Embattled Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo says he’s trying to “change behaviours”

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If the players can't handle this so called punishment for being late when they are paid a lot of money compared to others in the real world who are 9-5 5-6 days a week and on their toes/struggling then they can fuck off...

Most of these players will never see this type of money or have it this easy once they are done with footy, they can leave now and go enjoy being a labourer or brickie in the real world as most of them only have that much brain capacity for said jobs...
Labourers and brickies work hard and start early. Anyone winging about training will eventually be lining up at centrelink.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's exactly the Penrith system then I'll be happy. If it's his system, then we are fucked going off his selections, positions and rotations.
I’ve been critical of him for selections thinking he is picking pets but seems like it’s more him not wanting to reward the whingers

Time will tell he has bought himself more time with his strong stance today I’m convinced there is a group trying to sabotage from within

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last thing he should be doing is making the details of his systems and tactics public. And we have to remember that he is a rookie NRL coach and entered a shit show. As he said in the presser, he will get a review at the end of the season like everyone else. He will be better next year.
I may be overly optimistic (as lots of fans I struggle to be rational about the Buldogs) but I’m all in on CC and Gus. I think we are on a winner!
Gives us better insight into the shitshow he is dealing with

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Labourers and brickies work hard and start early. Anyone winging about training will eventually be lining up at centrelink.
They do work hard yes I don't deny that but most footy players once done if still able are only good for physical work or some bs fitness training jobs as most of them don't have other skills, I have seen plenty usually resort to these type of jobs as they have high turn overs and are easy to get into.

I work as a mechanical engineer and deal with plenty of types of workers/tradies and lets be honest, some of them are as dumb as bricks or are just meat heads just like footy players...

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And if someone is throwing the term mental illness out when it’s just a hissy fit, then shame on you.

If there is a real mental health issue then there should be a support system in place to ensure both parties have a positive outcome (team and individual).

Obviously the players well-being should always be number 1, but if the NRL don’t have a way to make sure clubs are not decimated by players on big salaries miss using the term in certain circumstances, then we could open a can of worms that will impact the entire game.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh Terry Lamb in his last 5 years barely trained due to his buggered knees and other injuries. If any of our players can perform like him i dont care if they spend all week at the pub.
Apparently still use to run for 14km

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
maybe skelton is one of the players complaining and that’s why we haven’t seen him?
There seems to be a common theme amongst the complaining players rumoured - Skelton fits the mould lol

We’ll know for sure if Gus flicks him over Summer.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I've never been his biggest fan (lol) but if he started here like he did today I would of been his biggest fan.

We are dealing with soyboys pretending to be men, they need a hard arse father figure coach.
Why many thought Flanno Snr would be that tough coach to drive standards. If CC can get the best outa these guys then we got the coach we need.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
maybe skelton is one of the players complaining and that’s why we haven’t seen him?
If this is like most work places, once some of the main players in question are no longer with the club you will see some of the players that were just sheep and following the path of taking it easy either change to the new normal or leave/pushed out.

In saying this, we are just speculating on some of these players and trying to join the dots ATM.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There seems to be a common theme amongst the complaining players rumoured - Skelton fits the mould lol

it would make sense. and 19th man so he gets no game time for either team… just a guess. maybe he’s pissed off at the fact he hasn’t been picked and he’s gone into complaining. who knows. assuming sutton and rfm are the other two, there’s 1 more we can all take guesses on

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this is like most work places, once some of the main players in question are no longer with the club you will see some of the players that were just sheep and following the path of taking it easy either change to the new normal or leave/pushed out.

In saying this, we are just speculating on some of these players and trying to join the dots ATM.
100%, nobody knows for sure - especially me. i’m not alleging, just connecting dots. could be way off though

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Maybe so. It just didn't make sense with his great game against Penrith in particular to be shunned like he "apparently" has.
Hopefully it is about easing him in for next year rather than this messy year.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’ve been critical of him for selections thinking he is picking pets but seems like it’s more him not wanting to reward the whingers

Time will tell he has bought himself more time with his strong stance today I’m convinced there is a group trying to sabotage from within
Im hoping CC is actually a hard arse and not just acting.