Soccer English Premier League Banter Thread

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's nothing more to it, it's just Ronaldo being Ronaldo and not being able to accept he isn't the player he once was. His inability to accept this has basically destroyed his legacy.
maybe but I think there's more to it behind the scenes with the board and management

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not often I'm left speechless but I'm absolutely gobsmacked right now. Just stunned.

Ronaldo has just given the most damning interview where he completely rips apart the great Man United and there's not boo to be said by United supporters on here. Nothing.

Sorry. The great @coach actually supports it and blames management ...

I just don't get it? Am I missing something?

I don't care if he's got a point or not, you don't do that. Never. Especially to the club that made you.

I hope Fergie comes out publically and destroys him and his legacy as it's bullshit for a professional footballer to come out and do that.

How can United supporters not be pissed off about this?

I'm just absolutely stunned at people on here
We should be talking about young Garnacho .... instead the PRIMA DONNA talking shit takes center stage.

Ronaldo decided he wanted out ONE day before pre-season, claiming he needed Champions League, despite knowing we hadn't qualified for at least THREE months.

The only reason he is still here is because no one wanted him, but somehow it is United's fault !

Agree .... totally mind-blowing fans are defending him .... all heart no head being used.

Not surprised in the least it has come to this.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We should be talking about young Garnacho .... instead the PRIMA DONNA talking shit takes center stage.

Ronaldo decided he wanted out ONE day before pre-season, claiming he needed Champions League, despite knowing we hadn't qualified for at least THREE months.

The only reason he is still here is because no one wanted him, but somehow it is United's fault !

Agree .... totally mind-blowing fans are defending him .... all heart no head being used.

pretty sure there were offers last transfer window but united decided to keep him for some reason

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Good young player that. You'd hope you'll keep him?

I'm still just stunned that people are defending Ronaldo. Come on. He's gone to Piers the biggest **** out there and done a full interview on the matter.

He's torn apart the club, the management, supporters, players ... for what reason?

The best of United? Fuck off. He's just doing what he's always done. Taken care of himself.

As you say.

The world should be talking about Garnacho instead we're talking about this hack.

Every person on here with half a brain questioned his signing. Surprise surprise that those who were taking him up are either completely silent or saying nothing against him.

Crazy mate. Just when you boys are starting to look decent ... enough ... And getting some kind of consistency

The world should be talking about Garnacho not him.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
pretty sure there were offers last transfer window but united decided to keep him for some reason
From who ? .... no one wanted to pony up the wages for a former great on his last legs.

I am of the opinion United would have GLADLY let him go.

The team turned to shit last season from the moment he arrived.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From who ? .... no one wanted to pony up the wages for a former great on his last legs.

It's refreshing seeing a United supporter calling it for how it is.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

wasn't chelsea and napoli interested? I know wages were an issue for napoli

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wasn't chelsea and napoli interested? I know wages were an issue for napoli
Paper talk about Chelsea. I think it would have happened if serious.

The dude publicly stated he wanted out before a ball was kicked this season .... doubt even United would want to keep a diva in decline, who didn't fit the system, with a new coach at the helm.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good young player that. You'd hope you'll keep him?

I'm still just stunned that people are defending Ronaldo. Come on. He's gone to Piers the biggest **** out there and done a full interview on the matter.

He's torn apart the club, the management, supporters, players ... for what reason?

The best of United? Fuck off. He's just doing what he's always done. Taken care of himself.

As you say.

The world should be talking about Garnacho instead we're talking about this hack.

Every person on here with half a brain questioned his signing. Surprise surprise that those who were taking him up are either completely silent or saying nothing against him.

Crazy mate. Just when you boys are starting to look decent ... enough ... And getting some kind of consistency

The world should be talking about Garnacho not him.
half of his comments are valid though... the only problem is he shouldn't have done it as an interview whilst still contracted with the club.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
half of his comments are valid though... the only problem is he shouldn't have done it as an interview whilst still contracted with the club.
I think all of his comments are valid. There's no hiding from that.

But you don't do that in public halfway through the season and with so many comments against the manager, players and supporters.

That's the point for me. You can't do that, especially not him who's the symbol of United.

Disaster of a signing. Can't believe so many on here still have their heads in the sand and refuse to call him out for this?

Bizarre

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think all of his comments are valid. There's no hiding from that.

But you don't do that in public halfway through the season and with so many comments against the manager, players and supporters.

That's the point for me. You can't do that, especially not him who's the symbol of United.

Disaster of a signing. Can't believe so many on here still have their heads in the sand and refuse to call him out for this?

Bizarre
well the man united thread has been pretty quiet with all the ronaldo drama.

will be interesting to see what happens after the world cup. I reckon ronaldo will end up in the MLS league, cant see any of the top European leagues wanting to sign him now

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
well the man united thread has been pretty quiet with all the ronaldo drama.

will be interesting to see what happens after the world cup. I reckon ronaldo will end up in the MLS league, cant see any of the top European leagues wanting to sign him now
Blah. We all know that a majority of the United fans over there just blow hot air and go hiding when things don't go their way. So, it's no real surprise no one is really saying anything apart from @billy beane tho they did accuse him of being a troll for speaking his mind ...

Surely there's no way Ronaldo can continue at United though? If anything, it's going to be really beneficial to their playing group as they'll be brought closer together from this I reckon?

MLS is probably the only way to go? Has been cooked as a player these past few years so I doubt any European teams will want him.

At least it finally puts to be bed the age odl Messi vs Ronaldo debate. There's only one GOAT and it ain't Ronaldo that's for sure!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fair to say Ronaldo has played his last game for the club. Gave myself a day to process it all and this is how I see it.

It was disgraceful to come out against the manager the way he did. Im not bothered about the Rooney/Neville comments, but he should not have dragged ETH in all this, the guy has been in the job 5 minutes.

Im not going to completely drag Ronaldo, he has clearly lost his head and I dont know to what extent the loss of a child, other one being in ICU and his mother suffering a stroke all in the space of 3 months has contributed to what seems like a meltdown. Its why im just going to tread carefully until the full interview comes out tomorrow. Theres a big difference between being frustrated on the pitch and having what seems like a complete mental breakdown.

Im glad he dragged the Glazers in with him on his way down. But his agent needs to get control of him and whatever his next moves are before he completely starts to alienate himself from the world of football.

In time he will still be looked at as a United legend, Roy Keane is and he has slammed the greatest figure at our club in multiple books and interviews. Ronaldo won a Ballon D'or here for christ sake.

Genuinely gutted that he did this though and no doubt he needs to just be released from his contract before the restart of the season as ETH is building something here and this is just not needed right not.

Strong rumours from reputable sources are saying PSG and Bayern are interested. Bayern have already held meetings with him and his agent and are hoping he is ready to go for them in January. Can see him going there for 18 months.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Blah. We all know that a majority of the United fans over there just blow hot air and go hiding when things don't go their way. So, it's no real surprise no one is really saying anything apart from @billy beane tho they did accuse him of being a troll for speaking his mind ...

Surely there's no way Ronaldo can continue at United though? If anything, it's going to be really beneficial to their playing group as they'll be brought closer together from this I reckon?

MLS is probably the only way to go? Has been cooked as a player these past few years so I doubt any European teams will want him.

At least it finally puts to be bed the age odl Messi vs Ronaldo debate. There's only one GOAT and it ain't Ronaldo that's for sure!
He would still easily perform in most of the top 5 European leagues, can see him going France or Germany.

Messi was the same on his way out of Barca, claimed the club "pushed him out", "hurt him before he left for PSG" and claimed they lied to him and the media about his departure. Football fans are fickle and Ronaldos legacy wont be tarnished beyond repair.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He would still easily perform in most of the top 5 European leagues.

Messi was the same on his way out of Barca, claimed the club "pushed him out", "hurt him before he left for PSG" and claimed they lied to him and the media about his departure. Football fans are fickle and Ronaldos legacy wont be tarnished beyond repair.
Exactly mate, Messi told multiple sources that they lied and treated him like rubbish and pushed him out
But hey, he wasn’t playing for Man United either
No difference
I do have a good laugh tho