Embattled Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo says he’s trying to “change behaviours”

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Who says he doesnt? Ive personally seen CC jump into training drills numerous times whilst the players give it to him.

We have a gooden, let this man build his squad around his systems!
If I can give the assistant some time I'm sure everyone else can lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe Skelton is part of the attitude problem?

We just need to step back here and realise that there are termites within the club that CC is trying to weed out. Clearly there are a number of players who aren't buying into what we're looking to do ...

Every man and his dog has been asking why certain players haven't been getting more of a chance, Skelton included. I think we've got our answer
If Skelton had an attitude problem then he wouldn't be 19th man every week. He'd just be banished to Reserves and nowhere near the FG squad if that was the case.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Skelton had an attitude problem then he wouldn't be 19th man every week. He'd just be banished to Reserves and nowhere near the FG squad if that was the case.
Have the 8+ players that were in that text and come out against the club all been banished? I don't think that's the case.

It's been our worst year in living memory, we've had a shitload of injuries. But Skelton still can't make the 1st grade side even though he's apparently done ok in ressies?

We'll see in the next week or two imo as it'll become very clear who's going to stay and who won't. I predict he won't be there

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I love that fronted up today. He is setting standards and holding them firm. The club needs to power not the players
Yes, looks like (not before time) they are at last sending a clear message about expectations going forward. Those that are not up for it will soon be weeded out quick smart. We will soon see who falls away.
Gotta say this sounds like the first real positive step to lay a good foundation for ‘24, after such a dismal season. Go for it Cam.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Have the 8+ players that were in that text and come out against the club all been banished? I don't think that's the case.

It's been our worst year in living memory, we've had a shitload of injuries. But Skelton still can't make the 1st grade side even though he's apparently done ok in ressies?

We'll see in the next week or two imo as it'll become very clear who's going to stay and who won't. I predict he won't be there
Some shit ***** have already left, some shit ***** have signed somewhere else, some shit ***** won't be resigned.

Just to add it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Burton was one of the soft *****.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he does get rid of the weak ***** that's great. But what system is he trying to get them to buy into?

Penrith system or his own system?
Going by what we’ve recruited I believe it’s the Penrith system ..

I get that it probably makes sense to try and copy the best standards in the league, and I’d love to see our team winning like that … but if it doesn’t work I think the crash is going to be Hindenburg ugly ..

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well the obvious answer is CC is a lost **** based on his selections, positions and rotations.

Skelton was in beast mode against Penrith and Brisbane, team 1 and 2.

Since both Gus and CC said they have plans for him, im guessing Gus doesn't want him with a bunch of lazy fucks trying to learn league defences.

Even our "leaders" and "seniors" are playing like bitches. It's fkn toxic and Gus wants to protect the pups with potential. Could explain why KO has been MIA from FG too.
Yeah I agree. CC mentioned the Jersey Flegg players in his press conference today saying these guys will be the future.

I think that's why KO is playing Flegg now, hopefully to build combinations and spirit with guys like Papalii, Mazzone, O'Neill, Hopoi and Marshall etc so these guys can come through the grades together and hopefully build a winning mentality when some of them hit first grade in a few years time

Throw in Preston, Morrin, Edwards, Skelton and Wilson and that's a good group of youngsters coming through

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
ciraldo should be forced to wrestle 12 guys when he makes a dumb decision, this will improve his brain standards
"I'd like to see thaat" lol

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I am still not a CC fan but I'm extremely happy he is not putting up with shit. They know who it is so just move on him or anyone else for that matter.

I'm prepared to give him one more season and hope he can get some good results next year. I know its a long process and it take time but as a Dogs fan we have heard that like for the past 6-7 years.

Under all the turmoil and getting smashed by the media if they current players don't lift for this game then I cant see them lifting for game one next year....
How these guys respond on Sunday will tell us more.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Some shit ***** have already left, some shit ***** have signed somewhere else, some shit ***** won't be resigned.

Just to add it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Burton was one of the soft *****.
Burton has looked completely uninterested lately. As our captain and one of our "stars" his effort levels have been atrocious. I can't help but think he is a big part of our problem at the moment, his defence has been pathetic. If your captain is not having a go in defence then why would the others have a dig?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. CC mentioned the Jersey Flegg players in his press conference today saying these guys will be the future.

I think that's why KO is playing Flegg now, hopefully to build combinations and spirit with guys like Papalii, Mazzone, O'Neill, Hopoi and Marshall etc so these guys can come through the grades together and hopefully build a winning mentality when some of them hit first grade in a few years time

Throw in Preston, Morrin, Edwards, Skelton and Wilson and that's a good group of youngsters coming through
Who coaching Flegg ??

dawso047

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Which players won't be here next year: I'm saying Alamoti, Burns, Casey, Flannagan, Okunbor, Pele, Thompson, Waddell, Sutton, Tanner, Averillo, Topine and maybe RFM and Skelton. Close to half the top 30, Tanner I have included even though he is not top 30.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If the players can't handle this so called punishment for being late when they are paid a lot of money compared to others in the real world who are 9-5 5-6 days a week and on their toes/struggling then they can fuck off...

Most of these players will never see this type of money or have it this easy once they are done with footy, they can leave now and go enjoy being a labourer or brickie in the real world as most of them only have that much brain capacity for said jobs...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I was impressed by Ciraldo today.

I'm convinced that he's the man to get this club back on track.
I've never been his biggest fan (lol) but if he started here like he did today I would of been his biggest fan.

We are dealing with soyboys pretending to be men, they need a hard arse father figure coach.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Which players won't be here next year: I'm saying Alamoti, Burns, Casey, Flannagan, Okunbor, Pele, Thompson, Waddell, Sutton, Tanner, Averillo, Topine and maybe RFM and Skelton. Close to half the top 30, Tanner I have included even though he is not top 30.
Skelton and Sutton are contracted, however I think Sutton will be fucked off.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've never been hid biggest fan (lol) but if he started here like he did today I would of been hips biggest fan.

We are dealing with soyboys pretending to be men, they need a hard arse father figure coach.
That press conference has assured me that he is our guy… you can see the determination he has to get us back to where we need to be. Just got to be patient and support the people at the club that have the same vision.