesting and seeing if we spend money that we don't have ...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyway , Arteta is better than Ole who is not better than Steve Bruce who is not better than Alan Curbishley :tearsofjoy:
Anyone is better than Ole. Let's be honest.

The funny thing I see is how much his man management has been talked up. How he brings togetherness to the club. Etc etc

Bailey. Beek. Pogba. Cavanni. All wanting out.

Maguire and Shaw punching on.

Ronaldo not putting in a shift for his team..

He did well Ole in getting the club back to be within striking distance of the top. But, he's gotta walk

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All is see is some PE teacher spamming this thread? I'm guessing he is the one complaining?
Would seem that way mate. It's fine to do that tho, everyone has a right to talk to the mods.

What I don't like is the hypocrisy as you say. Not once did we bitch to the mods when they did it.

Anyway. What can you do?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wenger did not have the money to compete and so, everything fell apart in the second half of his reign... and it ain't like Emery and Arteta (yet) have set North London alight since
They were regular CL participants . Standard 25 million euros revenue. They obviously couldn’t compete with Chelsea and both Manchester clubs but money was coming in.
I guess the building the new Emirates stadium was their priority but revenue would have increased once completed.
I think Wenger stayed too long.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They were regular CL participants . Standard 25 million euros revenue. They obviously couldn’t compete with Chelsea and both Manchester clubs but money was coming in.
I guess the building the new Emirates stadium was their priority but revenue would have increased once completed.
Is say the same about Fergie. Stayed a little too long and should've left earlier to help club transition.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wenger became too stubborn towards the end and there was a deliberate shift to the more technical football of a Fabregas type player over the necessary strength Vieira and Petit provided

part of Arsenal getting the money to build the Emirates from the banks was a commitment from Wenger to stay on as manager