Embattled Canterbury Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo says he’s trying to “change behaviours”

Paul Doolans mirror

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
one person who witnessed the session speaking on the condition of anonymity said the player was left physically and emotionally scarred after the training punishment. GET REAL ! Emotionally scarred
Why aren't we physically and emotionally scarring other teams??? Exactly..get real..our team doesn't have it in them to hurt anyone,it's evident in our defence

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally,

I’m liking what I’m hearing, this is the only way this club is going to start dominating opposition teams, winning games, and moving up the ladder.

For a long time I’ve said we’re to soft, not powerful enough, not tough enough, not fit enough, that’s why we get dominated and then mentally give up .. and softness is a big part of the injury problems as well ..

If Gus & Ciraldo’s plan is to train them until they become granite, I’m all for it .. and anyone that isn’t up to that, there’s the door.

If anyones watched the changes in Meaney since he went to Melbourne they’d know this is the way to go.

When he went there he was Bulldogs soft, look at his physique now, the muscles in his arms and legs … they’ve worked on toughening him up, he doesn’t get ragged dolled or dominated anywhere near what he used to with us, he tackles hard now and breaks tackles, Bellamy’s hard nosed training has turned him into a very solid footballer … didn’t Bellamy at one time put new recruits on the tools in the off season just to prime them for pre season training.

That’s what we’re missing, body’s and minds of granite, if they weed out the white ants and then consistently work on that and put the discipline behind it, watch us start winning games again …

Everything is in the training !

Last edited:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Depends on the coach. Bennett used to allow his stars like Langer to do his own thing when everyone else was training.

Bellamy on the other hand makes everyone earn their spot in the team regardless of status.

I reckon CC is taking the Bellamy approach.
If any of our players performed like langer im ok if they are allowed to do their own thing. But since nobody is, they need to be flogged

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ve got a sneaking decision he doesn’t always pick his side on ability, he picks it on attitude the blokes have towards training and representing this club even if there’s more talented players he’s leaving out… maybe
Interesting... Hadn't thought of it like that

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck em. They have been dishing out shit for over half a decade and now want to cry when they are being held accountable. I don’t give a crap who it is, don’t like it, quit.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If any of our players performed like langer im ok if they are allowed to do their own thing. But since nobody is, they need to be flogged
Hayne was another noted lazy trainer who just didn't really train hard but just did stretches though he was usually the best player on the park.

In our case, I don't know where these asshole's get their sense of entitlement from? You're shit on the field and don't want to do the hard yards when asked too. We need to name these players so they don't see FG again.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve got a sneaking decision he doesn’t always pick his side on ability, he picks it on attitude the blokes have towards training and representing this club even if there’s more talented players he’s leaving out… maybe
This is a sensible comment, if your looking long term and your trying to rebuild a lazy long term losing culture, into a winning one, there’s a strong possibility this is spot on ..

@04 Dreaming … just so you know, this is what a sensible comment looks like ..

Positive anything … is better than negative everything !

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that is for certain.

Renegade

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I am still not a CC fan but I'm extremely happy he is not putting up with shit. They know who it is so just move on him or anyone else for that matter.

I'm prepared to give him one more season and hope he can get some good results next year. I know its a long process and it take time but as a Dogs fan we have heard that like for the past 6-7 years.

Under all the turmoil and getting smashed by the media if they current players don't lift for this game then I cant see them lifting for game one next year....

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a sensible comment, if your looking long term and your trying to rebuild a lazy long term losing culture, into a winning one, there’s a strong possibility this is spot on ..

@04 Dreaming … just so you know, this is what a sensible comment looks like ..

Positive anything … is better than negative everything !
You sacrifice individual results to ensure the playing group has the right culture. Yeah sucks to be a fan, but its part of the journey. How long it takes is dependent on how long the players as a whole want to hold onto the old lazy losing culture. Over time you can weed out those 'bad eggs'

I also know that when you are trying to change a culture those that already have the required culture can be affected when others hold onto the wrong culture.