Email i got..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Got this email today, discuss.

NOTE: being an atheist i dont beleive in Allah or Jesus. So i dont really have an opinion.

Just thought it may be an interesting topic for discussion.

Allah or the Lord Jesus Christ?
The Muslim religion is the fastest growing religion in the Australia.
Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Anglican and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their beliefs.

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say. The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.

After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked: 'Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy War] against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?'

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, 'Non-believers! '

I responded, 'So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven. Is that correct?'

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of 'a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.'

He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'

I then stated, 'Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope Benedict commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or the Archbishop of Canterbury ordering all Anglicans to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!'

The Imam was speechless!

I continued, 'I also have problem with being your 'friend' when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let me ask you a question. Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there with me?'

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame. Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters of the 'Diversification' training seminar were not happy with this way of dealing with the Islamic Imam and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.
In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in Australia. To elect a government of their choice, complete with Shari law.

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
Are the answers the guy got from the Imam true?

Was the christian guy out of order for asking such questions?

cassyau

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
wow you sure know how to make a controversial thread. I don't think he was out of question in asking the question. But I don't know whether it is true or not that all Muslims believe this. Maybe someone on here can tell us if they do. If so even you would be in danger Boots because as an atheist you are a non believer to both beliefs

BootS

Danned
Reaction score
wow you sure know how to make a controversial thread. I don't think he was out of question in asking the question. But I don't know whether it is true or not that all Muslims believe this. Maybe someone on here can tell us if they do. If so even you would be in danger Boots because as an atheist you are a non believer to both beliefs
Main reason i posted this tbh.

And lol yes mate, my life is always in danger, ecspecially when i die, where am i going to go? :p

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
im a non believer.... i am yet to be convinced by anyone that there is a god....

all religion is fear based...... if you dont do this XXXX will happen....

well i didnt eat my crusts and my hairs not curly either

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
This is a question my brother has asked but hasn't ever had his question answered properly.
I think if this is true, there is going to be some major issues however i think and hope that this is not true at all and that we all could live happily together. Otherwise there will be a lot of holy wars happening in the near future.
What would annoy me on a personal front is if laws from a different country come in from either Greece, Lebanon etc.
We are multicultural race and i believe the laws we have now are just fine

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
im a non believer.... i am yet to be convinced by anyone that there is a god....

all religion is fear based...... if you dont do this XXXX will happen....

well i didnt eat my crusts and my hairs not curly either
So many people think like this man. I'm Orthodox and proud of it, however i congratulate people like you who question religion. I begin to wonder if it's all fear based too. Do this and you will go to hell blah blah

Have sex before your married you will go to hell.

What happened to being just a good kind person who has morals and respects each individual for who they are not whom they belong too

byebyeUTAI

>>>>> Slowem El Tragic
Reaction score
the way i see it... if im a fairly good person.... and do the right thing for most of my life...

when i die... if there is a god and he tells me im going to hell for not getting on my knees every sunday..... then thats not the kind of god i would want to be near anyway...

guess i'll just have to wait and see

Rani

True Blue
Reaction score
I doubt very much that all Muslims believe this. I think that it's the extremist Islamic view. And even if it was true, I doubt very much that anyone would openly admit it on this site.

Reading in the email the possibility of Shari law coming into force here in Australia disturbs me, however, as would the introduction of any other laws, apart from the laws Australia already has in place. I believe that religion and state should be two separate entities, neither interfering in the other, and therefore laws which reflect any religion should not be introduced, especially in a country as culturally diverse as Australia.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in Australia. To elect a government of their choice, complete with Shari law.
This bit is what ****s me. I'm not religious, I don't give a **** about religion, I think it causes more problems than solutions. I hope there will never be a religious force of any kind in control of our government.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most of those rules of religions were made 2000 years ago. People have evovled so im sure the rules have also.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Main reason i posted this tbh.

And lol yes mate, my life is always in danger, ecspecially when i die, where am i going to go? :p
Hopefully we will end up in the big pub in the sky, canning on like a mongrel day and night, without ever getting hangovers.

*I'm hoping there is a Kebab stall just outside the pub too tbh* ;)

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Didn't say criminals weren't non believers;) All walks of people do bad **** - I just don't like it when they use 'religion' to justify it

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very few muslims believe this. And this Imam is a very poor reflection of muslims if indeed this email is truthful. Reminds me of pamphlets sent out during the last fed election. Boots.. don't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.